Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's up with the crazy bills?

earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
Ok, I believe this came with the latest patch.

When I bought Seasons and played a family with this EP for the first time, had a thermostat set on for the entire winter and the bills, while they were higher, were still affordable (something like 3k as opposed to 1,5k or something like that)
This morning I played this same family in a different house, not a huge house mind you, and I only set the thermostat on for 1 day during freezing weather. The bills came and I had I had like... 14k to pay!!! In this house the bills are less than 3k, normally.
Imagine playing a poorer family who can't afford to pay bills, let alone warm themselves when it's freezing.

I know gas bills are typically higher in winter irl, but this is ridiculous.
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    yes there is def something going on!!! i use MCCC mod to change the bills to be reasonable.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I went from 250 to 8500 for bills.... ridiculous. She had never even earnt that money total lol
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    My bills were around 8k last time I played.... yikes.
    giphy.gif
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    If you moved houses, check your household inventory. If it's full of stuff, that will make the bills higher.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2018
    ghilie wrote: »
    If you moved houses, check your household inventory. If it's full of stuff, that will make the bills higher.

I don't know about that. I had stuff in my family inventory before I moved as well and when I changed houses, I sold the furniture so that I could move another family there from my gallery and start anew with my legacy. As long as something is not on the lot, it shouldn't charge the bill since it's not used. I don't have much, except for some holiday decorations and crops. I sold all the career rewards in order to afford the bill.
    It's like paying 10cents monthly for a cup that I bought for 2$ and I have to pay taxes for every object I own regardless of me using it or not. Doesn't make any sense.
    ambrown wrote: »
    yes there is def something going on!!! i use MCCC mod to change the bills to be reasonable.

How do you do that? o.o
    NK4koaX.png
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    earthgirl wrote: »
    ghilie wrote: »

I don't know about that. I had stuff in my family inventory before I moved as well and when I changed houses, I sold the furniture so that I could move another family there from my gallery and start anew with my legacy. As long as something is not on the lot, it shouldn't charge the bill since it's not used. I don't have much, except for some holiday decorations and crops. I sold all the career rewards in order to afford the bill.
    It's like paying 10cents monthly for a cup that I bought for 2$ and I have to pay taxes for every object I own regardless of me using it or not. Doesn't make any sense.

I agree that it shouldn't, but that's what it does. The game mechanics total up everything in both the household and all personal inventories as counting toward bills. I was just watching English Simmer's new rags to riches let's play and she had $2000 bills for a nearly empty lot---turns out, her household inventory was full of stuff and that's what the calculation was based on.

nZLbne1.jpg

• EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, we have a discussion on this created over here in "How have your bills been since Seasons?". If you'd like to join in please pop over to that thread and I'll close this one.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top