Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build mode help

I've got this lot of the gallery. I'm remodeling it before moving my sims in. This yellow rug is stuck to the floor, I can't remove it. I can't understand why and how to remove it. I would appreciate any suggestions. This rug must go.
9vTfBkp.png

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah I have this problem sometimes too...I notice when I enlarge the item then it’s harder to remove, but I think it has to do more with catching it with your mouse. Its hard to explain, but I believe that original size is what the mode actually goes by—if you had used the original size of the rug where would the item actually be placed on the floor. It usually helps to run the mouse over the whole rug until I see the mouse’s icon arrow light up or hand open up. So move the bed and try to see if you catch it.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I, too, have found some rugs to be particularly tricky to grab. The best I can offer you is to entirely remove the bed and nightstands, then click around until you are able to select the rug.

You could also try removing the bed, nightstands, desk, and other furniture then completely delete the floor. You can replace the floor by grabbing that "patio" foundation in the wall sections and dragging it until it refills the room. Then you'll need to re-paint the floors and re-place all the furniture you moved out of the way.

Some apartments come with built-in features that cannot be removed (like fireplaces), but I don't remember a yellow rug that looks to be from a stuff-pack to be on that list. You should be able to select it.
    Also, resizing objects makes them more difficult to grab. If the rug is resized, you'll have to grab more near it's dead-center to actually select it.

Good luck!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    As said above, it's because the rug is enlarged.
    Simply move the bed somewhere else and click on the middle of the rug to select and remove it. Then put the bed back in its place.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Thanks !