Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any problems you have with expansion packs ? What could been better

This is any problem you have with any expansion. What could been done better thread.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh boyyyyy. The answer is....yes.

Get to Work:

Careers, have too many goals. Sims should be "free" to do whatever interaction they want, but each interaction would either lower or improve work performance. I really don't think the event system was a good option for them, at all.

Regarding retail, it shouldn't have been merged with active careers and it shouldn't have been separated from Dine Out period, craftable items for sale shouldn't have the restock option unless you have a similar object in your inventory and I also wish the retail interactions had more distinctive animations when trying to sell something to the costumers.

Also, I'm still waiting on those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shopping bags EA and I was strongly hoping for escalator stairs, was I setting myself up for disappointment ahaha. The AI...well the AI is a mess in retail lots and I wish sims could buy clothes from clothing racks, but then, I wish sims wouldn't have access to everything from the wardrobe. Finally I don't know if it's common to have tablets in local stores and such in America, it's not in my country and I would have liked for sims to do a line behind the cash register, at least as a default and tablet checkouts as a perk.

Get Together:

There couldn't be a more pathetic attempt at Nightlife, although to it's credit some of those elements were already in the base game, which honestly they could have prioritized on something else and added bars and such to this EP.

The Clubs are a great feature, but perhaps something I would put in a Freetime or sports pack, not in the Nightlife pack. Get Together didn't have a lot of content to me, at least I hoped there was more to it and the theme was kind of all over the place. I wish they had fleshed out the influence system more too, or, I wish they had made it into an actual system like in TS2 and TS3, with social points and everything.

City Living:

This one has to be the worst EP in the entire game series in my point of view.

I hate everything about it. The "ethnic" sims that spawn to no end, the stuck up city whose buildings are stuck, with lot traits that are stuck, with festivals that are stuck, there's barely any sandbox play in this EP, almost nothing ports over to other worlds. The festivals also use a lot of the base game assets. There's nothing really new to see in festivals for me, it's all just recipes, fireworks and random boring shenanigans. The city isn't even attractive to me as it's all too shiny and bright. It's just a bunch of set dressing for 40€, and I payed half the price because I waited for a sale., honestly I should have waited for it to become free.

And the lot traits themselves? Meh, it's mostly skill boosts, there's one or two handy ones but none of them add anything really new in terms of gameplay. Imo they shouldn't have made this feature free, and have packs to introduce new lot traits like they introduce new club activities, but what's done is done. This EP just doesn't have any content I would hold onto.

Cats and Dogs:

I'm honestly yet to see how cats and dogs in TS4 are all that superior compared to the past PETS expansion packs. CAP is great, yey color wheel we can't use on our sims, but gameplay wise, I'm not seeing it. I don't understand why they couldn't have waited and put at least birds and rodents into the EP.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2018
    Get to Work:
    - retail system is just inferior in almost every way to Sims 2's
    - the 3 active careers were an underwhelming main feature. Now, if every career became active, this would have been great
    - the promenade was too small
    - not making Sixam a regular neighborhood for aliens only, was a missed opportunity
    - locking the hospital/police world to just the active careers was a weird decision

Get Together:
    - there just isn't really anything in this pack in terms of gameplay. The clubs reuse everything that's already in the base game
    - a pack centered around parties, for a base game that centered around parties. ...did we really need this?

City Living:
    - it's basically just a world pack. The only new activities are karaoke, basketball, and festivals that reuse base game features.
    - many clothes and objects are stuff from other packs/base game with new textures. We had like, 5 new hairs and one of them was a base game ponytail with a head band. Nothing changed with the actual ponytail.
    - a politics career added on the same month as the US 2016 election was so cheesy
    - the apartments are the worst we ever had. Sims 2 had the best apartments

Cats & Dogs:
    - the pets themselves don't really add much to the gameplay
    - no small pets or horses
    - MY FIRST PET

Seasons:
    - shipped with way too many bugs

Seasons is the only EP that I consider a must-have for the game.
  • V_IceV_Ice Posts: 49 Member
    Get to Work:
    (1) It should have expanded the base game careers and added a few more careers instead of waiting for other expansions.
    - Enabling sims to get raises without actually being promoted to a new position.
    - Making it difficult to get promoted, thus resolving to earning raises through completion of certain tasks (Daily/weekly tasks).
    - It should be realistic in scheduling.
    (2) It would be better if overtime was introduced and in some cases mandatory, especially for positions up to level 7.
    - This could give your sim the option of accepting promotions understanding the demand or accepting a smaller raise instead.
    (3) The world is too chopped for you to do anything useful with interactive careers. Detective is particularly annoying.
    - Loading screens, right?
    (4) I was puzzled by the addition of retail and why Dining Out wasn't the one that carried it under a different title .. like .. "Retail".
    - People can offer many complaints about the Retail business but I'm actually enjoying it. It's the only thing that makes this expansion worth it.

Get Together
    (1) Useless.
    - Would have been better if it came with a University Expansion Pack or as a Game Pack after University is released.

City Living
    (1) I honestly don't understand this EP.
    - It doesn't have enough content for me to be impressed by it.
    - Need to fix the glitches. Sims come and go even when at work ...
    (2) Renting should have been an option since the base game given how expensive it is to buy a house.
    - Some lots should have an option to rent as well as purchase.
    - Rent should be separate from utilities .. seriously.
    - Renting and having utilities should be more expensive than owning to encourage you to buy your own place in the future.
    (2) The politician career should have been added to Get To Work because Politics exists even in suburbs.

Cats and Dogs
    - Honestly, why just cats and dogs?
    - No, seriously ..

Seasons
    - Amazing game .. some bugs.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get to Work
    - Retail is useless they gave us no reason for our Sims to go shopping in Sims 2 if you wanted clothing you had to go shopping to unlock them there nothing new or unique offered in the shopping experience not even cologne jewelry nothing
    - No cash registers or clothing racks I must be missing out on modern shopping experience purchasing clothing off the mannequin
    - Active careers are beyond boring and should of been made part of the world why cant my Sims go to the hospital

City Living
    - Feels nothing like a city
    - Festivals are boring base game content people avoided really did not offer anything new just reuse these items at a festival
    - Apartments should of been made useable in all worlds
    - Basketball net should of had the option to play a game together

Get Together
    - Should have offered more new group activities besides that a great pack

Cats and Dogs
    - Pets are boring not enough to do with them beyond watching them
    - Birds fish hamsters and so on should have been added
    - Dog House

Seasons
    - Snow depth
    - An American Santa suit hate the one they added.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    Get to Work

- Really restrictive and repetitive active careers. With such specific tasks that it even tells you to what specific colleague you have to talk to and about what specific topic :|
    - Adding police to the game but only for your sim to work as one was a really missed opportunity. Having a sim world where police doesn't exist and there are no crimes (no burglars) but where your sim can go to a special hidden lot and be a cop/detective is just really weird
    - Same goes for hospitals, having a hospital in a hidden lot where unless you work there you are only able to visit if your sim is in labour is a really weird choice
    - Sixam being accessible only with the portal is a shame
    - Aliens' abductions went from happening too often to then be twitched so much that I haven't had a single one in years (real years, not sim years)
    - Retail is very repetitive and lacks animations.

I have no love for this pack at all actually. It is the opposite of sandbox and felt really underwhelming. I like all the new collectables though.

Get Together

I love this pack and even though there are some flaws, it is by far my favourite. The club system rocked my world and Winderburg is stunning! It's a shame that at the beginning they tried to sell it as a party pack and many people still think of it as Sims 4's attempt at Nightlife when it is far from it.

City Living

- Apartments are extremely restrictive in every possible way
    - Festivals recycling base game features instead of bringing new things was a shame
    - No lift animation
    - Basketball is wonky and can't really be played. They only shoot the ball

Apartments should have been the star of the pack but they weren't...

There are some things I really love about this pack: CAS/BB and the amazing new recipes and food stalls are two things I couldn't go without in my game. But it is an EP and it should have been a lot more than that.

Cats and Dogs

- Beautiful yet extremely boring new world
    - The fact that you can't select your pet on the UI not even to see their traits, how many days they have left until ageing up, their skills, their family trees, nothing
    - too many strays and pets in non active households always looking dirty and sick
    - the vet career is a combination of the already flawed active careers + the already flawed retail system. No improvements were made
    - the missed opportunity of adding a normal vet career where your sim doesn't need to own a clinic
    - dogs "going to the toilet" on the porch
    - not being able to teach pets by reinforcing good behaviours but only by scolding them (I still wonder to this day why they didn't take advantage of the Parenthood system)
    - too many silly costumes
    - kids not being able to walk the dog
    - no dog houses
    - not enough items for the pets themselves

Not enough focus on the pets, actually

I am sure I forget many more. The CAS and Build mode were good and I like having pets overall since it feels more real and the game feels more whole but the pack could/should have been so different from what we got.

Seasons

- Too many bugs
    - The way they did the new clothing categories was to me a mistake. It doesn't work and I think there would have been better solutions. The fact that there is no rainwear is weird. I think it should have been a new rainwear category and then have us mark each outfit from each category as hot, neutral, or cold. That way we could have a winter PJs, a winter sports outfit, a summer party outfit, and so on. It would make so much more sense
    - The snow has no depth, the leaves look like painted on the floor, the rain doesn't really fall on anything or from anywhere, it just looks like a screen filter that gets our sims wet suddenly
    - There are not enough holiday activities to choose from nor icons to make holidays really feel different and personal
    - Nothing added to swimming pools, nothing at all. NADA
    - Water balloon/mud/snow fights animations are lacking
    - Things like walking the dog, jogging, going to festivals, etc are now way harder because of the weather
    - I wish sims could hold the umbrella while walking the dog, also toddlers have no protection against the rain at all. Again, we need a rainwear more than we need hot and cold outfits

Weather was necessary at this point and I love many aspects about this EP. Having flower arranging was a dream of mine for a long time and now we finally have it! There are really nice additions like the toddler's pool, bee keeping, Patchy, swings, all the new harvestables, the gardener career, but I feel like the focus was a bit all over the place. Trying to make the calendar and holidays the big new thing makes me feel like the seasons and their activities were a bit underdeveloped.

Overall, since the beginning, EPs have been underwhelming considering their price. There are great things in almost all of them but also many missed opportunities or focus on the (in my opinion) wrong things.
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Here are some emotions that I'm going through

Get to Work (Inspired)
    • building your own bakery
    • building your own retail

Get Together (Bored)
    • No hip hop radio station

City Living (Sad and Angry)
    • No hip hop radio station
    • No musical celebrities

Cats & Dogs (Enraged)
    • No dog houses
    • No hip hop radio stations

Seasons (Confident)
    • Summer Strut radio station
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Get to work feels repetitive and ”pets” was god-awful. Like sure the customization is cool but why would u ever give us foxes and raccoons over rodents, bunnies, lizards, hedgehogs or horses? Also I wish we had a pet store lot. The gameplay is also very shallow.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I wanted the small pets to be part of the Pets pack, just like in the older games.

Get to Work is boring/rigid and glitchy with the careers, though I appreciate the concepts of active careers. The retail is boring and not as good as Sims 2’s retail expansion. (No home businesses, either.)

Get Together has a great club system, but not much else. (The world had been giving me problems like my sims getting late to work, glitchy cafe, etc.)

City Living was okay, but I wasn’t excited by some festivals (which came by so suddenly and so fast).

Basically, with the expansions, they were okay, but I wanted some more content like we had in past Sims games.

I loved Seasons, though. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited September 2018
    - Get To Work.

I'm in the minority when I say the repetitive aspect of careers don't bother me that much (I especially like the Detective and Scientist careers. I mean, traveling to another planet is just flat out cool, even though I've already done it a few times.) likely because I tend to spice it up with user-created careers. However, I feel that retail could be less... Restricted. If that is the right word.

Maybe it could've been something environmental based, what kind of sims does your sim want to attract in their store? The Rich? Middle class and lower? Thirft/antique store with items your sim has made? A workshop that repairs broken items? Granted, you can kind of do this with the prices already, but in the end, sims are likely to flock to the lowest priced items first. Unless you work them up into a tiresome epiphany to buy something. On the employee side, perhaps a sim could raise through ranks depending on what they are better skilled to do, as in Charisma, Handiness, Creativity, Cooking, Logic, even Mischief to name a few (I'll never see the point of why a 'degree' is used as deco, that could be used in order to actually own a business and not as a reward, but I digress). This cuts out training altogether and may even become boring/repetitive, but it's a more straightforward approach. Maybe throw in a few thieves now and then as well. For the 'lolz' at least.

And the potential for my sim to get pneumonia, which would sound horrible in other cases, lol. Or a flu shot to protect them from sickness.

- Don't own Get Together and probably won't until Sims 4 has officially ended. If then. Nothing about it really screams interesting (though the completist in me says otherwise).

- City Living is that toy you're excited about getting next week, only for it to rather lose its charm in a few days. Okay, that was a little exaggerated. But it hardly felt like a bustling city. The supposed 'culture shock' of different sims didn't feel so different than what I saw in other neighborhoods. Yet, I still love most of it, especially when my sims have recently aged up and moved out to the 'big city'. I desliked that my pets couldn't really be 'Let Out' while inside, but that was a minor preference issue. My only wish is that there were a couple stores/performances to check out (imagine seeing the actual circus, lol), in oppose to waiting for the festivals to arrive which has become bland. I do like the karaoke machines. Watching your sims go from talent less hacks to pretty cool singers never gets old for me.

- Pets.

While not bad, imo, not particularly great either. As I've said in another thread, the pets feel more like aesthetics. Then again, Sims 4 is loosely based on this.

Anyway.

The only things I would've wanted added to this is vermin, like roaches and mice when a house was filthy (in 2) or 'infested' (in 3), dog houses, pets being less attention hogs, and children able to walk pets. Honestly, I can see why they may not have added larger animals or even wild animals. I don't know about the rest of you, but in my Sims 3 saves, while a nice touch, they were a definite resource hog and caused a fair amount of routing issues. I understand missing horses, though. I wouldn't mind just having them if it were possible.

- Seasons.

I generally like this and didn't get most of the bugs others did. Then again, I waited a bit before buying...

I do wish they had more rain centered attire, though, with the rain itself not really effecting sims, I don't think it matters too much. For me. I wanted to see sims react more to different weather changes, not simply talk about it and react to their first snow a hundred times. They always need to rush inside or risk dying or whatever. Just wish they had toned that down a bit and sims were able to really enjoy the environment without feeling miserable.

~

Overall, I found something to genuinely like about them, why would I buy it if I didn't? More immersion is always appreciated, it is what it is, but maybe not always worth the price. I notice a lot of people (not referring to the one's commenting in this thread, so breathe, but other sites and such) tend to buy a pack as soon as its released and then run to complain before anything is actually given the chance to be fixed. But that's just my two cents. Have a nice day. ~ ;)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I agree that the retail in GTW should have been combined with Dine Out. That way retail stores could operate without you having to be present, giving more time for creating items for sale. Maybe require one or two days a week to go keep tabs on the employees. And GTW could have focused more on the active careers and better developed aliens. Another issue with retail and restaurant ownership is that you spend all that time at the store but it doesn't count as being employed. They could have added a "Self-employed" option to GTW for Sims that don't have a regular job but make money with writing books or selling paintings or finding collectibles to sell, and that could have covered retail/restaurant management as well.

I still don't get how GT gets the reputation as a pack about parties -- I can count the number of parties I've thrown on one hand and I've had all sorts of different clubs. Currently I've got a club for Mean Sims to work out together so my Sim can get to the top of the Criminal career. I do have a group that goes out dancing every so often, but that doesn't make it a "party" pack. And Windenburg itself makes up for some of the game flaws.

Not being a builder I'm apathetic about the lack of buildable apartments in CL; I do find the town to be a bit clunky in places, and I've had the recurring bug with festival objects not totally despawning so when the next festival hits you get items spawning into each other (like food stalls spawning on top of selling tables at the Flea Market). And currently the festivals are getting ruined by inclement weather, like a thnderstorm during Geekcon or a blizzard at the Spice Festival. And I wish some of the lot traits were available for general use; I'd like to add a Needs TLC trait for some of my cheap houses in Oasis Springs (and get the mice and roaches).

I've barely scratched the surface of C&D (my mother-in-law passed away at the time it released so I really didn't have the time or the heart to play much) but my main bugaboo with the pack is that individual Sims in a household have to each train dogs in commands. If a dog learns Sit or Shake Hands from one Sim in a household, only that Sim can command them -- any other Sim has to go through the effort of training the dog. And after a time, the pet should be smart enough to be able to find their own food and use the litter box/go outside to do their business. I'll get the alert that "Fluffy is hungry" only to find they have a full food bowl sitting a few feet away, and I have the top of the line litter box that never needs cleaning (laser beams zap away the poop) and my cats still ask for a clean litter box.

As for Seasons, other than bugs like the stinky leaf piles in public areas and not being able to travel on holidays without my household returning from work/school early (though I can incorporate that in my storyline, like a minimum day at school and work shutting down for the holiday) I'm pretty content with it. I've already mentioned the issues with Seasons and the CL festivals, and I hope there'll be a solution. Don't really have much to quibble about though. Currently playing with 2 week seasons but finding they're almost too short for what I want so thinking of switching to 28 when Spring rolls around again since I play on Long lifespan; I want to send a Sim to Granite Falls to start work on Herbalism but best time to do it would be Summer and I just can't seem to find the time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Oh boyyyyy. The answer is....yes.

Get to Work:

Careers, have too many goals. Sims should be "free" to do whatever interaction they want, but each interaction would either lower or improve work performance. I really don't think the event system was a good option for them, at all.

Regarding retail, it shouldn't have been merged with active careers and it shouldn't have been separated from Dine Out period, craftable items for sale shouldn't have the restock option unless you have a similar object in your inventory and I also wish the retail interactions had more distinctive animations when trying to sell something to the costumers.

Also, I'm still waiting on those plum shopping bags EA and I was strongly hoping for escalator stairs, was I setting myself up for disappointment ahaha. The AI...well the AI is a mess in retail lots and I wish sims could buy clothes from clothing racks, but then, I wish sims wouldn't have access to everything from the wardrobe. Finally I don't know if it's common to have tablets in local stores and such in America, it's not in my country and I would have liked for sims to do a line behind the cash register, at least as a default and tablet checkouts as a perk.

Get Together:

There couldn't be a more pathetic attempt at Nightlife, although to it's credit some of those elements were already in the base game, which honestly they could have prioritized on something else and added bars and such to this EP.

The Clubs are a great feature, but perhaps something I would put in a Freetime or sports pack, not in the Nightlife pack. Get Together didn't have a lot of content to me, at least I hoped there was more to it and the theme was kind of all over the place. I wish they had fleshed out the influence system more too, or, I wish they had made it into an actual system like in TS2 and TS3, with social points and everything.

City Living:

This one has to be the worst EP in the entire game series in my point of view.

I hate everything about it. The "ethnic" sims that spawn to no end, the stuck up city whose buildings are stuck, with lot traits that are stuck, with festivals that are stuck, there's barely any sandbox play in this EP, almost nothing ports over to other worlds. The festivals also use a lot of the base game assets. There's nothing really new to see in festivals for me, it's all just recipes, fireworks and random boring shenanigans. The city isn't even attractive to me as it's all too shiny and bright. It's just a bunch of set dressing for 40€, and I payed half the price because I waited for a sale., honestly I should have waited for it to become free.

And the lot traits themselves? Meh, it's mostly skill boosts, there's one or two handy ones but none of them add anything really new in terms of gameplay. Imo they shouldn't have made this feature free, and have packs to introduce new lot traits like they introduce new club activities, but what's done is done. This EP just doesn't have any content I would hold onto.

Cats and Dogs:

I'm honestly yet to see how cats and dogs in TS4 are all that superior compared to the past PETS expansion packs. CAP is great, yey color wheel we can't use on our sims, but gameplay wise, I'm not seeing it. I don't understand why they couldn't have waited and put at least birds and rodents into the EP.

This sums it up perfectly for me. I will add with seasons I think there is lots of little things that bring the EP down. The most basic feature in the world being you cannot look up the weather for other worlds prior to travel. It makes no sense and its just annoying. Even the weather channel feature in the game is useless.

When it rains or storms it does it. All. Day. Long. My sims constantly want to go out and play in the rain regardless of their traits. Would a snob sim want to run around in the rain? I'm not convinced. Cats and dogs don't care for the weather elements. Also not a huge fan of the calender and the fact that holidays are more checklists for your sims to complete and the same animations are re used constantly. Sing about Winterfest, sing about new year, etc Share holiday spirit. I know the answer is to do a holiday without the traditions but it just seems a bit pointless otherwise. I just don't like the idea of telling my sims how to behave on a holiday which is essentially what the checklists I mean traditions do. Once you have seen one " Talk about random holiday of the week" you have seen them all. The festivals can be ruined by the weather if its raining and your sims still get invites to parties at the bluff when its raining. Makes no sense.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Me playing sims 3,and witg pets. I wish they simply made them contrable in 3. They were still lively in 3. My cat was very autonomous.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Get to Work: Alien Abduction Frequency settings would be a good addition. The only one of the careers that came with the EP can be advanced in without going with your sim, the other two have mandatory attendance points...that could be fixed. The invention constructor and some other science equipment can't be used unless your sim is actually in the Science career...that restriction should be removed.

Get Together: Those darn social phone calls to go run out to a party somewhere. They're too frequent and often come in the middle of the night. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! Also, we could use more club icons. Just saying.

City Living: The noisy neighbors are too noisy too often, and the clock's superspeed mode is disabled when their's a festival in your neighborhood. Both should be fixed. Also, just give us the ability to make our own apartment buildings and place them in any world we want.

Well, that's my two coins that cost more per unit to make than what they're worth as actual money...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Maikimaik0220Maikimaik0220 Posts: 4 New Member
    To be honest, all of them are lacking one thing:

CONTENT.

I fell like no EP adds anything to the game except for a new world. Playing without EPs feels only slightly different than playing with all the EPs.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Get to Work

The Retail part of this is just downright horrible and needs to be revisited. I like the active careers even though they can be repetitive. The hospital should not be a hidden lot WHY?? So when my sim gets sick, he or she orders medicine from the computer?? Who does that? No wonder they just keep getting sick over and over. Actually, I don't like that any of the lots are hidden from this pack. Even if they kept them hidden, we should have been able to go to these lots on sims that are not in the active careers for sickness, reporting crimes or science tours, etc.

Get Together

I like the whole club system but the 3am date calls. Sure my sim wants to go on a date at 3am. They needed more activities. It just feels like it is missing something.

City Living

Sigh, cannot build apartments outside of the world. Festivals are a mess and never get cleaned up properly. Can't change anything outside of the actual apartment. I can go on about apartments but they just stripped the ability to be creative when dealing with apartments. Some sims shouldn't care about noisy neighbors based on traits. The ethnic sims are just out of control. Not everyone living in the city are ethnic....lol It is borderline stereotyping.

Cats and Dog

Look I can go on for days with this pack because it was just highway robbery in my opinion. Only Cats and Dogs??? I don't want to control the pet but I sure would have liked to see learned behavior and needs....sheesh The strays....I have a mod that doesn't allow them because it is just a nightmare. Now I have to worry it will not work after the Python update. I can't speak to the vet career because I don't want any of my sims to OWN the clinic. Why couldn't they just work at the clinic like the doctor works at a hospital. This turned me off the career. Only one sim family of mine has pets because they are too needy and I don't even know what they want because I can't see the needs...ugh they are the worse. My sims cat ran away and I didn't even know why LOL. YEAH AND MY FIRST PET STUFF!!!!

Seasons

I am pretty happy with overall. My main issue is the umbrellas and changing out of outerwear. Sims open and close that umbrella like a million times sometimes or they are walking around the house with it open. Sims should change out of cold weather clothing in the house.

I have to say the expansion feel so lackluster. Seasons is the only one I am semi satisfied with
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I'm worry about the python update as well
    Hopefully the person update the playable pet mod
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2018
    Get to Work

What can I say? They released this EP with SO many bugs, many of which haven't been fully fixed yet, and it's been three years. For example, the alien discovery bug that causes other Sims to "discover" an alien when they aren't even in disguise, often making the other Sim unreasonably angry and making the poor alien embarrassed. The angry moodlet even says "alien deception, why wouldn't they tell me?!" Um, I'm pretty sure that they DID tell you the second they approached you without a disguise.

Granted, they seem to finally be trying to fix it, but it isn't completely fixed just yet. It used to be much worse. An annoying popup would appear every time someone "discovers" an undisguised alien, and that isn't happening anymore, nor are the undisguised aliens getting embarrassed. The other Sims, however, still get angry or confident. I really hope they fully fix this soon.

Seasons

My biggest gripe with Seasons is that they didn't add enough clothing to the cold wear category. Because of this, the randomly-generated cold outfits for townies are often the exact same clothes over and over again. Like, I've seen a good few clothes in CAS that could work as cold wear, but for some reason the game doesn't see it as cold wear, so it can't be randomly-generated for the townies.

Another problem I have is that inclement weather is perfectly capable of happening on festival days. Rain or a thunderstorm during Geek Con? That's a complete and total disaster! A blizzard during any festival? Absolute disaster! I think there should be a mechanic that prevents this kind of weather from happening in San Myshuno on festival days.

I also dislike how some of the ignored traditions make no sense. For example, why do toddlers, children, and teens ignore the Grand Meal tradition? Is it because the Grand Meal has to be cooked? If so, that STILL makes no sense. The tradition is perfectly capable of fulfilling simply by eating the Grand Meal. Even if you don't really understand the significance of the meal, when you're young, you still look forward to all that delicious food!

City Living

Oh boy, where to BEGIN? For starters, the CL names spawn on almost every randomly-generated townie. Townies for bar nights? CL names. Criminals in cells at the police station? CL names. Suspects? CL names. Hospital coworkers? CL names. Adoption agents? CL names. And so on and so forth. I like that these names were added, and that the names themselves are really neat, but there's no variety in the townie names anymore.

Not only that, but the Sims Team didn't seem to add enough of these names into the mix to begin with. Because of how often they're picked, and because there are so few of these names for the generator to choose from, you see a lot of the exact same names over and over again. It also seems that, ever since installing this EP, townies almost always generate in at least one article of CL clothing, often being head to toe in it. It's like the townies aren't allowed to wear anything else! And there's this one particular combination that the townie generator is absolutely obsessed with: Middle Eastern or Japanese name with red or blonde hair.

I will also never understand the Sims Team's decision to make the hair under the headwrap always default to brown, no matter WHAT color your Sim's hair actually is. They've confirmed that this is by design. That's just ridiculous!

Cats and Dogs

It should NOT have just been cats and dogs. Small pets should've been included as well. My First Pet was a mistake. That content should have been included in the expansion to begin with rather than released as a stuff pack. Also, there's a bug that causes any pet that you adopt over the phone that is advertised as spayed or neutered to actually be natural. That's just straight-up false advertising!

Get Together

I have little to no issues with this one. The new world that comes with it is amazing, the new clothing and build/buy mode items are great, and the club feature is cool. The only gripe I DO have is that your Sims' acquaintances will often try to invite them out to parties and the like at very inconvenient times.
    Post edited by worldofdrakan on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    For me:

Get to Work: checklist based careers with nice but constantly repeating animations get old pretty fast. For me it isn’t that much of an improvement over sims doing that outside an actual working place. Colleagues don’t play an actual role other than walking around doing their own thing. I’d love a pack like this where that part would be more advanced, your sim really co working with others. And gameplay based on really achieving things, not just adding another check on the list. The rocket in that respect is a highlight in this pack. More of that.

Get Together: the club system for me is the most boring thing they ever came up with for this franchise. Telling a bunch of sims to do something and then sit back and watch then doing it. I simply fail to see where the fun is, I just don’t. I like gathering groups of sims, but then I want them to do unexpected things I can react to. Plus parties in Sims 4... they are boring as well. All sims gather around the DJ and start dancing, one better than the other, while making squeaky noices and pretending to talk to each other. This for hours and hours and hours in a row without something happening except for one or two going to the toilet. I do like the more open approach of that world (in comparison to the worlds prior to that).

City Living: I can be short, I don’t like scripted apartments when it means it’s all set in stone and nothing ever changes. I’d like this set up if I could actually influence things. I’d love it if a neighbour would come knocking on my door to tell me to turn down the music at 3am, but I don’t like that happening when my sim isn’t making any noise at all. And I’d want my sim’s neighbours to have a broad variety of behaviour, not just making noise all the time and ignoring my complants about that. I’d at least expect to be able to call the police and see a result after I called/complained. A solution could also be: becoming friends with those neighbours. People tend to be less of a nuisance and mind each other when they are your friends. In short: consequences, player’s input. I also very much regret I can’t wander through the streets of the big city.

I don’t have C&D and Seasons, so no opinion about those, though I do regret it’s just cats and dogs. That would matter less if they’d be a lot better than before, but I often hear that’s not the case. Don’t know that from my own experience though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Get to Work: Retail is pointless until restocking is charged correctly.

Vampires: Drinking symbol gets stuck in the queue, cure potions are hit and miss, vampires can't drink from mesmerized victims.

OR: Identifying wild plants has been broken by Seasons.

City Living: Insane festival outfits

Spa Day: Broken hand massage, accessories with towels

Seasons: Stinky leaf piles, Sims return from work on holidays
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

Vampires: Drinking symbol gets stuck in the queue, cure potions are hit and miss, vampires can't drink from mesmerized victims.

THE SPAY DAY ACCESSORIES THING IS A BUG???

I thought I just had crappy cc somewhere x.x
    Ugh. I don't mind necklaces and such, but socks??? no.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »

THE SPAY DAY ACCESSORIES THING IS A BUG???

I thought I just had plum cc somewhere x.x
    Ugh. I don't mind necklaces and such, but socks??? no.

It happens whenever sims switch into a bath towel after a shower at a public facility too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChocolatSantaChocolatSanta Posts: 13 New Member
    Cats and Dogs: I reallly miss a service person to walk my dog. It's whimpering all the time with the leash sign above his head eventhough i just walked him and always choose an independent dog. It takes the fun away of having a dog imo. and i refuse to walk him half of my sims time.
    It would be great to hire a person to spend some time with him while at work etc. Or maybe the butler can do it? He's having too much time on his hands anyway and is developing an alc. problem :p
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I would have liked for sims to do a line behind the cash register, at least as a default and tablet checkouts as a perk.

This is a brilliant idea! Loved it in The Sims 2.. But well, sadly it's never gonna happen

City Living
    Can't understand why they didn't let us build our own apartments.. Ahh, probably game performance issue..
    I don't like the world really. Some floating buildings, it' not my cup of tea.

Seasons
    I just can't, can't cope with the snow being that flat. There's no any decent explanation that I would understand. In my opinion they've done it on purpose cause the pack would sell anyway.
    The leaves look like painted on the floor
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Get To Work
    The active careers are fine.. but, disappointed with the hidden neighbourhood. It will be better if we can have a residential Lot near the hospital, laboratory, police station... On top of that, there're a lot of limitation to open a business, where we can't own a cafe, a nightclub, a museum, etc.. and we can't do any business from home..

Get Together
    It will be better if we can have more than 8 Sims in the club. We already have the limitation for the household, so, it should not have any restriction for the club. Overall, I'm glad it comes with a beautiful world.

City Living
    A very weird attempt to introduce different ethnicity.. especially Asian. As an Asian.. I feel weird.. The city itself is not as exciting as any city that I could ever imagine... even compare it with where I'm from.. It will be much better if we can create our own Apartment building rather than building on the existing one.

Cats and Dogs
    Both pets are considered part of the family and included in the head count. But, why can't we even control them? They should not be counted as a head count if we can't control them.. What is the logic? Say, if I have an aquarium that full with school of fish.. why don't they count it as well? Anywho, it comes with a beautiful world.

Seasons
    The only EP that I paid in a full price. I like all the details, the new feature like the calendar.. But, I'm still disappointed with the snow depth.... if only we can have a snow depth... that make the pack seem flawless... although it comes with a lot of bugs..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Get to Work

- Really restrictive and repetitive active careers. With such specific tasks that it even tells you to what specific colleague you have to talk to and about what specific topic :|
    - Adding police to the game but only for your sim to work as one was a really missed opportunity. Having a sim world where police doesn't exist and there are no crimes (no burglars) but where your sim can go to a special hidden lot and be a cop/detective is just really weird
    - Same goes for hospitals, having a hospital in a hidden lot where unless you work there you are only able to visit if your sim is in labour is a really weird choice
    - Sixam being accessible only with the portal is a shame
    - Aliens' abductions went from happening too often to then be twitched so much that I haven't had a single one in years (real years, not sim years)
    - Retail is very repetitive and lacks animations.

I have no love for this pack at all actually. It is the opposite of sandbox and felt really underwhelming. I like all the new collectables though.

Get Together

I love this pack and even though there are some flaws, it is by far my favourite. The club system rocked my world and Winderburg is stunning! It's a shame that at the beginning they tried to sell it as a party pack and many people still think of it as Sims 4's attempt at Nightlife when it is far from it.

City Living

- Apartments are extremely restrictive in every possible way
    - Festivals recycling base game features instead of bringing new things was a shame
    - No lift animation
    - Basketball is wonky and can't really be played. They only shoot the ball

Apartments should have been the star of the pack but they weren't...

There are some things I really love about this pack: CAS/BB and the amazing new recipes and food stalls are two things I couldn't go without in my game. But it is an EP and it should have been a lot more than that.

Cats and Dogs

- Beautiful yet extremely boring new world
    - The fact that you can't select your pet on the UI not even to see their traits, how many days they have left until ageing up, their skills, their family trees, nothing
    - too many strays and pets in non active households always looking dirty and sick
    - the vet career is a combination of the already flawed active careers + the already flawed retail system. No improvements were made
    - the missed opportunity of adding a normal vet career where your sim doesn't need to own a clinic
    - dogs "going to the toilet" on the porch
    - not being able to teach pets by reinforcing good behaviours but only by scolding them (I still wonder to this day why they didn't take advantage of the Parenthood system)
    - too many silly costumes
    - kids not being able to walk the dog
    - no dog houses
    - not enough items for the pets themselves

Not enough focus on the pets, actually

I am sure I forget many more. The CAS and Build mode were good and I like having pets overall since it feels more real and the game feels more whole but the pack could/should have been so different from what we got.

Seasons

- Too many bugs
    - The way they did the new clothing categories was to me a mistake. It doesn't work and I think there would have been better solutions. The fact that there is no rainwear is weird. I think it should have been a new rainwear category and then have us mark each outfit from each category as hot, neutral, or cold. That way we could have a winter PJs, a winter sports outfit, a summer party outfit, and so on. It would make so much more sense
    - The snow has no depth, the leaves look like painted on the floor, the rain doesn't really fall on anything or from anywhere, it just looks like a screen filter that gets our sims wet suddenly
    - There are not enough holiday activities to choose from nor icons to make holidays really feel different and personal
    - Nothing added to swimming pools, nothing at all. NADA
    - Water balloon/mud/snow fights animations are lacking
    - Things like walking the dog, jogging, going to festivals, etc are now way harder because of the weather
    - I wish sims could hold the umbrella while walking the dog, also toddlers have no protection against the rain at all. Again, we need a rainwear more than we need hot and cold outfits

Weather was necessary at this point and I love many aspects about this EP. Having flower arranging was a dream of mine for a long time and now we finally have it! There are really nice additions like the toddler's pool, bee keeping, Patchy, swings, all the new harvestables, the gardener career, but I feel like the focus was a bit all over the place. Trying to make the calendar and holidays the big new thing makes me feel like the seasons and their activities were a bit underdeveloped.

Overall, since the beginning, EPs have been underwhelming considering their price. There are great things in almost all of them but also many missed opportunities or focus on the (in my opinion) wrong things.

I agree with everything you posted especially the last part I bolded. Well said! 👏👏👏
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".