Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie (or is it NPC) situation

imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Can we fix the townie situation? Or whatever the term is for sims that are in the game that I don't play with. I would like to have complete control over how many townies I have, their outfits, jobs, traits, etc.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The TS5 will have a townie creator tool, where you have complete control. :D;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    And the Titanic will make port in Boston Harbor this Thursday under her own power.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    You could edit them in CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat. I know it's time consuming but, that is all we have. :(

I don't know if there is a cheat to change their Jobs and status.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I'm the same way. I'd like the ability to mess with townie traits/skills/relationships/jobs from the 'edit household' panel without having to play the game.

I also hate auto generated townies. I use a mod to limit them and the ones that do show up I delete whenever I leave the game.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    id like the ability for unplayed sims to progress in all aspects of their lives. i dont mind the randomness of them per se but find it silly that all my neighbors will just age up and die without romanticizing someone and having a family. i would prefer that over sims being automatically deleted when too many exist. instead of that have them create little families and next generations instead of singles, or a single mum and one sibling.

the ability to create townies first would also be desirable. choosing how old they are, their job/job level (1-10), finances, family members, clothes and body features would be nice and give, for me at least, viable townie options for sim relationships. but i feel its kinda ruined if they dont have their own story progression and are potentially hogging houses until they die instead of creating their own townie legacy
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I'm probably in a minority here, but I like the townies as they are; I like the fact that I don't control them and they have random personalities, even if their fashion choices can be questionable sometimes. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain