Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My plumbot gets abducted by aliens every night...

Anyone else? Just me?

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member

hehehe, my Simself had just made a plumbot and no sooner the plumbot came out of the machine, it gets abducted... :s
    wMgMs6Xl.jpg
    X27T6tSl.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The subject line of this thread sounds like a sad country music song... :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    The subject line of this thread sounds like a sad country music song... :/

They say in Riverview, there's lights up in the sky,
    When the sun goes down, that's when UFO's come by,
    I never used to believe the tales they used to tell,
    But the lights that came around one night; it was an easy sell.

Now I decided to build myself a mechanical friend.
    Lots of stuff to do and no-one on which to depend.
    And when I finished building that plumbot out on my lawn,
    Those dam aliens came round and my plumbot was gone...

Chorus: My plumbot gets abducted by aliens every night
    Those darned aliens givin' everyone a fright.
    My plumbot took a ride out to Saturn's Dione.
    My plumbot gets abducted by aliens every night
    Those darned aliens with their shiny ships and lights
    And she never showed back up until the sun came up at dawn.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    I remember going a whole year without any alien abductions then one day it was like the dam broke loose and I started getting them every....other....night 3 to 4 times a week got so bad that I finally had to use a mod to stop them.

Oh plus @igazor is an alien :p
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    You 21st century earthlings are so cute with your little three dimensional worlds and lack of understanding of how parallel and intersecting universes work. Eventually you will get your act together and realize places like Alpha Centauri should be a local phone call away and reachable by public transit for the same fare as a typical trip downtown during rush hour. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    You 21st century earthlings are so cute with your little three dimensional worlds and lack of understanding of how parallel and intersecting universes work. Eventually you will get your act together and realize places like Alpha Centauri should be a local phone call away and reachable by public transit for the same fare as a typical trip downtown during rush hour. >:)

Wish we still had the LOL button :)
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    I was sharing screenshots of my sims in Tumblr, and noted that one of the guys kept getting abducting and impregnated by Aliens. Then someone pointed out to me (via PM) that the large, black rocks (that were seen in one of the screenshots) were attracting Aliens. I was constantly collecting things with him, including the meteorites. I thought they were pretty, and just planted them all over the house, which was attracted the Aliens---err Alien that REALLY liked him.

I didn't read too much into the Sims 3 version of the Aliens when Seasons came out. I wish I did before my guy gave birth to 4 green babies.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    My sims (husband and wife) were at Uni and it was the weekend before 2nd session, so I sent wifey out to do some collecting while hubby built up his Jock influence. She collected 3 large meteorites and a double handful of small ones. She didn't get around to analyzing and selling them before getting too worn out from all the running around. She fell asleep with them still in her possession. But hubby got abducted.... Those aliens do like they boys.
    edited October 2018

But unfortunately when you leave to head for Alpha Centauri at 50% the speed of light, you kiss your wife bye "I'll see you later"...and afterwards you come home 31.21 years later to find your wife has become a senior and you have grandkids. :D Welcome to Time-Dilation. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited October 2018
    But unfortunately when you leave to head for Alpha Centauri at 50% the speed of light, you kiss your wife bye "I'll see you later"...and afterwards you come home 31.21 years later to find your wife has become a senior and you have grandkids. :D Welcome to Time-Dilation. :D
    I have a wife? I do wish someone would tell me these things. :|

Anyway, time displacement errors were only a problem at first. That got fixed up when the babelfish we of course must stick in our ears before traveling to enable better communication with the locals got enhanced with special enzymes by the company that sells them. Emit Relevart could probably explain this better than I can, if you can get him to stand still long enough to do so. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I have a wife? I do wish someone would tell me these things. :|

Or your "significant other"...whichever gender... :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Anyway, time displacement errors were only a problem at first. That got fixed up when the babelfish we of course must stick in our ears before traveling to enable better communication with the locals got enhanced with special enzymes by the company that sells them. Emit Relevart could probably explain this better than I can, if you can get him to stand still long enough to do so. :)

This is why I don't fly (rockets). It was bad enough I was expected to put that slimy fish in my ear, now, with those special enzymes, I am guaranteed to get an ear infection every time. And just try explaining to a Vogon doctor I need antibiotics, not a hyperspatial express route, and absolutely no poetry.
    Indeed. There is a tagline I made up while trying to navigate a too-crowded airport full of grumpy travelers whose flights had been canceled (as mine was) many, many years ago. It should apply to customers of travel agencies even back when it was more common to use them, those who live in fear of unsanitary toll booths on the highways, and overly prone to infection would-be infinite improbability drive managed space travelers.

"Some people should just stay home." :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I read this thread around when @igazor came by and commented the title sounded like a country music song. Since then, when I've seen the title I've always chuckled, but I never read it again until today. I see I was missing out on some good laughs. :D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread