Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I play both Sims 3 & Sims 4, they have never being the crazy funny riot.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I like Ts4, & don't really care to buy or play the Sims 5. I'd be happy if they honestly just kept improving on Sims 4 until it runs smoothly & every pack is cross-pack compatible with every other pack in more than just a few ways but every pack can hold it's own with only base game.
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2021
    I like Sims 4 now, hated it at the beginning as it didn't have anything and we've had to buy in all the features, however really love playing it now especially the BB and CAS. It runs better 100% better than TS3 and I much prefer it (shocker ik).

Have heard people speculate in the past that EA wouldn't produce sims 5 because A . as OP says EA is making money with sims 4 and creating TS4 products seems to be working out for them.
    B . because the sims game model itself has limitations . i.e. popular products of TS3 TS4, are the same features as previously found in game just updated. the veteran players expect and want the same features but (rightly or wrongly) are asked to pay for the same features in each one. You buy TS2, TS3, TS4, you purchase pets three times over.

All series come to an end eventually. That said I believe there will be a sims 5 and am sure i'll still play TS4 :)

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited April 2021
    Does anybody here believe that it's the Devs who thought up something as unsatisfying and extortionate as Kits? It's not like theyre the ones who set the prices, or place limits on the sizes of packs, or set deadlines.

It's clear with the release of Kits, which are half-a-step from microtransactions, that EA has no respect for its consumers, and considering that the Kits can't be all that satisfying to work on - "Make us small packs with more furniture and clothes!" - not a whole lot of respect for its Devs either.

I really can't imagine it will improve with a Sims 5.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited April 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's clear with the release of Kits, which are half-a-step from microtransactions

I won't worry about it because TS3 was 4 times more expensive and more aggressive than TS4.

- TS3 Store opened at the launch in 2009 with sets at $15 released twice a month. It was addictive.
    - TS4 Kits released at $5, 7 years later after the launch with random release dates.

- TS3 : More than $2000 spent for 20 packs and Store content in 4 years. Ratio : $43 per month
    ($40 "Limited Edition" EP, $30 Katy Perry SP, $20 SP, $35 (Gold)/$20 (Standard) World bundle and $15 Store set)
    - TS4 : $850 spent for 42 packs in 7 years ($40 EP, $20 GP, $10 SP and $5 Kit). Ratio : $11 per month
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I honestly don't play Sims 4. Even though I got the game when it first released, I still don't have it installed on my PC. I tried playing it from 2014-2015, but the fact that the base game lacked features that even the Sims 1 base game had (pools, terrain tools, zodiacs), I couldn't stand it. My friend has the Sims 4 base game as well, and after 6+ years of updates and patches, it's gotten better but not it's still not good enough for me to bother with installing.

I'm going to remain positive and not even manifest sims microtransactions into the world. But the Sims 5 will need a good base game at launch, not the trainwreck that four was. At the bare minimum, combine what Sims 2 and 3 had at launch. I don't mind the loss of an open world, since I'm pretty desensitized to loading screens and I'm willing to make that sacrifice if it means less in-game lag. This is also probably due to the fact that I mostly play Sims 2.

If The Sims 5 comes out with enough base game features to actually feel like a successor, and not regressive, and there's no signs of micro-transactions, I will buy it. I don't mind a store, since it was optional and I'm honestly only a collector/completionist (idr the term) when it comes to xpacs. I do think The Sims 5 is coming, even if Sims 4 will be milked for a while longer, since then EA can be less creative by churning out the packs every game has, and can bump up the cost of 5 packs while putting the 4 packs on "sale." It's important to note that, even if the Sims 4 is still profitable, it's not nearly as big of a moneymaker as it was earlier in its lifespan. Even if producing a new game is expensive, we also have to take into account that a LOT of Sims players are casual, a lot only have Sims 4 for comparison, and a lot will blindly buy it because it's shiny and new. All of this will make EA money.

Honestly, I think Sims 5 will be the end of the series - even if it is the best Sims we've ever had. It's at a point where so many are burned out of the repetitive xpac model, where we inevitably have to drop $40 on seasons, pets, and business packs. However, I think this model is so ingrained that if it gets changed, no one will be happy with the alternative. It's sadly lose-lose.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I don't mind the loss of an open world, since I'm pretty desensitized to loading screens and I'm willing to make that sacrifice if it means less in-game lag.

The lag doesn't come from the open world - lag comes from routing issues, but those are fixable.

edited April 2021

I don't mind the loss of an open world, since I'm pretty desensitized to loading screens and I'm willing to make that sacrifice if it means less in-game lag.

The lag doesn't come from the open world - lag comes from routing issues, but those are fixable.

I think Story Progression is also a part of the problem because the game never stop updating the story of hundreds of NPC townies.

Video games like Cyberpunk 2077 have an open world but none of them are tracking the story of each NPC.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    I really like the Sims 4, I think it is a good game and we don't need a Sims 5.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    TwinkiesLA wrote: »
    I really like the Sims 4, I think it is a good game and we don't need a Sims 5.

I know that people like sims 4, but sooner or later,it will have to come to an end. People should let go and let EA create Sims 5....Sims 4 has been around for more than 6 years now...let it end. After all,if EA kept Sims 2 going on forever,nobody would have open world or Create-a-Style. We would of been stuck in a boring rut of a never-ending Sims 2.

If Sims 4 should end soon,then just accept it and keep enjoying the game. I kept playing Sims 2 even after Sims 3 came out.

Also,saying things like "We don't need a Sims 5" makes it sound like you're speaking for everyone. There are lots of people who want to see Sims 4 end already so they can play Sims 5. You may not want Sims 5,but quite a few others do.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    Okay the arguement of "Let's just keep building on the Sims 4 and improve that instead of a new game" is too me very unrealistic. I don't want to get into much detail here but these are my main points against this:

-First and foremost, technology. The gaming industry is evolving rapidly as is the technology used in newer more exciting games. The Sims 4 is a game that was made to run on 10 yeard old machines. It was outdated when it first came out and every day that goes by it gets more outdated. EA knows you cannot stand still in this industry, you need to move with the pack and like with every game, there will be an end.

-The game cannot handle more content without it breaking. I think the best example is the "Bust the Dust Kit". It came with only one minor feature when it had like ten bugs. It shows the game now consists of "spaghetti code" (this is a real term, you can google it). It basically means the game is so packed with code from all the DLC, that there is no way to tell what will happen if you change one thing. It could break the whole game.

- And the most important agruement of all, is that if we stay in the Sims 4 era forever, there will never be a new, more improved version of the Sims. Have you ever thought if the people who played the Sims 1 said: "Oh we don't need the Sims 2, let's just keep improving the Sims 1". We would still to this day play the Sims 1 and all these massive improvements that have been made over the years wouldn't have happened.

Guys, don't be afraid of change. If a new Sims game comes out, that doesn't mean The Sims 4 will disappear from your library. You still own everything you have bought. But to quote Hairspray, one of my most favorite musicals: "the world keeps spinnin' round and round" Time will pass and things will change, that's just the world we live in, so you better make your peace with it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    I don't see any proof that Sims 5 at launch would prove any improvement on Sims 4 at launch. This is EA, the people who, after the Sim City crash, cut Sims 4 off two years in to start over and release half a game instead of a full game.

Oh, it's nice to think they listen. But they don't. They'll release whatever makes them the most money on launch and can be relied upon to pound out money for years after. Quality be Woo-Hooed.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't see any proof that Sims 5 at launch would prove any improvement on Sims 4 at launch. This is EA, the people who, after the Sim City crash, cut Sims 4 off two years in to start over and release half a game instead of a full game.

Oh, it's nice to think they listen. But they don't. They'll release whatever makes them the most money on launch and can be relied upon to pound out money for years after. Quality be Woo-Hooed.

And there is no proof that it wouldn't be an improvement. Honestly, The Sims 4 was a massive step down from The Sims 3's base game in almost every regard. If The Sims 5 ships with a vast, open world to explore and creative tools that have the same or better power as The Sims 3, then I'd say it's already on track to be a huge improvement.

I really don't think it's smarter to wish against the next iteration in favor of dragging out this one. You said it yourself -- they released half a game with The Sims 4. That doesn't mean just the gameplay alone; it means everything 'underneath' that we cannot see too, such as its programming capabilities.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    Okay the arguement of "Let's just keep building on the Sims 4 and improve that instead of a new game" is too me very unrealistic. I don't want to get into much detail here but these are my main points against this:

-First and foremost, technology. The gaming industry is evolving rapidly as is the technology used in newer more exciting games. The Sims 4 is a game that was made to run on 10 yeard old machines. It was outdated when it first came out and every day that goes by it gets more outdated. EA knows you cannot stand still in this industry, you need to move with the pack and like with every game, there will be an end.

-The game cannot handle more content without it breaking. I think the best example is the "Bust the Dust Kit". It came with only one minor feature when it had like ten bugs. It shows the game now consists of "spaghetti code" (this is a real term, you can google it). It basically means the game is so packed with code from all the DLC, that there is no way to tell what will happen if you change one thing. It could break the whole game.

- And the most important agruement of all, is that if we stay in the Sims 4 era forever, there will never be a new, more improved version of the Sims. Have you ever thought if the people who played the Sims 1 said: "Oh we don't need the Sims 2, let's just keep improving the Sims 1". We would still to this day play the Sims 1 and all these massive improvements that have been made over the years wouldn't have happened.

Guys, don't be afraid of change. If a new Sims game comes out, that doesn't mean The Sims 4 will disappear from your library. You still own everything you have bought. But to quote Hairspray, one of my most favorite musicals: "the world keeps spinnin' round and round" Time will pass and things will change, that's just the world we live in, so you better make your peace with it.

Yeah, this video from James Turner (I inserted a timestamp but in case it's not working it's happening at 16:53) pretty much shows us that something is seriously wrong with the game right now. It looks like it's running worse on modern hardware. His game slows down to 7 fps.

https://youtu.be/x-k0NQL1jIM?t=1013

I talked with some people a couple of years ago and they said pretty much what you said, spaghetti coding will be a serious issue if you keep a game going for that long. Unless they go back and optimize it which is not very likely with the way they are making packs and kits.
    edited April 2021
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, this video from James Turner (I inserted a timestamp but in case it's not working it's happening at 16:53) pretty much shows us that something is seriously wrong with the game right now. It looks like it's running worse on modern hardware. His game slows down to 7 fps.

@logion I've seen this happening to a lot of Youtubers from LGR, lilsimsie, Plumbella, Deli and James they all have several videos with massive fps drops for minutes at a time. It really looks bad cause GameChangers are there to also advertise the game and it really isn't easy to do when the performance is so bad.

They all use very modern hardware so it's definitely not a problem with their systems, it's the game.

Also the spaghetti coding thing. You know, I don't blame it on the team or EA. It's just the nature of the game. Sims games are very complicated and after so much DLC has been added it's only normal that the game will start struggling. This is why I say Sims games always have an expiration date. There just so much you can add before you lose track of what every string of code affects.
    edited April 2021
    The Sims 5 Season Pass

The free content would become free content for subscribers only.
    edited April 2021
    People talk as if Sims 5 will be built on Sims 3's engine and be just like Sims 3. Also they talk like Sims 3 was the God of Sims games and wasn't trying to rip people off with hats for 75c at all. Sims 3 was built on Sims 2's engine, just with smarter computers. That's seriously out of date by now.

Sims 3 is looked on with such fondness because when we play it now, we play it with computers FAR improved from what it was released for. With each pack release, more stress was put on your older computer. In fact, this is why Sims 2 AND Sims 3 BOTH lasted only 4 years. Same engine, same restrictions. It was inevitable that a Sims 4 would come, even if EA did lay off 900 Sims 3 employees to avoid paying them bonuses.

Sims 4 was built in a way that DLC could be released for years to come. Years and years. Obviously this is an improvement. Unfortunately it's been sorely abused for the purposes of making money. The more DLC a game has, the more confused and mixed up the code becomes, and the more difficult it is to fix bugs.

There's no need to get at me; I really do feel sick at myself for buying Journey To Batuu. On the other hnd I am a demonstration of people who will just keep buying the packs.

I honestly cannot grasp why people think that EA, inventing extortionately priced Kit Packs at the same time as it hires people for building a new game with microtransactions and gets its players to create any free content in its 21st anniversary celebration, is also going to suddenly become magically generous when they've been grubbing money more and more, and release Sims 5 complete with dynamic weather and seasons when they NEVER DID BEFORE. I mean, surely not everybody wants WEATHER. That should come with personalising your game. Weather, the best selling pack besides Cats And Dogs, wanted by all? Preposterous!
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @Loanet I feel your pain. I've loved this franchise for years. Since 4 came out, I haven't felt the love reciprocated.

To be honest, I really feel that my love for this franchise ended with 3. I would love nothing more than for 5 to blow me away, but I have come to realize that it's nothing more than a dream. Nothing would please me more than for 5 to please me beyond my wildest imagination, but I have no faith anymore that it will happen. :'(
    edited April 2021
    I really do feel sick at myself for buying Journey To Batuu.

I use this pack as Galaxy's Edge theme park.

After $30 Katy Perry stuff pack (no gameplay, no world), I can't complain about $20 Star Wars game pack (or $15 on sale).
    edited April 2021

After $30 Katy Perry stuff pack (no gameplay, no world), I can't complain about $20 Star Wars game pack (or $15 on sale).

Hmm, I don't think that just because the Katy Perry pack was bad, it somehow makes the JtB pack good. So I don't get why the comparison needed to be made in order to make JtB seem better.

"If you only compare yourself to people worse than you, you will never become better" - Ludwig van Amadeus Einstein, 2021
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think there’s 2 possibilities for Sims 5. Either it will stick with the traditional base game + dlc model, or more likely in my in the subscription rumors are true and it will be a complete or nearly complete game with things like weather and pets etc. at release and players will have to fork over like $5-$8/monthly to play. If that’s the case, the release of TS5 will likely coincide with the EA Desktop app coming out of beta testing and the phase out of Origin. There will also be I think an online multiplayer element to it, whether or not it could be switched off I don’t know. But if I’m right about subscriptions and multiplayer, TS4 will likely be the end for me.
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member

Hmm, I don't think that just because the Katy Perry pack was bad, it somehow makes the JtB pack good. So I don't get why the comparison needed to be made in order to make JtB seem better.

"If you only compare yourself to people worse than you, you will never become better" - Ludwig van Amadeus Einstein, 2021

You're getting Beethoven, Mozart, and Einstein mixed up.

You're getting Beethoven, Mozart, and Einstein mixed up.

@Dragonmasterleo That's the joke. It's a fake quote I made up so I had to make up a fake name to go with it. :wink:
    edited April 2021
    @SimmerGeorge

I want to compare $30 TS3 content (60 items) to $20 TS4 content (world, gameplay and 254 items).
    It's difficult for me to complain when I spent less money for more content.

It doesn't mean the content is good or bad, just I can't expect outstanding content with this low price, it's already fine to have it.

If The Sims 5 is expensive like The Sims 3, maybe you should begin to save $45 per month.
    @SimmerGeorge

I want to compare $30 TS3 content (60 items) to $20 TS4 content (world, gameplay and 254 items).
    It's difficult for me to complain when I spent less money for more content.

It doesn't mean the content is good or bad, just I can't expect outstanding content with this low price, it's already fine to have it.

If The Sims 5 is expensive like The Sims 3, maybe you should begin to save $45 per month.

@LeGardePourpre Maybe you should try playing other games to see what it actually means to spend "less money for more content". Cause compared to EA games, especially the Sims, there are tons of games that are full expansive experiences just from the base game. Imagine that! :wink: