Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick, Help! How did my Sim get stuck under the stairs and how do I get her out?

4Pa242c.png

I was picking up seed packets from those charming holiday gnomes when this happened.
How do I get her out? She won't walk out.

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Silly me. Once I'd posted, I realised I could knock out a wall in build mode and then rebuild. :(
    Feel free to share your D'Oh moments though.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    This happens sometimes and is a glitch.

Testing cheats true

Then shift click on the floor in the room outside and select “teleport”
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Just for future reference, this will happen when you go into build mode and start working and a sim is on or almost on the stairs. Before I learned this, it was driving me crazy by all the sims who kept getting in that situation.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The problem is when this happens with pets, for sims you can enable testing cheats and shift click on the floor "teleport here"
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yer a wizard Harry
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks Folks.
    Welcome to the forums @Flexono1
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I usually jump into build mode and grab an archway, then once the sim uses it to get out I can quickly delete it.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This happens at least once a game for me on Eliza Pancake. Not sure why she likes to play Harry Potter so much but she does! I finally deleted the walls around the bottom of the stairwell. I'd rather they not look pretty and walled in if I have to ctrl+shift+c all the darn time to teleport her out. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I keep finding pets trapped behind stairs when my sims return home from a different lot.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Don't feel bad I had to come to these forums for the same thing not that long ago. Eventually, I removed the staircase to get my stuck Sim out. Replaced said stairs and recently, when the wife got stuck there, too, I placed an archway into the Livingroom.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Just for future reference, this will happen when you go into build mode and start working and a sim is on or almost on the stairs. Before I learned this, it was driving me crazy by all the sims who kept getting in that situation.

I discovered this for myself too. Always check the whereabouts of your sims before entering build mode.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2018
    In this house you could prevent it from happening by reducing the stair size from 3 to 1 tiles (at least I'm pretty sure it's 3 tiles wide atm). Takes a bit of remodeling, but will give your sim a safe place to teleport when reset while on the stairs. If you want to be extra sure, you can, in addition, knock down the thin wall that is part of the stairs.
    I'd add pictures but I'm on mobile and not near my game right now.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've had it happen a few times. Either teleport them, or save, exit, play someone else for a tiny bit, and return to them, and they get themselves out.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh I thought of another possible solution for future reference. Have your sim get out their phone and travel to a different lot. That should get them out. Yesterday an unplayed sim got stuck behind (yes BEHIND) the walk in wardrobe in the nightclub in Windenburg after woohooing in it with my sim and I successfully rescued her by having my sim travel to a different lot with her.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I place the door when my sim gets stuck, then remove it once he is out
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This happens sometimes and is a glitch.

Testing cheats true

Then shift click on the floor in the room outside and select “teleport”

You can also select the Sim, hit the M key and the map will come up -- send the Sim to another lot then bring him/her back home and that should do it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This is a very common happening in the Harbor Quarter Gym in Windenburg (usually with townies). I narrowed the stairs on both sides down to 2 tiles. Seems to have solved the problem.

Thinking I maybe should probably be mindful when I'm changing things around there, but....it just slips my mind.
  • RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    My sims always get stuck at the club in windenburg when they woohoo or makeout. So i just normally add a door behind the bar on that wall so they can just walk out. So depending on where they get stuck in your world just add a door on that wall so when they spawn behind something they can just walk right back out.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited September 2018
    This happened to me so many times in one house, I added a small arch to that wall, then stuck the box for holiday decorations in there to look like under stair storage.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There are a few places I just put a door in... especially since some of the sims are autonomous. Kim-Spencer, Villareal and Pancake household I just do automatically now. It's kind of funny to look around and one of them is pretty red... and you didn't even cause it lol. I also sometimes just make it a utility room if it's large enough under there ..
    egTcBMc.png
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Rats, I should have check here before my game crashed while I was trying to get my sim out from the stairs in the bowling alley in Oasis Springs. I ended up losing a whole fantastic birthday party and a few skills. Good to know the different ways to get them out.
    EA ID burnished_dragon