Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bringing back the *Small Details*

2...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don’t. Nor do I want them to remaster Sims 3, because what works for me doesn’t necessarily work for someone else. When I play Sims 2 I miss aspects that turn out to be very important to me. I think we may expect from the creators to try and pick out those aspects that unite simmers in relation to enjoying this game. Not cater just one part of the fanbase.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don’t. Nor do I want them to remaster Sims 3, because what works for me doesn’t necessarily work for someone else. When I play Sims 2 I miss aspects that turn out to be very important to me. I think we may expect from the creators to try and pick out those aspects that unite simmers in relation to enjoying this game. Not cater just one part of the fanbase.

Agreed. It shouldn't be just a remaster with better graphics and smoother animation. A TS2 "remaster" would require a lot more -- such as the ability to visit another Sim's household or to have shoes and accessories separate from an outfit, stuff like that and much, much more. TS2 is a wonderful game, full of detail. Yet, through the lens of today's games, it is underwhelming in certain features that I would want in a Sims game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It has always amazed me how many small details they have ignored the bed always being a great example in past games Sims could cuddle in bed now their in their own world, kids use to be able to jump on the bed, dreaming that's a thing of the past and making the bed is out of the question because it makes itself even our sloppy Sims are neat freaks.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    I hope that one day EA do remaster TS2....

Really ? They can’t even master a next Gen sims game ... lol I think your having a laugh
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    I miss fishtanks from the sims 2. You could tap on the glass and they would scatter, feed them, not feed them, the tank could get dirty, the fish could die if you neglected them. That is just one small item but it was so detailed. It's not the visuals I miss, it's the amount of interaction you could have with objects and with the environment. You could swim in the lakes and oceans, suntan on a hot day. When you built a store, people would carry shopping bags and the cash registers were something you had to use and master. If you were new at using the cash register you had to build up your skills to become faster. People would stand in line at the shop and if you were terrible at using the cash register, the people in line would become agitated. They would stamp their feet or look at their watch, sometimes they would get so angry about waiting they would leave the store.
    Then there were relationships. You would get in a fight and the sim could hold a grudge for ages, even have a secret wish that the other sim would die and become a ghost. Now if you get in a fist fight with another sim, as soon as it's over you start chatting politely. So much is missing from this game. It isn't fleshed out like it used to be. It's so sad because I really want to love this game like I did with the Sims 2.
  • NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    This thread needs to be known to every guru/developer ever. We need our newspapers, realistic objects, a more interactive world, swimming in the ocean, etc.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I cannot agree more the little things in the previous games are what added the immersion and much needed realism it made the sims fee different and most important interesting i loved meeting other sims and seeing who was the best match for mine now they all act the same always happy and goofy

Two things i need changed before they move on is
    When my sim is in a fight i want them to stay mad for longer i want the other sim to start a fight if ther upset with the other sim i DON’T want them to act nice right after that is just so annoying i can’t get over it in the sims 3 your sims would get in a random fight sometimes and it would be HILARIOUS same goes cor cheating if my sim cheats i want the sim that has been cheated on to be MAD like really mad and i want it to take a while before they can make up just more realism in the anger department PLEASE
    Secondly
    Better romance i don’t understand why it has to be so easy to marry a sim and get a baby it takes away from it being special in ts3 you had to put in work and not every sim matched this was EVEN BETTER in ts2 with turn onms and turn off’s but in sims 4 you can litterally date anyone in five minutes and it get’s boring so quickly if you want drama you have to make it up wich can be fun but i 🐸🐸🐸🐸 the game to throw in a different direction and give me something to work with to keep me interrested please devs think about this we absolutely need this
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Sims 2 conveyed emotions much better than Sims 4 does with an emotion system! You always understood what they were feeling/experiencing - not just random buffs getting rolled for no reason.

THIS! It's all very well a guru saying "now the emotions actually have implications for gameplay" - in The Sims 2 the Simmies *felt* their emotions, the emotions didn't just sit on their buff list enabling them to score some skill faster.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Sims 2 conveyed emotions much better than Sims 4 does with an emotion system! You always understood what they were feeling/experiencing - not just random buffs getting rolled for no reason.

THIS! It's all very well a guru saying "now the emotions actually have implications for gameplay" - in The Sims 2 the Simmies *felt* their emotions, the emotions didn't just sit on their buff list enabling them to score some skill faster.

I think it's because their emotions were so specific. TS4's generic emotions don't mean anything since any number of interactions can bring about the same emotion. Is your sim tense because they're lonely or because it's sunny or because there's a dish on the floor? IT DOESN'T MATTER. They'll go in the sauna for any of these things. Nothing matters.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Obviously a lot's been said by everyone on this, so I'll be succinct.

The part where you said, "As a Simmer whose been here since the sims 2 speaking on the behalf of them-self and other nostalgia loving simmers, can we have some of the nostalgia and weird secrets back" soared like an arrow and impaled my heart. You couldn't have said it any better.
    tenor.gif

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    There's so much from TS2 that should be in TS4 that I have gone back to TS2. The appearance of Sims, attraction and chemistry, emotions, memories, hobbies and University seriously need to be brought over.

The differences between Teens, Young Adults, and Adults are visibly and audibly apparent (Young Adults and Adults sound different in TS2 and Teens are shorter than the other 2 ages). The clothing is different for the different ages (although Young Adults and Adults can wear some of the same clothes).

The emotional system is way more advanced in TS2. Sims can actually express Fury, Jealousy and other emotions much better.

I also miss the Memories system from TS2. It helps me remember who is friends and who's in a romantic relationship.

I can actually tell who my Sims are attracted to and build relationships from there thanks to Attraction and Chemistry.

University made such an impact that it's the feature I play most often in the game. The classes, homework, term papers, skill point gains, and community lots on campus help the college experience seem real to me.

FreeTime added hobby enthusiasm which pretty much happens on its own in most of my games. I really enjoy letting my Sims work on whatever hobby they choose when they're not socializing, working on college coursework or caring for needs.

I could probably go on and add a LOT to this post but these things to me would make TS4 a MUCH better game.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! I started playing sims3 on the wii console, then graduated to sims3, sims3 seasons, and sims pets,on pc,i also have sims4, get to work, cool kitchen stuff, outdoor retreat,and just got cats and dogs,
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    But I have to say, I do like the sims3, don't know anything about sims1 and sims2, Can I find those anywhere, anymore?
  • Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    I don't know how small this is considered to be but inheritance ..
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Amen.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    But I have to say, I do like the sims3, don't know anything about sims1 and sims2, Can I find those anywhere, anymore?

Try evil-bay. I know they have lots of TS2 stuff, including the books. Not sure on TS1 as I still have all my stuff and haven't looked for it, but there is most likely good hunting on it as well.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member

Yes! I remember when TS4 was advertised -- something about the color of rooms influencing the sims' moods. I hated that! Why does blue always make every sim sad -- what if my sim LIKES the color blue and it makes him or her happy? I just didn't get it. But then, with the released game feeling so ... small (no toddlers and never mind that every release strips down the game yet again so that every cool thing that you'd think COULD be included in the base game like seasons, a complete education system to include University and educational careers, functioning cars, and spiral staircases...ugh I'm digressing here), I wasn't tempted to buy the game for quite a while (finally bought it in December of 2016).

I miss the way sims in TS2 reacted to each other differently. The attraction system was pretty good and I enjoyed seeing the sims react negatively to other sims -- just because it made the positive reactions more special. I could probably go on...and on. So, yes, please do bring back the small details (slow dance, cuddling in bed, getting the morning paper, more delivery food to order please, house phones -- or at least a cell phone we could take from our sim and place in the world -- and break if we want to just because (please, less "forced" actions on our sims).