Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5, 2022 Only Speculation

Okay get ready ready to clutch at some straws with me because that’s what I’m going to do.

I think most of us follow the sims community? Well there was an article about hiring new staff for a different Sims project (“an exciting new game in the best selling sims franchise”)

That really awoken the fans looking forward to sims 5.

So I’m predicting 2022 for sims 5. Why? Because not only does it take that long to write a game with a full team, but the PS5 and the next Xbox is rumoured to come out in 2020 at the earliest. Now that the sims is on console it would make sense to write the game for the newest console out.
Also the TS4 gurus mentioned they are planning for the next 3 years- the packs coming out are starting to show a pattern.

Total Packs 2015: 8
Total Packs 2016: 7
Total Packs 2017: 6
Total Packs 2018: 4 (it’s sitting at 4 atm but with Christmas slowly approaching and all the rumours about, I think we’re due for one late Oct-early Dec meaning it will probably be 5)

Following the pattern it would be

2019: 4 Packs
2020: 3 Packs
2021: 2 Packs
2022: 1 Pack

That’s 4 years but I think it would end in 2021 with 3 packs instead of the 2- making it 3 years. (This is absolutely just speculation based on the pattern of the past 3/4 years)

The Sims 4 came out a year after Sims 3 finished up. If TS4 finished in 2021 it would make sense for TS5 to wait until 2022 for its opening. Giving the sims team enough time to finish the game along with enough time for people to forget about how much money they put into TS4.

I’m content with TS4 atm, I put this up just for discussion and entertainment while we wait for some TS4 news. :)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2018
    I do need enough time to forget how much money I have invested into TS4... :s

I like something new, but I hate the feeling to know that I'm playing with a nearly obsolete game. I would rather TS not to turning into FIFA, PES, FF (although FF is one of my most favourite franchises), etc. I've been playing TS since TS1, so I will always continue to support this game..just that, I believe that any game will evolve simultaneously along with technology & human needs/wants.

So, I'm expecting the next TS should be in VR (I do aware there lots of speculation, rumours & backlashes about it), perhaps in 5 more years?. However, as interesting as it may sound, not everyone will probably enjoy and have the access to the system & TS is not a first person game either. But, it doesn't mean that it is not impossible (because in TS, everything is possible, right?). It takes almost 2 decades for a smart phone to be widely used (although, there's still a small group of people opted to use a normal phone). TS needs to stay up in the game to position their franchise to be relevant not only for 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years in the future as the industry grows.

Nevertheless, I don't know what will happen in the future, so, I would rather keep enjoying playing TS4 as it is... and hoping to have good patches, bugs fix, interesting packs & great Sims Community to talk & engage about this game.

Just my 2 cents... :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    zamira82 wrote: »

So, I'm expecting the next TS should be in VR (I do aware there lots of speculation, rumours & backlashes about it),
    Oh I hope not. I can’t use VR without feeling sick. And, would that mean we only got to control one sim and from a first person pov? Would not like that at all. Plus, I like playing on my computer. Don’t think I’d be prepared to invest in VR just for sims.

@KatieSim I think what you say sounds plausible. Let’s hope they do a good job!
  • Options
    AlliBuggAlliBugg Posts: 3 New Member
    I really can't wait for sims 5 cause evry time they make a new one it gets better and bettera!
  • Options

So, I'm expecting the next TS should be in VR (I do aware there lots of speculation, rumours & backlashes about it),
    Oh I hope not. I can’t use VR without feeling sick. And, would that mean we only got to control one sim and from a first person pov? Would not like that at all. Plus, I like playing on my computer. Don’t think I’d be prepared to invest in VR just for sims.

@KatieSim I think what you say sounds plausible. Let’s hope they do a good job!

Yep, I play VR games from time to time.. And I don't like the feeling either. But, if TS5 is something that they would like to stay relevant, not only on certain platform, but multiple platforms, it could be one of the areas that they would like to consider, develop, & collaborate. I like how the TS as what it is, so far, but, making use of the VR, which has been widely researched and used in some games (which is mostly the first person game) & other industry for simulation, it would up-levelled the Sims simulation game.. However, the drawback is, they could possibly shrink their market segment, which I doubt, neither developers nor industry would like to have in for a long run. I might be expecting too much. As I said, it will not be possible now, but perhaps in 5 years or more. We never thought that we could possibly play a game in our mobile phone, let alone having a phone to be carried everywhere, in a pocket... so, it is not possible that VR could be one of the future directions for TS too :) It may be based on the first person view for now, but, we'll never know how it will evolve in the future.. (it just reminds me of one of the Futurama's episodes when they entered the internet, together)

I feel that if the next TS is just a compilation (from TS1-TS4) or just a reform from the existing games, in terms of art style, game play, etc., it will be a waste of an investment, because it's going to be a repetitive process. The developers or the engineers need to give a lot of thought in developing the next TS, because if it is something that we can expect, then it can't last longer than it should be... I would give them more time than just 3 years... But I do respect your view though, because, I won't invest in anything if it is just meant for one specific reason, but, if it is going to be a necessity in the future? Why not?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018

I like something new, but I hate the feeling to know that I'm playing with a nearly obsolete game. I would rather TS not to turning into FIFA, PES, FF (although FF is one of my most favourite franchises), etc. I've been playing TS since TS1, so I will always continue to support this game..just that, I believe that any game will evolve simultaneously along with technology & human needs/wants.

So, I'm expecting the next TS should be in VR (I do aware there lots of speculation, rumours & backlashes about it), perhaps in 5 more years?. However, as interesting as it may sound, not everyone will probably enjoy and have the access to the system & TS is not a first person game either. But, it doesn't mean that it is not impossible (because in TS, everything is possible, right?). It takes almost 2 decades for a smart phone to be widely used (although, there's still a small group of people opted to use a normal phone). TS needs to stay up in the game to position their franchise to be relevant not only for 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years in the future as the industry grows.

Nevertheless, I don't know what will happen in the future, so, I would rather keep enjoying playing TS4 as it is... and hoping to have good patches, bugs fix, interesting packs & great Sims Community to talk & engage about this game.

Hell to the no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So, I'm expecting the next TS should be in VR

Hell to the no.

I too hope they dont do that. If they implement a vr mode it should be optional like the vr mode in tekken 7.
    I only own the vr Headset for ps4 but i have massive problems with headaches and motion sickness if i use it more than 15 minutes at a time. So for me (who is playing Sims games for days without break) it would be total Chaos.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I feel like I live under a rock because VR seems to come up pretty often, but I never played anything in VR and don't even know anyone who owns a VR set :# I feel VR is just in the starting phase and focusing a whole Sims game on it seems like such wasted resources to me. It should really just be optional and even then I think it's weird to have it for the next main Sims game. I can imagine a spin-off like Bustin' Out to work with it though.
  • Options

Hell to the no.

I respect your opinion.. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018

Hell to the no.

I'm sorry, it's just....no. I don't think that would benefit anyone, VR only games aren't even big at all, the game really doesn't need that to be relevant. Not to mention VR doesn't make any sense in TS. You aren't playing one single character, you are suppose to be god and not a sim itself. Most people prefer not to play with it in games that have it as an option, and the fact that you'd have to buy a 200€ or more extra product to play the game would be insane, who would buy the game then? Again, it wouldn't benefit anyone.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I feel like I live under a rock because VR seems to come up pretty often, but I never played anything in VR and don't even know anyone who owns a VR set :# I feel VR is just in the starting phase and focusing a whole Sims game on it seems like such wasted resources to me. It should really just be optional and even then I think it's weird to have it for the next main Sims game. I can imagine a spin-off like Bustin' Out to work with it though.

I would like to think that the next TS will be something new & fresh, which is VR could be one of the options (although, it is not plausible as of now), which with high probability it is not going to happen anytime soon. If we're looking back to the series, TS2 was the introduction of the 3D style, TS3 was the open world & TS4 was the character creator manipulation... so, I'm expecting something new & different for TS5.

I like the idea when you said that, it is just the starting phase, because I would like to think it that way too.. it is very risky for this franchise to totally change their direction into something that drastic that could affect their market penetration. I would rather think the next project to be a spin off instead of TS5. There's too many things that they can & have to do in TS4 as of now...
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Hell to the no.

I'm sorry, it's just....no. I don't think that would benefit anyone, not to mention VR only games aren't big at all, the game really doesn't need that to be relevant. Not to mention VR doesn't make any sense in TS. Most people prefer not to play with it in games that have it as an option, and the fact that you'd have to buy a 200€ or more extra product to play the game would be insane, who would buy the game then? Again, it wouldn't benefit anyone.

Totally agree! Having to add another device just to play the game is so ridiculous & inconvenient.. Couldn't agree more.. The games that are available to play with VR is so limited as of now, and not to mention, imagine if we have to play for hours and live in a virtual world.. I want to live in a real world too.. :D Yes, so far, most of the VR is meant for the first person game, which is totally not suitable for TS. But, we'll never know the next VR innovation either.

What I meant here by relevant is to be at par or at least competitive with other games, especially in a similar genre. EA is so big, and their influence is massive. Since the speculation of the next TS is everywhere for the last job posting, it does leave a little bit of a bitter taste for me, because I want TS4 to achieve its ultimate level (it may sound absurd) before we're going to have a new TS. I have enjoyed playing TS since TS1 & I'm impressed with the development, packs, & the direction that this franchise has become. I know that they said there will be another 3 years. Will it be enough? I don't know, no one knows.. but, yeah, I do respect & understand your opinion... :)

ETA: Sorry that I quoted the text before you edited the text. Cheers!
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    Idk I feel like VR isn’t mainstream enough. Who knows what will happen in the next 4 years though :)
    I also hope they don’t switch to VR... actually maybe that’s a good thing, then I’ll probably stop throwing cash at EA haha
  • Options
    KatieSim wrote: »
    Idk I feel like VR isn’t mainstream enough. Who knows what will happen in the next 4 years though :)
    I also hope they don’t switch to VR... actually maybe that’s a good thing, then I’ll probably stop throwing cash at EA haha

Lol! Yeah, I still need time to move on in order to forget the amount I invested for the TS4..
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    @zamira82 yes haha its an expensive hobby if you look back on how much you’ve spent just on the sims games but I suppose it could be worse :p whatever they do I hope they don’t move to in game transactions
  • Options
    @zamira82 yes haha its an expensive hobby if you look back on how much you’ve spent just on the sims games but I suppose it could be worse :p whatever they do I hope they don’t move to in game transactions

Noooo... :s The in game transaction will "end" them all... lol

I'll get all my Sims to run amok! :D
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I don't know anyone with VR yet, maybe in 8-10 years time but not yet.

It would be an interesting experience seeing The Sims through VR but not as a main feature. It has to be a PC and if not, I am not buying.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I wonder how much some players spent since TS1.

I stopped spending when TS3 ended though and will only buy Store content. I refuse to buy anything 'new' from The Sims unless it is up to my standards.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I wonder how much some players spent since TS1.

I stopped spending when TS3 ended though and will only buy Store content. I refuse to buy anything 'new' from The Sims unless it is up to my standards.

I can't even remember how much I pay for TS1 & TS2, but I have all the expansions (which I have to beg my parents to buy it for me), and we had a new PC for TS2.. then come TS3...but, I bought a few packs only. And now, I have invested almost $350++ with currency exchange (and I don't even own all the packs yet.. and most of the pack bought at normal prices). I'm planning to get a new PC since I'm playing on Mac. Worse is, I'm intrigued to get TS4 installed in my PS4 too.. I play the Sims Mobile, but I'm not tempted to pay for any additional perks, which is cool.. I know there many more players out there have spent more than me...
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If it is The Sims 5 I really hope it’s the game to make all simmers dreams come true.
  • Options
    SkojzSkojz Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like TS5 to be like, a merge of TS4's social and emotional smoothness, its cartoony art too and all the freedom and replayability that TS3 had. Its like, TS3+TS4= TS5. They really dont have to figure out new mechanics or anything, just put both games together. I guess this could make people happy, not only that but having a starting point like that as well would leave time for expanding the vanilla game, instead of just giving out buncha dlc's (They could expand the vanilla but still give out the same amount of dlc's, is business after all, but that still means a bigger and larger game than anything else as well).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2018
    Even if TS 5 is coming, I wish they wouldn’t slow down on the pack productions of TS 4.

I don’t care to have VR in the Sims 5.

But I do want a color wheel for furniture and clothes in TS 5. I also don’t like the planned outfits in TS 4. I believe you should have to buy each piece of an outfit. And each piece you buy ( tops, pants, full body outfits, shoes, hats, gloves, glasses, costumes ) should go into the dresser or closet or vanity (makeup and perfumes), or jewelry box (jewelry). It was much more fun when you could go to a store and buy outfits (from a rack) to be added to your dresser, when you could buy jewelry from a counter etc. and when each piece costed your sims money. And we should be able to mix and match each piece we own for each outfit change. Imagine the type of shopping district you could have. You could have a sunglass store, opotometry store, a hat botique, a shoes store, a jewelry store, a tattoo gallery etc. the old series where you could buy clothes off a rack and jewelry from a counter was just so much fun, and it made going to a store more interesting.

Also, please bring back children being able to play games like hide and seek and cops and robbers back, children don’t always need a toy (or phone) to have fun.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's not going to be a VR game. Although it might get a VR edition after, similar to that of Skyrim or something. But it won't come out like that. VR is super niche and isn't widespread enough to be viable for a main series title. Maybe a spin off or something. One of those themed 'VR experiences'.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    I can't see TS5 being a VR game, even if it does come out in four to five years. I know quite a few people with VR headsets (all PSVR), and I don't think any of them would be interested in the sims on VR. EA is smart enough to know that most people want TS5 to come out on PC first. The Sims has always been a PC game, and I doubt they would stray away from that. They saw the backlash when everyone thought they were going to switch to an only mobile platform.

But, I could see them taking advantage of VR at some point in the future. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they brought back something like The Sims 2 Castaway for VR. Having a main title Sims game on VR wouldn't work because the game isn't first person, but something like Castaway would be doable and interesting if done well.
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Hell to the no.

I'm sorry, it's just....no. I don't think that would benefit anyone, VR only games aren't even big at all, the game really doesn't need that to be relevant. Not to mention VR doesn't make any sense in TS. You aren't playing one single character, you are suppose to be god and not a sim itself. Most people prefer not to play with it in games that have it as an option, and the fact that you'd have to buy a 200€ or more extra product to play the game would be insane, who would buy the game then? Again, it wouldn't benefit anyone.

Even so, it wouldn't have to be a VR only game. Many VR games have 'support' for it but are still playable without it. It wouldn't have to be in first person, either; there are 3rd person VR games so you wouldn't have to be the sim. Though it could still be an option. So there's always a way to get around any issues if EA actually wanted to go that route.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I can't see TS5 being a VR game, even if it does come out in four to five years. I know quite a few people with VR headsets (all PSVR), and I don't think any of them would be interested in the sims on VR. EA is smart enough to know that most people want TS5 to come out on PC first. The Sims has always been a PC game, and I doubt they would stray away from that. They saw the backlash when everyone thought they were going to switch to an only mobile platform.

But, I could see them taking advantage of VR at some point in the future. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they brought back something like The Sims 2 Castaway for VR. Having a main title Sims game on VR wouldn't work because the game isn't first person, but something like Castaway would be doable and interesting if done well.

I just want to point out that PC VR exists. :)