Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We really need a Romance & Wedding upgrade pack

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
First a list of things I think the game is missing in romance & wedding interactions:

* More woohoo options. Shower woohoo is still not a thing? Woohoo in a single bed would be useful too for the smaller houses that don't have space for a double bed in every room. Who wants to use their friends bed to woohoo anyway, just because they have a double bed and you don't. Yikes!
* Bring relaxing on the bed back. I don't like how sims can only use the bed for a direct woohoo interaction, but there are no romantic laying down interactions. I liked how they could cuddle and make out before woohoo.
* Sleeping and cuddling together if in a romantic relationship. It's pretty cold when two sims are soulmates and can't even cuddle while they sleep. i loved this little feature in previous games. It was darn cute and it needs a come back asap. Who wants to sleep separately when the person you are crushing on is sleeping side of you? Bring back the LOVE!
* Laying down and cuddling on the couch while watching tv would be cool too. I like that they can sit together, but why not have a relaxing laying down option in the couch too. We need some new poses. The standard ones are getting a bit boring to be honest.
* Different ways of kissing or hugging. Remember in TS1 you had a whole list of options under a kissing tab. Same for hugging. You could choose a simple kiss to a very spicy one. Different sims, different relationships need different ways of approaches. I don't like to let my sad, non-committed sim give his date a passionate kiss when he is not that spicy or passionate. Then I am stuck with only one type of kiss. Kind of boring to watch the same interactions each time. We are story tellers and need different type of interactions that suit our sims and their stories.
* Online dating. We are living in a digital time, our sims are restricted to a mobile phone, but we don't have online dating? It gets pretty hard sometimes to find a date, so this would be a nice addition. Not every sim is the type to go to a bar and randomly walks up to a hot sim and flirt. I think the online dating system we had in TS3 was pretty cool! I liked when you got a message from a sim that was interested in yours or when you totally matched with traits and there was a mutual spark.
* Slow dance and dance together. This is also a big deal on a wedding. How can a newly wed couple not slow dance? How can two sims on a smooth date not slow dance? Sims can't even dance together nowadays. How hard is it to just stand across eachother, face to face and dance. I strongly dislike how sims stand across the room from each other and this is called 'dancing together'. It makes no sense and there is no chemistry. Slow dancing is a whole other level that needs to make a come back. It's romantic and brings two sims closer together then ever!

Upgrade for dates/romance:
To be honest, the date system could use some upgrades too. Why can't sims travel while on a date. It's kind of annoying that you can't go to the park for a walk after you ate dinner. Or you can't even go home for a night of woohoo. When the date is over, many sims just suddenly say 'sul sul' and off they go. I always hasty have to pause so they won't leave. Would also like some new options and interactions that need to be fulfilled.

Im not sure if this is already a thing, but on 'the day of love' (valentines day in the sims that came with seasons), it would be nice to get a text or phone call from a sim that has a crush on yours or maybe someone totally out of the blue. Or if you have a strong romantic relationship going on, a marriage or an official relationship, it would also be cool to get some flowers or other presents delivered at your doorstep. How about when your sims gets a package from their secret lover and their current partner accepts the delivery and the option 'ask if cheating' appears in the social menu? Or if you place the object on the lot, it has a click option for their partner on the item that could have them choose 'ask if cheating' as well. You get a pop up message to ask of you want to 'confess' or 'talk your way out if it'. Could make some interesting stories.

Talking about cheating and getting busted. We don't even have this option! It's like sims don't even care. It would be something, if your sims could get the option 'accuse of cheating' if they saw their partner actively flirting or cheating with another sim. I liked the reputation system in TS3 as well. You had to be extra careful outside. Sims that knew you, could gossip and tell if you were cheating/flirting in front of them.

The break up system is also pretty dull. Sims should be able to break up AND divorce under the friendly tab of interactions. Not every parent breaks up with a fight and sometimes thats what they both want so no need to fight. We need divorce under the 'friendly' and 'mean' tabs. We also need a 'break up' interaction under both if sims are in an official relationship.

Upgrades for weddings:

I recently red in another thread where people were asking for a bouquet throwing. Wouldn't that be cool at a wedding? Weddings need way more options. Now we can only have one type of wedding which contains, the ceremony (where sims still stand instead of SITTING.. pls fix this already), dancing, drinking/eating and done. How about a first dance, honeymoon to be planned with the calender system from seasons, sims that throw rice on the married couple after the ceremony (correct me if they already do that, i guess not right?), flower girls, ring barrier, a photo booth where guest can take funny pics as groups with these:

2r253sh.jpg

And maybe a guestbook where you read the funny things other sims wrote depending on the relationship you have with them. We just need a more intense wedding experience in general.

If you have any other ideas, pls do share :) Im sure I forgot some important features we would need in a Romance pack :) Thanks for reading.
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    First a list of things I think the game is missing in romance & wedding interactions:

* More woohoo options. Shower woohoo is still not a thing? Woohoo in a single bed would be useful too for the smaller houses that don't have space for a double bed in every room. Who wants to use their friends bed to woohoo anyway, just because they have a double bed and you don't. Yikes!
    * Bring relaxing on the bed back. I don't like how sims can only use the bed for a direct woohoo interaction, but there are no romantic laying down interactions. I liked how they could cuddle and make out before woohoo.
    * Sleeping and cuddling together if in a romantic relationship. It's pretty cold when two sims are soulmates and can't even cuddle while they sleep. i loved this little feature in previous games. It was darn cute and it needs a come back asap. Who wants to sleep separately when the person you are crushing on is sleeping side of you? Bring back the LOVE!
    * Laying down and cuddling on the couch while watching tv would be cool too. I like that they can sit together, but why not have a relaxing laying down option in the couch too. We need some new poses. The standard ones are getting a bit boring to be honest.
    * Different ways of kissing or hugging. Remember in TS1 you had a whole list of options under a kissing tab. Same for hugging. You could choose a simple kiss to a very spicy one. Different sims, different relationships need different ways of approaches. I don't like to let my sad, non-committed sim give his date a passionate kiss when he is not that spicy or passionate. Then I am stuck with only one type of kiss. Kind of boring to watch the same interactions each time. We are story tellers and need different type of interactions that suit our sims and their stories.
    * Online dating. We are living in a digital time, our sims are restricted to a mobile phone, but we don't have online dating? It gets pretty hard sometimes to find a date, so this would be a nice addition. Not every sim is the type to go to a bar and randomly walks up to a hot sim and flirt. I think the online dating system we had in TS3 was pretty cool! I liked when you got a message from a sim that was interested in yours or when you totally matched with traits and there was a mutual spark.
    * Slow dance and dance together. This is also a big deal on a wedding. How can a newly wed couple not slow dance? How can two sims on a smooth date not slow dance? Sims can't even dance together nowadays. How hard is it to just stand across eachother, face to face and dance. I strongly dislike how sims stand across the room from each other and this is called 'dancing together'. It makes no sense and there is no chemistry. Slow dancing is a whole other level that needs to make a come back. It's romantic and brings two sims closer together then ever!

To be honest, the date system could use some upgrades too. Why can't sims travel while on a date. It's kind of annoying that you can't go to the park for a walk after you ate dinner. Or you can't even go home for a night of woohoo. When the date is over, many sims just suddenly say 'sul sul' and off they go. I always hasty have to pause so they won't leave. Would also like some new options and interactions that need to be fulfilled.

Im not sure if this is already a thing, but on 'the day of love' (valentines day in the sims that came with seasons), it would be nice to get a text or phone call from a sim that has a crush on yours or maybe someone totally out of the blue. Or if you have a strong romantic relationship going on, a marriage or an official relationship, it would also be cool to get some flowers or other presents delivered at your doorstep. How about when your sims gets a package from their secret lover and their current partner accepts the delivery and the option 'ask if cheating' appears in the social menu? Or if you place the object on the lot, it has a click option for their partner on the item that could have them choose 'ask if cheating' as well. You get a pop up message to ask of you want to 'confess' or 'talk your way out if it'. Could make some interesting stories.

Talking about cheating and getting busted. We don't even have this option! It's like sims don't even care. It would be something, if your sims could get the option 'accuse of cheating' if they saw their partner actively flirting or cheating with another sim. I liked the reputation system in TS3 as well. You had to be extra careful outside. Sims that knew you, could gossip and tell if you were cheating/flirting in front of them.

The break up system is also pretty dull. Sims should be able to break up AND divorce under the friendly tab of interactions. Not every parent breaks up with a fight and sometimes thats what they both want so no need to fight. We need divorce under the 'friendly' and 'mean' tabs. We also need a 'break up' interaction under both if sims are in an official relationship.

Upgrades for weddings:

I recently red in another thread where people were asking for a bouquet throwing. Wouldn't that be cool at a wedding? Weddings need way more options. Now we can only have one type of wedding which contains, the ceremony (where sims still stand instead of SITTING.. pls fix this already), dancing, drinking/eating and done. How about a first dance, honeymoon to be planned with the calender system from seasons, sims that throw rice on the married couple after the ceremony (correct me if they already do that, i guess not right?), flower girls, ring barrier, a photo booth where guest can take funny pics as groups with these:

2r253sh.jpg

And maybe a guestbook where you read the funny things other sims wrote depending on the relationship you have with them. We just need a more intense wedding experience in general.

If you have any other ideas, pls do share :) Im sure I forgot some important features we would need in a Romance pack :) Thanks for reading.

I couldn't agree more.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Laying down and cuddling on the couch while watching tv would be cool too. I like that they can sit together, but why not have a relaxing laying down option in the couch too. We need some new poses. The standard ones are getting a bit boring to be honest.
    Couches are really lacking options.
    All sims should be able to lounge on a couch, older sims should be able to snuggle with children and toddlers on a couch, kids and teens should be able to sit upside down on a couch. Couples should automatically snuggle on a couch while watching tv. Kids should be able to build a blanket fort on a couch. All of this stuff should be patched in.

Dancing together needs to be added in a patch. It's long overdue.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Also I want the love letters from TS3 to return only this time I want them to go into our sims inventory so we can read them when we want. I liked the online dating feature in TS3 but it needs to be improved on. Most of the sims who contacted yours thru that feature were married. I would like to see the game make use of the homeless townies and the single sims that live in the neighborhood. No married sims unless their flirty or heartbreakers.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Laying down and cuddling on the couch while watching tv would be cool too. I like that they can sit together, but why not have a relaxing laying down option in the couch too. We need some new poses. The standard ones are getting a bit boring to be honest.
    Couches are really lacking options.
    All sims should be able to lounge on a couch, older sims should be able to snuggle with children and toddlers on a couch, kids and teens should be able to sit upside down on a couch. Couples should automatically snuggle on a couch while watching tv. Kids should be able to build a blanket fort on a couch. All of this stuff should be patched in.

Dancing together needs to be added in a patch. It's long overdue.

YES! Blanket forts! How awesome. All those couch interactions make so much sense. It's crazy we don't have them. I am sick of accepting downgrades in a sims game. The sims 4 lacked so much that I loose hope for The sims 5 sometimes. These little features should make it no matter what and old loved features from previous games should always make a return. Not one for the other. Like this the game will never improve.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Cuddling please!
    It's not graphic, just cute.

And relaxing on the bed was cool too.

The cuddling while watching TV is not as cuddly as it could be :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Cuddling please!

That's because they break away after 5 seconds.
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I kinda miss the intense makeouts from Sims 2 when people would just throw each other onto the loveseats.

Lol it was so cartoony but still!

I hope we get some sort of “Sims 4: Hot Date” pack soon.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Is all the missing interactions like the ones in the OP that makes me miss TS2 so much.
    I wish we had a lot more personal, special, little interactions. Not only romantic but of any kind.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member

Upgrades for weddings:

2r253sh.jpg

Definitely a cool idea but I hope they add funerals to it too (especially Viking Funerals).
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Cuddling please!

That's because they break away after 5 seconds.

The film watching cuddling lasts a little longer but it doesn't looks too comfortable and loving.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love to see more options for weddings and romance too and agree with all the options proposed. It's a pack I would NOT wait to buy if it came out and normally I wait on almost everything unless it's something like Vampires and Jungle Adventure that just sounded and looked too cool in the trailers.

Have different cultural weddings. Not every culture has the same kind of "western" wedding. It's politically incorrect to assume otherwise. I would love to see elope done differently. Where you have the option to see the couple run away together holding hands and end up together being married in Sims version of Vegas in front of an Elvis Impersonator. That would be funny and cute.

Let kids have very very mild romance actions but among themselves. Things like holding hands, playing house together, kiss each other on the cheek, hug, pretend marriage, promise rings, tell each other they like each other, eat a meal (like lunch) together and more.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    How I want a pack like thiss!!!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Have different cultural weddings. Not every culture has the same kind of "western" wedding.
    Heck, try to define a 'western' wedding!
    Church/chapel weddings are not the only way things are done in the west. Garden weddings, town hall weddings, and registry weddings, are all valid options. And a while dress is not the only thing that brides wear either.

More versions of the 'arch' are needed.
    Perhaps some different wedding alters, in place of an arch, and rather than standing, the couple sit?
    88d0f397abc95b5f5291b893d3cc465c.jpg
    8c0fbf94e251e59c41d186659d916d24--indian-weddings-wedding-decor.jpg
    vap_3095550323.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Romantic picnic baskets and cuddling porch swings from TS1 should also be added to this.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Romantic picnic baskets and cuddling porch swings from TS1 should also be added to this.

I would really like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Movotti wrote: »
    drakharis wrote: »
    Have different cultural weddings. Not every culture has the same kind of "western" wedding.
    Heck, try to define a 'western' wedding!
    Church/chapel weddings are not the only way things are done in the west. Garden weddings, town hall weddings, and registry weddings, are all valid options. And a while dress is not the only thing that brides wear either.

More versions of the 'arch' are needed.
    Perhaps some different wedding alters, in place of an arch, and rather than standing, the couple sit?
    88d0f397abc95b5f5291b893d3cc465c.jpg
    8c0fbf94e251e59c41d186659d916d24--indian-weddings-wedding-decor.jpg
    vap_3095550323.jpg

In most cases the couple is the point of the attention. Whether its standing or sitting. They could make these chair sets in different cultural styles where the couple could stay and get celebrated by their guests. Would be pretty cool. Guests should be able to sit while the ceremony is going on. Thats a must. The standing is pretty annoying. And if there are tables set with food on them, it would be nice if the guests all eat at the same time and NOT move chairs and tables. This is another issue that needs to be fixed.. here we go with the musical chair problem again. Its just as annoying as it is in dinner parties. Just choose 1 chair and do all your interactions and eating there unless you really need to talk to a sim that has a table too far away and it would look like screaming to each other instead of talking.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes! I would love for more romantic interactions and content!

I still miss many interactions from Sims 2 and Sims 3. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I can't believe you left out the whole chemistry system as in TS2.

Btw I really miss relaxing and cuddling on bed : (

Oh yes for sure! But i feel like they wont put this in TS4 anymore. I do think this is a must for the sims 5. Also the trait system needs to work as opposites.

Oh yes for sure! But i feel like they wont put this in TS4 anymore. I do think this is a must for the sims 5. Also the trait system needs to work as opposites.

I dont see why not. TS3 also had an attraction system so I can see it being added to TS4 at some point.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-16741722"]Romantic picnic baskets and cuddling porch swings from TS1 should also be added to this.[/quote]

And the heart shaped bed
    HopeCrash wrote: »

And the heart shaped bed

Exactly.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    HopeCrash wrote: »

And the heart shaped bed

and hot tub!

I agree with everything listed in this thread. It'd also be cool to have official honeymoons and able to introduce a significant other to parents/kids.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • SimnoobsieSimnoobsie Posts: 26 Member
    We definitely need more wedding stuff. I wouldn't mind a few more dress options that look like wedding dresses, maybe a few more tux ideas for the guys. I hate that we can't really snuggle in front of the fireplace on those blizzard nights. Or after all the kids have gone to bed on Christmas Eve and the parents should be sitting on the couch snuggling and drinking hot cocoa. Talking about all the warm fuzzy feelings they have about their kids and the holidays.
    Find me on Instgram @simnoobsie for all of my builds.
    For full, inside/out images of my builds go to Imgur. User name Simnoobsie
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    It'd also be cool to have official honeymoons and able to introduce a significant other to parents/kids.

YES to both of these! Especially that second one. I'd love to have a special interaction where a previously single/divorced parent introduces their new partner to the kids as an incoming family member. There could be one for "this is Mom/Dad's new boyfriend/girlfriend" and then one for "we're getting married". For the latter, the kid's reaction would depend on how high their relationship was with both parents and the incoming step-parent. Like how kids react differently to having a new sibling, but less random.

I'd love for online dating to make a comeback, even if it was handled through the phone rather than the computer. I agree though that married Sims should not automatically be added unless they have a relevant trait or aspiration.