Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sick butler.

Does anyone know of a way to cure the butler. She is sick, passing out everywhere (I've sent her to bed a few times that didn't help) and she is infecting all my sim in the household. 8 vampires.
If not, will she die and if so, how long will it take? Because I'm constantly buying medicine and it's getting silly now.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    illnesses will not kill sims at all, so it'll need to run its course (which should be just a few sim days. but since they're reinfecting all the household, they could get reinfected as soon as they get better, too. it's a fun little cycle...). unless it's rabid rodent fever from my first pet stuff. that one will eventually be a killer

i've actually taken to giving all my vampires the sickness resistant trait from the doctor career because i find them getting sick silly. can also get a tea maker, since drinking any of the teas helps reduce the duration of the illness ($15 for 3 cups, which do not fully cure. as opposed to $50 for 1 bottle that does fully cure). napping and orange juice (quick meal from fridge) also help get over illnesses faster

i also try to make sure everyone in a household is sick at once, so they take their medicine (or other fixes) all at once. that way, there shouldn't be a lingering individual that reinfects everyone else... harder to do when it's the butler doing it

last up, you can fire your butler and hire someone else who is likely to not be sick...at first
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way to cure the butler. She is sick, passing out everywhere (I've sent her to bed a few times that didn't help) and she is infecting all my sim in the household. 8 vampires.
    If not, will she die and if so, how long will it take? Because I'm constantly buying medicine and it's getting silly now.

@simm621 & @kalaksed My butler has been sick for three Sims' days. (My household is not a vampire household.) She possibly infected or was infected by a household member who had a cold (zebra stripe symptoms) three days ago, but the household member cured herself with medicine (twice). The butler has the spotted skin symptoms. I keep sending her to bed, but that doesn't seem to help. I've left a bottle of medicine out on a counter, but she does not take it on her own. I've looked for clicking possibilities on butler, household members, phone (hire a service), bookcase (purchase book) to help, but there doesn't seem to be any possibility to cure the butler. I noticed 'Cancel Butler Service' has disappeared from my phone in this household (maybe the game does not recognize her as the butler), so I might fire her (by clicking on butler/management) and keep hiring butlers until I get the same one (because she is good friends with the toddler and a very good butler). I think it's a bug in the game.
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

@simm621 & @kalaksed My butler has been sick for three Sims' days. (My household is not a vampire household.) She possibly infected or was infected by a household member who had a cold (zebra stripe symptoms) three days ago, but the household member cured herself with medicine (twice). The butler has the spotted skin symptoms. I keep sending her to bed, but that doesn't seem to help. I've left a bottle of medicine out on a counter, but she does not take it on her own. I've looked for clicking possibilities on butler, household members, phone (hire a service), bookcase (purchase book) to help, but there doesn't seem to be any possibility to cure the butler. I noticed 'Cancel Butler Service' has disappeared from my phone in this household (maybe the game does not recognize her as the butler), so I might fire her (by clicking on butler/management) and keep hiring butlers until I get the same one (because she is good friends with the toddler and a very good butler). I think it's a bug in the game.

I forgot to mention I also tried the shift/click on person cheat: 'cheat need - make happy' several times over the three days, but that didn't work either. So now, a half a Sims' day later, an adult household member clicked on the butler 'Management - Fire' and the butler's spotted skin disappeared instantly. I cancelled the firing (my adult Sim was on his way from another room before the firing took place). A few Sims' hours have gone by and the butler seems not to to be sick anymore. We'll see. I do think it is some kind of a bug. 'Cancel Butler Service' is still not available on the phone again.