March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that will improve the Sims 4. What are your ideas?

2...Next

Comments

• V_IceV_Ice Posts: 49 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    V_Ice wrote: »
    Stats for each sim, like an RPG. And a more robust relationship system.

That sounds interesting. I'm not very familiar with RPGs, what would the stats look like?

A lot them would precipitate an overhaul of the traits and skills system - which is either too binary (traits) or not impactful enough (skills). For example, I'd prefer it if my sims had some level of ambition, rather than simply be ambitious or not because they don't have the trait.

I'd combine some of the traits with skills, and we would be able to "roll" these stats in CAS, with less points available for younger sims. We'd have base stats like humor, intelligence, charisma, handiness, endurance, greed, confidence, ambition, cleanliness, flirtiness, etc. From there, we would select certain perks for our sim, based on stat thresholds.

But the important thing would be that each of these impacts what our sim can do in the game to a significant degree and also control what perks they qualify for. So a sim with a humor stat of 8 would then be able to choose some cool humor-based perks at creation.

I also think that the stats of adult sims should be very hard to raise through gameplay. Kind of like when you reach a high level in an RPG and levelling up can be painfully slow. Furthermore, elders should start losing points from their stats.

Nice, nice!

Something like that would probably be a next generation iteration of the game because that would require the entire system revamped.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Stats for each sim, like an RPG. And a more robust relationship system.

That sounds interesting. I'm not very familiar with RPGs, what would the stats look like?

A lot them would precipitate an overhaul of the traits and skills system - which is either too binary (traits) or not impactful enough (skills). For example, I'd prefer it if my sims had some level of ambition, rather than simply be ambitious or not because they don't have the trait.

I'd combine some of the traits with skills, and we would be able to "roll" these stats in CAS, with less points available for younger sims. We'd have base stats like humor, intelligence, charisma, handiness, endurance, greed, confidence, ambition, cleanliness, flirtiness, etc. From there, we would select certain perks for our sim, based on stat thresholds.

But the important thing would be that each of these impacts what our sim can do in the game to a significant degree and also control what perks they qualify for. So a sim with a humor stat of 8 would then be able to choose some cool humor-based perks at creation.

I also think that the stats of adult sims should be very hard to raise through gameplay. Kind of like when you reach a high level in an RPG and levelling up can be painfully slow. Furthermore, elders should start losing points from their stats.

Nice, nice!

Something like that would probably be a next generation iteration of the game because that would require the entire system revamped.

Probably. One can dream, though. :)
  • TheGayestNickTheGayestNick Posts: 15 Member
    I'd really like to have the ability to visit your sims in the workplace like the Get To Work expansion, but with some of the jobs in the base game. :)
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I like the idea of banks, I would also like to see the financial statement system from TS1 return to the game. I'd also like to see rental of homes as an option instead of purchasing them, sims could always buy their home when they had saved enough for it.

For new sims I almost always use the free real estate cheat so I can have them move into a slightly better home with some extra spare cash to start their lives, if I could choose to rent a house to start with then I wouldn't feel the need to use that cheat. I suppose I could always choose to rent an apartment in San Myshuno to start them off (I do irl) but I'm not keen on that city and would prefer them to start off in a house. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2018
    Fixing all the major bugs/glitches that have been in the game since the release of 'Seasons' would be a good start.

Seriously though... it's been three months and we still have major issues that are constantly being ignored by the developers, despite getting several patches since then.

I'd rather have them fix the bugs we currently have BEFORE creating new features that will likely only end up introducing more bugs.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Fixing all the major bugs/glitches that have been in the game since the release of 'Seasons' would be a good start.

Seriously though... it's been three months and we still have major issues that are constantly being ignored by the developers, despite getting several patches since then.

I'd rather have them fix the bugs we currently have BEFORE creating new features that will likely only end up introducing more bugs.

And then preceded to drop the mic B)

I don't know if they will have be able to clean out all the bugs. Sims 3 was laced with many .. they haven't been fixed to this day ..
    Post edited by V_Ice on
    edited September 2018
    I like the idea of banks, I would also like to see the financial statement system from TS1 return to the game. I'd also like to see rental of homes as an option instead of purchasing them, sims could always buy their home when they had saved enough for it.

For new sims I almost always use the free real estate cheat so I can have them move into a slightly better home with some extra spare cash to start their lives, if I could choose to rent a house to start with then I wouldn't feel the need to use that cheat. I suppose I could always choose to rent an apartment in San Myshuno to start them off (I do irl) but I'm not keen on that city and would prefer them to start off in a house. :smile:

The game simply lacks creativity on this front. If your created household has $15K to start, you should be able to rent a fairly nice place at $1200 per week, with maybe a $5,000 to $7,500 down payment (depending on whether you want the place furnished). But currently the game forces you to pay cash for a $14K starter home or rentals require you to pay the value of furniture, so you end up spending nearly all your money regardless. There's no distinguishable difference between the two features (Owning & Renting), which is rather mediocre.
    edited September 2018
    I'd really like to have the ability to visit your sims in the workplace like the Get To Work expansion, but with some of the jobs in the base game. :)

If there was a "Bring your child to work day" that would be a really nice touch. Seasons was also an opportunity for the game to have workplaces hosting Christmas parties or something ...

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2018
    A more detailed and in-depth personality system would be great! Emotions as we've known them so well, but also some "thoughts", turn ons and offs, the ability to have multiple aspirations simultaneously, and MEMORIES! I've been dying to have an album full of the important things in my Sims life. I miss the memory system from The Sims 3...

I think I'd like the memory system from Sims 2 instead. It focused on the important things like births, deaths, major romantic events, etc. I mean, how many times does a Sim need to remember growing a perfect plant? And with the open world everyone was building memories which on some computers contributed to save bloat and corrupted saves. And memories had impact -- you had the bad memories like getting fired and such. I'd also like to see some sort of memory decay -- some memories will last longer than others. When you're a kid, getting that perfect report card or learning to ride a bike is a Big Deal, but when you get older that memory sort of fades, replaced by bigger memories.

I do like the idea of banks, though maybe not as detailed in the original post. I'd especially like the ability to split money between household members -- you'd have the base household account then every member would have their own portion. It would make part-time jobs for teens a lot more meaningful -- they could save money for their own place or the eventual University experience. Right now, you could have a teen who takes up programming in their spare time, make a few thousand Simoleons making apps or doing freelance work, but when they move out they lose that money and are stuck with the base §20K. Or you have a roommate, the roommate gets married and you get kicked out with all the money you earned lost (and even the goodies you earned in career rewards get left behind so you have to buy them all oover again). Or the roommate moves out and you get all his/her money and stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    yes! banks! i'm glad i'm not the only person that wants that lol. also i've always wanted to hire a scheduled caterer for my rich sims but there's not option for that, only scheduled maids and gardeners.

also, while we're on the topic of food, more pizza options than just cheese, pepperoni and Canadian bacon. and more takeout options than just pizza.
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    edited September 2018
    I do like the idea of banks, though maybe not as detailed in the original post. I'd especially like the ability to split money between household members -- you'd have the base household account then every member would have their own portion. It would make part-time jobs for teens a lot more meaningful -- they could save money for their own place or the eventual University experience. Right now, you could have a teen who takes up programming in their spare time, make a few thousand Simoleons making apps or doing freelance work, but when they move out they lose that money and are stuck with the base §20K. Or you have a roommate, the roommate gets married and you get kicked out with all the money you earned lost (and even the goodies you earned in career rewards get left behind so you have to buy them all oover again). Or the roommate moves out and you get all his/her money and stuff.

I was trying to keep it simpler by having the banking system be based mainly on two things: household income and property value ... it doesn't bother calculating expenditures and try to account for circumstantial changes (Debt to income, credit etc.,). Furthermore, it's not looking beyond 7 days of reported income (which is usually the default of many in-game features, like seasonal changes.). Plus broadening functions that already exist in the game. Markup Rates and Financial Statements came with Get to Work EP.

Anyways ..

I love your idea of individual wallets for sims. That would bring with it entirely new interactions, like giving children allowances. Very Nice.
    Post edited by V_Ice on
  • Hunter_IriaHunter_Iria Posts: 30 Member
    The idea of individual wallets would be a cool idea in my opinion.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,668 Member
    edited September 2018
    Natural hair/eyes color and hair dyed color/cosmetic contact lenses Both choose in CAS, but natural hair/ eyes color can't change when already created a sim only if use cheat. Only natural hair/eyes color are hereditary.
    BTW I think TS4 hair color are too less.

Carry a torch I never play TS2, but I heard TS2 has this, refer to TS2.
    And if a teen has became friend with a YA, the teen can carry a torch for the YA(called "crush" in game, likes "woohoo" and "mess around"). The teen can chooses "Crush on…" in romantic interaction. The teen can "Expression of crush", "Give romantic gift", "Gaze", etc. , but YAs can't has romantic relationship with teens. If they knows a teen is carry a torch for them, they will has happy(romantic trait more possible, unflirty can't) or playful or tense(unflirty or noncommittal or has stable relationship must) or embarrassed(has stable relationship must) mood. The YA can "Talk about crush", "Ridicule crush", Indicate stable relationship(if has stable relationship)" to the teen. If ridicule crush, the teen will has sad or angry mood, if indicate stable relationship, the teen will sad(the mood will stronger if has jealous trait).
    If the teen finally has stable relationship with the YA, the teen will has stronger positive mood(expect noncommittal). If theirs relationship is deterioration, the teen will sad or angry.

Careers connection Such as detectives and criminals and secret agents. Criminals won't tells theirs real career to detectives or secret agents if they knows the law enforcement officials career.
    Doctors and scientists/arts critics and entertainers or painters/food critics and culinaries has special interactions, detectives/agents and criminals can fights each other, two criminals has romantic relationship can has special interactions, etc.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I just want my sims to stop sitting down and standing up constantly. I want them to stop picking the toddlers up out of their highchairs constantly as well.
    p6tqefj
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    -Attraction system
    -Stronger personalities: Impactful traits, more trait slots, likes&dislikes, zodiac signs.
    -One-sided relationships
    -Memories
    -Fame
    -More dark humour & fail-states
    -Burglars & Police
    -Enemies
    -Stronger & more appropriate reactions to things like cheating (as well as by the children), death, divorce, financial loss etc
  • KatieGKatieG Posts: 54 Member
    I REALLY want babies to be more in depth! I want them to be carried around, learn to crawl and sit up, etc. I hate that they just lay in their little bassinets 24/7. Babies are super high maintenance! (I type with one hand, holding my 6 month old in the other and occasionally batting his chubby little hand away from the keyboard.) I want to be able to change their clothes, have cribs, stuff like that.

But to be entirely honest, I'd even settle for TS3 style babies.
  • VariandranaVariandrana Posts: 24 Member
    I would like to see more career options like seamstress of fashion designer, modeling and such. I think it would also be cool to have a system like they did in the original sims superstae where sims could recognize you based on your progression into your field i.e. someone freaking out when they run into their favorite author.

Also, for sims not to automatically be someone's mutual romantic interest when autonomous flirting occurs.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    The Sim “timing” would be an improvement. I despise how time in sims is such an over exaggeration; for example it takes no one an hour to climb a pair a stairs or make a grill cheese sandwich, or to go to the bathroom every time...everything in sims takes more time than it realistically should, sometimes it wastes a few hours to a whole a day completing a simple task like cooking or getting the mail. If time could be fix that would be a major improvement.
  • Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    edited September 2018
    Working alarm clocks. Setting bed times for your kids.
    Also I miss favorites I know you can order the sims favorite drink but I would love if they added that back to cas.
    Post edited by Klassickicks22 on
  • Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    Aside from more life states (witches, genies, and mermaids being some of my favorites), I'd really like it if they'd add in career-based aspirations, or more gameplay-oriented ones. In TS3 they had LTWs like "Celebrated Five-Star Chef," and "Gold Digger," which was always a fun way to get lifetime happiness points.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    More traits and trait slots. L and U shaped stairs. New careers.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I think the gardening system needs to be tweaked again. There are good things like super sell and the fact that your sims can batch weed/water, but plants in my game don't need watering as often as they used to and don't seem to grow as fast either. It's not so much an issue at the home lots, but for community lots and active career lots, it's hindering my sims resources.

I would like to see a Uni EP and Vacation EP in the future like most other people.

With Uni, I'd like to see the private school for kids and teens to be a thing again. You know, invite over the headmaster and impress them, feed them, and kiss their little sim 🐸🐸🐸🐸 until they accept your pathetic children. Or you could just buy your kid's way into a prestigious private academy by bribing the head master, I guess. As for the Uni aspect of Uni, I would just like to see a similar system to The Sims 2: University EP. With classes, I'd prefer them to be similar to the social media/politics careers where you have the ability to go to work or work from home. I want a good balance between class time and free time. In TS3, there never seemed to be enough free time for my sims to do anything outside of going to classes. Sims also should be able to take Uni classes online at home instead of going to Uni for those players who don't want to send their sims off to college, but want the same benefits that an educated sim would get from going to Uni. These benefits should be starting at a higher level in a career and higher pay. If your sim was a member of a fraternity or sorority, the starting level should be even higher. Sometimes it's not what you know, it's who you know. There should also be a new career added. Perhaps a teaching career?

With a Vacation like EP, I would want sims to be able to travel to or live in various destinations. These places could be anywhere, but I'd like to see a cold climate and tropical climate as options. I know we have Jungle Adventure and Outdoor retreat to kind of fill in some of the gaps, but this EP would bring back everything that made vacations in The Sims great. Skiing, snowboarding, surfing, scuba diving all need to be in this pack. Your ability to own and operate hotels like in TS3 would be great. Careers/hobbies like life guard and ice sculpting would be good to have. Maybe your sim could be a skiing jumping champion? Oceanography should come back as well.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,635 Member
    I'd like to see the two track careers opened up so that the same sim could complete both.