Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects that are a MUST in your sims's homes

Comments

• Definitely that trash can and a game system because you can raise multiple sims fun levels fast at the same time, especially after work
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Agreed, the toilet roll is a must in every bathroom whether it's a home or venue. Also, a dishwasher, once they can afford it. I love that the Parenthood one is so cheap with the same specs as the more expensive base game model!

I love clutter too but had to cut down on it with my old laptop when it started dying. Now that I have a new gaming desktop, I can clutter up my Sims' houses to my heart's content! \o/

I haven't been so keen on that trashcan like a lot of you. Reason being, it's so expensive. When you play Rags to Riches style with only one Sim, it's kind of a waste. I might start using it now though since I plan to play with more than just one or two Sims. :)

Also, as someone else mentioned, I upgrade everything possible as soon as possible in all my saves. It just saves sooo much time in my Sims lives that's better spent doing other fun stuff! They get wonderful happy moodlets from upgraded stuff too that stack and make other desirable moodlets such as; inspired, focused, flirty, etc. more powerful. <3

Lastly, rugs. All my Sims' homes must have rugs in the bathroom, bedroom, livingroom and a welcome mat in front of exterior doors.
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    B)

Other than the normal essentials for rooms... I found that in Sims 3 these items are essential to have that no household can go without:

Into The Future Kitchen objects
    Bot Builder

Every room:
    Trash Can
    Hamper

Some Rooms are essential too but that is another topic for another day ;)

One per floor:
    Alarms
    Bot Charging Station

Sims 4 Essential Objects for every room:
    Trash Can

Again some objects I add one time per floor like the Thermostat or the Alarm/Sprinkler

All these are for every household I play no matter what =D

B)
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    i too love that trashcan. its the next best thing to the trash compactor. when i first got sims 4 i looked for the compactor and was disappointed it wasnt included and stumbled on the nanocan. it gets added to every house as soon as its affordable as it slowly pays for itself as the generations start adding up.

i always add a storage chest for collectibles. gems, minerals, ores, frogs etc they all go into that chest if they can, tho it saddens me that all chests in sims 4 are linked so i could have 3 all showing the same items.

i agree with the fire alarm. its like sims 2/3 with the burglar alarm - if u didnt have the alarm u were more likely to get robbed.

i also add a night light thing to every childs room. ive never had a successful 'talk to monster' interaction and got sick and tired of my sim kids waking their parents up every single gosh darn night and then being too scared to sleep. real agitating that one so now i get the light and do without it.

im sure there are other things but these 4 are the main ones for me :)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Scarbo27 wrote: »
    Inspired by the fun and informative thread Items that have been banned from your played sims households? by @hunniboo1 I thought we could share the opposite here. Items that are essential in your houses.

I am not talking about things that are necessary for a sim's survival but specific little objects that we love for one reason or another and always use.

In my case is this trashcan
    G0zbS7I.png

As soon as my sims can afford it, it's the first "luxury item" they get. You don't need to take the trash out nor even need an outside trashcan and it brings money to the household. I don't like how it looks though so I always try to hide it as much as I can.

What are your MUST have objects?

I also love the Nano trash can, loved it since 2014 when I played my first save and I used it in every house that I played, built and redecorated.
    I like to clean the kitchen myself and drag everything to the can instead of wasting my sims' time. I love that I can drag everything to it and it makes that little animation and money sound. I tried to use the other ordinary trash cans, it just doesn't feel the same and I just had to go back to it.

I retextured it a long time ago to match my own decorating style. I think you're playing vanilla but if you're interested and you're okay with 1 small Default Replacement file, I can share the .package file with you. It only replaces the DST images (contain the PNG textures) and nothing else.

cWF3GCy.png
    V1vHVdL.png
    2g5eyM1.png

P.S.: A trash can next to a pet bowl, not ideal, but I didn't have the space for both objects.

That is great and looks simple to have. Thanks so much for the offer. I am however as you said a vanilla player and wouldn't really know how to even add it to the game :D Also like to keep my game vanilla but it really is tempting! It looks so much simpler and stylish!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2018
    Headphones are always purchased :)

As well as:

Thermostat
    Umbrella stand
    Laundry items
    Decoration box.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Oh my goodness, there are so many things that are must haves for my Sims' homes, but I will just keep it to the basic essentials …

- Nano trash can, smoke alarm, sprinkler system, good quality appliances
    - Computer, desk, chess table
    - Good quality beds, if there is a matching dresser all the better
    - Unbreakable toilet, toilet paper, towels, bath robes
    - Some form of exercise equipment
    - Pet accessories, as I generally have a pet or 2 in with my played families
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    The big round 6-seater dining table
    6.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    The trashcan and a fireplace in every room for a better mood.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    For me it is high quality stove and fire prevention system. I also upgrade the dryer if I add laundry stuff... yes, there's a theme lol
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    TV and bookcase, only those. Essential furniture is essential.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I always have to have a garden for some reason. My sims could be rich and live in a huge mansion, but for some reason I always put in a garden. I usually just sell the produce or keep in my sim's inventory so they have an emergency snack in case they are out and about. It really comes in handy if you play the active careers too. Since the gardening system got an overhaul, it seems like the plants at the lab never bare fruit or need watering anymore which is annoying. I just have my sims grow that stuff at home instead.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    For me it's also the toilet roll, can't have a toilet in my Sims house without one of those!

Other than that I like to switch things around. Some sims have a fireplace, some have a TV, some have a stereo.. Not all my Sims have everything. It has always bugged me that when Sims get a whim to buy a TV, that it shows up as "from not owning home necessity". Since when is a TV a necessity!? ;-; It's a luxury thing.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    For me it's also the toilet roll, can't have a toilet in my Sims house without one of those!

Other than that I like to switch things around. Some sims have a fireplace, some have a TV, some have a stereo.. Not all my Sims have everything. It has always bugged me that when Sims get a whim to buy a TV, that it shows up as "from not owning home necessity". Since when is a TV a necessity!? ;-; It's a luxury thing.

the 'buy *insert item here*' whim is ignored in my sim households as they often seem to roll for things i already own. ive had sims wish for pools i already had amongst other kitchen items and tvs and stereos. i think that whim is faulty given they wish for things they already have. maybe its meant to be 'upgrade item'?
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    The 1x1 pool whim is annoying, but the TV one I get around by putting the very smallest cheapest one into the 'attic' space (no stairs, just the bit under the roof) and then I can drag it down for New Year's Eve and TV Premiere.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • hotrodmum57hotrodmum57 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have to have the decorative toilet roll next to the toilet seems WRONG not to have one.
  • soulofadragon1soulofadragon1 Posts: 38 Member
    I always have to have a few bookcases. I love reading in real life so I make my sims read too.
    meme-7.jpg?w=512&h=512
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2018
    Dishwasher.
    Book shelves in the library (and study/living room).
    Cat tree and Sleep Station, though I wish we had that pet bed from 3. The Sleep Station looks so uncomfy, lol.
    Computer.
    Plants.
    Patchy and a tree every Christmas.
    Yard space for a rocket.
    A bar.
    Nightlight for kids.
    Display for Collectibles.
    NanoCan.
    Stereo.
    And Plum, if I forget the toilet roll once we're immediately going back into Buy Mode.

And clutter! Gotta to have my home feeling like a home. ^^
    My sims rarely have everything for extra ease in the beginning. It's much more fun to have them earn it, they don't even play the lotto until they have at least one child, and if they win, it goes straight to the child's 'college' fund. ;)
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I don't know if this counts and it may sound a bit daft, but there's only one item I can say goes into every sim home....a loo roll in a wc/bathroom. It's only a decorative item I know but I couldn't envisage not putting one by every loo. Go figure. :neutral:

This is a must for me also!
    Plants! I like the build an indoor jungle nowadays, but I always placed some plants on the counters, desks or table.

241t9ts.jpg

I see need plants too. Sometimes I like to add a sub room too with a lot of windows and as plants /living room items.

Also I need to hav a stereo of some sort. and I usually add bars. if it’s a fancy home, I’ll put them in their own room or in dining room & if it’s a more casual house, I’ll create a side or back patio with a bar.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    plants. can't go without plants, also the roomba and auto filling pet bowls are a life saver as if i have pets it's never just one :p
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    This isn't an object, but I always use hardwood floors and never carpet. Even when I'm not cheating to give my sims more money for a better house right away, I always spend money on having the floors/walls/doors/windows I want and then I buy cheap/minimal furniture and replace it when they have the money.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    a dollhouse (I really love the castle one) and a radio :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Nano trash can cuz ain't nobody got time to be emptying out the trash, dishwasher cuz ain't nobody got time to stand there and wash dishes manually, and toddler ball pit (not inside the home but you get the point) cuz ain't nobody got time to let toddlers get their movement skill up just by walking and stacking blocks.
  • NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    Clutters, all types of clutters. My sim could be homeless and I’d still spend all of their money on clutters 😅
  • ghostpostghostpost Posts: 42 Member
    edited September 2018
    If there are toddlers, the Wabbit Tablet is an essential in any household. I don't mean to but 99% of the time that tablet does most of the parenting. :joy:
    Post edited by ghostpost on