Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming content to be teased Oct 2nd (Today)

Comments

• Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I don't want any celeb based packs.

To be honest, in Sims 3 i never cared for my sims being a celebrity, it kind of was weird. I rather just have a regular human sim that not popular lol
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I think we're getting an island vacation world. And hopefully a romance pack after that.

I'm not feeling an island vacation world -- we just got Jungle Adventure earlier this year, so it's too soon for another vacation pack. Plus they could have added the stuff we get on the free update to that pack.

The last two packs have been old favorites (Pets and Seasons) so I think the next pack will be something totally different. People will complain that "no one asked for this" but as the release gets closer they'll see th benefits of it. No idea what the theme will be though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I think we're getting an island vacation world. And hopefully a romance pack after that.

I'm not feeling an island vacation world -- we just got Jungle Adventure earlier this year, so it's too soon for another vacation pack. Plus they could have added the stuff we get on the free update to that pack.

The last two packs have been old favorites (Pets and Seasons) so I think the next pack will be something totally different. People will complain that "no one asked for this" but as the release gets closer they'll see th benefits of it. No idea what the theme will be though.

I've asked for just about everything :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Too far away.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    What is most likely to be next, an EP or a GP?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Pinky7797 wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Oooooo, what could it be?

I hope its something good, maybe fall or Halloween stuff. I just wish i could get Sims 4.

seasons and spooky stuff have all Halloween stuff.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Stephy1231Stephy1231 Posts: 21 Member
    I just hope we get a new career!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I feel like it would be too weird to have two EPs release consecutively without at least one GP or SP in between. It doesn't fit the pattern that TS4 has followed so far
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm hoping for a Witches GamePack or Celebrity/superstar remake Expansion.

I never really cared about University. I think the University expansions in the past didn't add much benefit of going to University (except for starting 1 or 2 levels higher when joining a career. It just didn't have enough impact imo.

I can see the appeal though, because it's such a meaningful thing in life.

I hope if we get a University EP, that it will be more important and have a bigger impact on the Sims for the rest of their lives.
    It would also be nice to not only focus on ''University'' but also on pre-school/daycare and the school the kids go to, but that probably will be too much for an EP (considering the state of past EP's).

Another thing I loved was ''The Sims 2 - Freetime'' it added so many hobbies to the game. It really helped to create different stories for all my Sims because they all had different hobbies. I hope they will also bring that back one day.

And oh; a proper Generations pack that focuses not only on ''Parenting'' but on the life stages instead. They can give canes to elders, strollers to toddlers, unchain babies from the cribs, bring back family/kids activities.

Parenthood was good, but it wasn't enough for family play imo.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I feel like it would be too weird to have two EPs release consecutively without at least one GP or SP in between. It doesn't fit the pattern that TS4 has followed so far

They have told us that they are changing up the way they have done things. Dropping those nine second teasers is one example. When will players begin to believe it?

I'm hoping for a Witches GamePack or Celebrity/superstar remake Expansion.

@rudy8292 I really liked Superstar too. I'd love for an updated remake of it with a few new twists and surprises. Fingers crossed one day maybe.
    I'd also be happy with witches (my second favorite occult) but I'd rather it be a Magic EP with a CAS system for any magical creature (witch, elf, fairy, genie, etc. the basic magic is the same) and a updated remake of Makin' Magic with a magic full sized world.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0.

I'd rather have Gaga. My sims need a meat dress. :D

I would like to see that but she need to avoid dogs, she would become an instant magnet.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think it's easier for me to be less hopeful on upcoming content, just in case.

It'll mean my excitement will be doubled than what I expected should it actually be something that I really, really wanted. :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They have told us that they are changing up the way they have done things. Dropping those nine second teasers is one example. When will players begin to believe it?

Oh yeah, that's true. 🤔 Seasons came out unexpectedly in the middle of the year. Back-to-back EPs that are about 4-6 months apart would be okay for me. The next GP/SP can wait. If it's an EP, I hope it's good.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    And yeah, I loved Superstar too. The celebrity/band system in Late Night and the Showtime careers don't exactly scratch the same itch. Superstar had more than just a musical career, and it had more taped/recorded performances as opposed to live ones.

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2018
    Stephy1231 wrote: »
    I just hope we get a new career!

A million times yes! We need more careers, I'd even go for a rabbithole careers mega update right about now.

I hope it's like a hobbies or beach vacation GP
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it's Farming or Witches
    a256aFi.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    Too far away.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I’m hoping we get a beach vacation pack with hotels.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018

I would say a GP. Firstly because it would be very strange for them to release 2 EPs back to back with no other cheaper DLC in between and secondly because they take a little less time to make and we got the last one back in February.
    Also, SimGuruNinja (who works on GPs) teased a new hairstyle a couple of weeks ago.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I would prefer to see something new, we'll get the old packs like Uni etc regardless otherwise people would riot :lol: but if they keep doing them first who knows if we'll see anything new that we've never had before?
    A CNN special??? How grand in scope is this update? Short of an overhaul of the game's core systems, it seems excessive. Not even toddlers got this treatment, and it was a highly requested feature and entirely new life stage.

They also dampened the hype for the gallery patch, so it would be strange for them to overhype now

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Could be the disabilities patch. That's certainly news worthy.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    A CNN special??? How grand in scope is this update? Short of an overhaul of the game's core systems, it seems excessive. Not even toddlers got this treatment, and it was a highly requested feature and entirely new life stage.

They also dampened the hype for the gallery patch, so it would be strange for them to overhype now

Well it better be one BIG update then...too much overhype could lead to a lot more backlash than usual. It better be something really good; what exactly needs new Simlish phrases for a game patch?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Could be the disabilities patch. That's certainly news worthy.

Yeah. I was talking with a friend and she thinks so too. It does make sense that they would want the general public to know about this to increase goodwill

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top