Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A revamp on recipes and the culinary skills

2...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I agree, it definitely needs an overhaul, but the way I'd like to see it would require a whole new base game, as I doubt TS4 would revamp something this late to be more in-depth.

IMHO, all cooking recipes should have mandatory ingredients that we must obtain in order to cook. No ingredients = no cooking. This would increase the usefulness of other similar skills, such as fishing/herbalism, and open roads to new skills, such as foraging. The return of the grocery store, as it was in The Sims 2, would be very nice to see as well.

Different dishes should fill the hunger meter differently. If I make my Sim eat cereal, it shouldn't fill them up as much as say, rainbow trout. Certain meals, ones that are maybe harder to cook, should give our Sims useful benefits too, such as being more productive (would increase work XP) or having more energy (would fill the energy bar past the normal full indicator).

The cooking skill and the quality of meals need an overhaul. It doesn't make sense how sims eat low quality meals, or when a low level sim prepares a meal, and yet their hunger fills to max. I know they get an uncomfortable mooldet, but that isn't very life changing. Either way, meal quality becomes excellent super easily, after level 4 or so of the cooking skill which also doesn't make much sense, especially when you aren't even using good ingredients, and I don't believe there's the "perfect" quality or "outstanding" like in TS3 (I know of impeccable but I think that's only with the reward trait). I'd also like if sims reacted negatively to spoiled food in their inventory again.

They just overhauled fishing so they may improve on this too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'm all for it. Also, bring in more delivery options, at least Chinese. And have them eat slices of pizza from their hands! The reason I rarely order pizza is cause they eat it on a plate just like all other food which is boring.