Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the MCCC Mod worth it?

JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
edited September 2018 in General Mods Discussion
I don't like putting mods in my game on account of technical issues I've had in the past with them, but I really miss story progression. I see a lot of people like the mod while others have varying opinions. So I was wondering from those who are like me about being sceptical with mods that have given the MCCC Mod a chance if it's worth trying out.
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm very skeptical about using mods, but I think you should give MCCC a try.

I must confess I don't use it a lot. In fact, I disabled it and completely forgot about it, so I don't miss it much...but I suppose that all comes down my style of gameplay and that I am not used to using it. However when I did use it was not too bad. It caused no technical issues for me (I use a Mac though), and it was fun to play about with. Maybe give it a try? :smile: It is one of those mods that you can use as little or as much as you wish.

Maybe some other Simmers can give you a better run down of the benefits of this mod. :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    If you want story progression, yes it's worth it. But it's not a drop-in-and-go mod: you really do need to read about what the settings do as it WILL change your town. I suggest creating a test save and having a play around for a couple of Sim weeks until you're happy with what the mod is doing. Personally, I don't think I could play without it now.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I was initially skeptical about using it, but installed it last month and absolutely love it! It's great to see my townies getting married, having children, etc. And some of the sims I've created but have let roam free have gotten married too. Usually I'd just let them stay in my 'my households' tab, but I've started marking the families as unplayed when I'm no longer interested in playing them, and there have been some interesting match-ups. I think you should give it a try, it's a great mod.
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    I love the mod. You can change up so many settings in the mod and there’s so many options to chose from. I had the mod for three years and I just recently realized I can set the days I want a certain life stage to be instead of having to go off of the base days. Really happy about that and I can change the pregnancy duration and occult stuff and turn risky woohoo for more realism it’s perfect. Trust me sometimes MCCC do 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off especially when it ruins my ideal story when I’m not playing with a certain household. But I fixed that in the settings so everything you might think you won’t like it or will love you can change those settings. It’s the best and I suggest getting it.
  • Options
    If you want story progression, yes it's worth it. But it's not a drop-in-and-go mod: you really do need to read about what the settings do as it WILL change your town. I suggest creating a test save and having a play around for a couple of Sim weeks until you're happy with what the mod is doing. Personally, I don't think I could play without it now.

A test play isn't a bad idea. Ill definitely have to read into it. I tried using the NPC vendor mod bcuz it annoys me that we can't have a vendor for stalls without paying for it on a publicly built lot. I couldn't figure if I just missed something in the download but I couldn't get it to work and then bar tenders didn't show up to other lots.

I do want story progression bcuz in my legacy play I want other members in the family to continue on istead of just exist and die off bcuz I didn't pick them to be the heir. It would be interesting to see how siblings or other relatives play out.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I think so. I have used it for over a year. I used to use many NRAAS mods in TS3. I love MCCC. I don't have any issues. As long as you know how to use mods, backup your game, etc, I think you will be fine.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've heard so many people having problem with it that I decided not to try; and it is difficult to install and use.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    If you like story progression then yes! it's worth it. :) you can also manually set the lifestages if that's something you're interested in.
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    I've heard so many people having problem with it that I decided not to try; and it is difficult to install and use.

It’s not difficult it seems like it would be cause at first it can be overwhelming but it’s not. Just download it, unzip it, and place it in your mods folder.
  • Options
    How does story progression work with this mod?
    I was reading through the Mod and I don't really want all of these. I just want Sims in the town to continue to live their lives and relationships continue to grow. If I'm making any sense.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    How does story progression work with this mod?
    I was reading through the Mod and I don't really want all of these. I just want Sims in the town to continue to live their lives and relationships continue to grow. If I'm making any sense.

If that's all you want, I'm not sure you need MCCC. If you want them to actually get married and/or have children, you need MCCC.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @So_Money I want Sims that aren't the heir in my legacy family to get married and have children without me playing them. I want them to carry on living their sim life without my full control.

With that said I don't mind if the townies do the same. It could be interesting to see what comes of it.
    So which mods in the MCCC would I need exactly?

Don't get me wrong, I used the NRAAS mod for Sims 3 and loved it, until my game started crashing and I had to get rid of it. But I've only just recently thought about using mods for Sims 4. I love to play and build in this game but, it feels lacking and I get bored. So I want to try story progression but not really sure about using mods and all my builds are CC free.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    @leetamme

You definitely need the core MCCC mod and also the pregnancy module (which includes marriage functions). Typically you get everything in one archive, so if you don't want any of the other modules, just don't extract them.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You can customize it to your liking. I, for example, let the mod marry only housed sims, to avoid the genetics from random townies and limit the sims number. You can disable the features you don't want and you don't even need to install the modules you don't need, like the dresser module or the cheats module.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Absolutely. It has transformed my game. I wouldn't still be playing if I didn't have it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2018

It's not really that difficult -- the key factor to remember is to not delete the mc_settings.cfg file when you're updating, because that's where your custom settings are stored. Back up that file whenever you change a setting and you'll be in good shape when you do update.

I like the fact that I know my game will go on without my direct interference. Bob and Eliza Pancakes are on baby number 3, for example, and Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab had a daughter before they aged up to Elder and died (the daughter is a teen living with her brother Malcolm and his wife. One of my Sims adopted sons married a male game-created townie, another married a member of a family I had in another save and added to this one when she was a child. (Her parents just died in my game which was a bit sad.) I also have it set so that orphaned/neglected children are adopted by other households rather than deleted from the game, so when a single mom froze to death while jogging (before they fixed that), her daughter was adopted by another single woman and my kids didn't lose a friend.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I think so. I have used it for over a year. I used to use many NRAAS mods in TS3. I love MCCC. I don't have any issues. As long as you know how to use mods, backup your game, etc, I think you will be fine.

Like this simmer ^^^, I used to use the NRAAS mods in TS3, and have used MCCC for over a year now. I was very afraid to try it at first because the mod seemed so "of EPIC Proportions" so to speak, then TS4 got really boring and just wasn't holding my attention as it was currently, then I downloaded MCCC and slowly tested the waters little by little, and Voila! just like NRAAS saved my TS3, TS4 without MCCC is pretty much a deal breaker. I will go weeks without playing TS4 if needed after a large patch or new EP if it took that long to update it. (Fortunately the modder loves his/her??? mod too, so it gets updated like almost immediately, which is another plus for downloading it :)

On a side note: @lasummerb, your avi makes me seriously want to go back to CC. Gorgeous sim indeed <3
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I can't imagine Sims4 without MC_Command center.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    At first I didn't know how to use it, but once I did and figured out the settings. Aside from story progression it can also be used for cheats. I can't live without it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Wait, so @stilljustme2 are you telling me I don’t have to redo my settings every time I update MCCC?? Do I take mc_settings out before I delete and install the latest? Or how does it work?
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I eventually tried it for the first time a few months ago and now I can't imagine my game without it. I think your game will be fine as long as you install the new versions after every patch.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I don't use any other mods or CC, but I love MCCC. It hasn't caused me any issues.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Wait, so @stilljustme2 are you telling me I don’t have to redo my settings every time I update MCCC?? Do I take mc_settings out before I delete and install the latest? Or how does it work?

From the installation instructions on Deaderpool's tumblr: "For upgrades, leave your mc_settings.cfg, mc_tuner.cfg and mc_dresser.cfg files always as they will automatically be upgraded to new versions without you having to redo all your settings."

So just leave those three files in your mods folder when you install a new version.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Amazing, @hyrulerose I didn’t know that! Thanks! :heart:
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @simmer_jay yeah leaving the cfg is a lifesaver, but kinda ironic, I deleted it today because I had changed so many pregnancy settings, my Sims could not get pregnant through normal woohoo (I didn't know what I needed to change back), so I took out the old one and just redid my other settings. :/
    Normally. I never have to redo the settings.