Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scientist retirement question

KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
If I am a level 10 scientist, but if I quit (to pursue other careers to complete other aspirations), will I still have full usage of the simray, cloning machine, invention constructor, and wormhole generator?

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    If you have them in your sim's inventory or home then yes.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Yes. What @AlbaWaterhouse said. You wont be able to travel to the laboratory lot any more, but if you’ve invented them at home or bought them to your home lot you’ll be fine.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Thank you!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    All those inventions should still work, yes. But, if you have the chemical analyzer, which I believe is a career reward, when they quit or retire it's no longer functional. At least that was my experience the last time I played the Scientist career. It's been awhile so they may have fixed that issue though.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    scientists actually get a hidden trait called 'has been scientist' when they leave the career. this lets them keep all the breakthroughs they've learned, and is supposed to allow them to keep using all the science career objects though some don't seem to cooperate as nicely. also, former scientists seem to get the same higher amount of failures on cloning as non-scientists. to the point where my main household, the wife goes back to her top end science career after mastering any new job put in the game just because the household does so much cloning and i get tired of so many 'rudimentary matter blocks' all the time