Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did seasons break outdoor retreat And herbalism?

I know plants only grow if you are on a lot at 5am since seasons. So plants in the GTW Scientist career are completely ruined. They can never be harvested since you can’t stay over night and you don’t go in til 10am. They eventually die.

Does this terrible and lazy design expand into O.R.? Did they ruin O.R. with seasons?

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I know plants only grow if you are on a lot at 5am since seasons.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. That explains a lot. Wild/community lots plants in general are problematic since then, also due to the weather and if they are or not in season. It affects as you say the scientist lot, but also the festival harvestables, the parks and community gardens you might build and yes, OR too. They won't grow at all, or very slowly, or be dormant for half the sim year.

What I found out so far regarding the OR plants:
    - None of them grows in winter (as far as I remember)
    - All of them grow in summer
    - Some grow in summer and spring or summer and fall
    So the best time to go to Granite Falls to collect them is summer.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member

Really? I wasn't aware of that. That explains a lot. Wild/community lots plants in general are problematic since then, also due to the weather and if they are or not in season. It affects as you say the scientist lot, but also the festival harvestables, the parks and community gardens you might build and yes, OR too. They won't grow at all, or very slowly, or be dormant for half the sim year.

That’s great! Thank you. I will try again in the summer.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Seasons broke almost everything in this game... so the answer is probably yes.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

That’s great! Thank you. I will try again in the summer.

According to Carl's plant guide, some of the OR plants are active in Spring-Summer or Summer-Fall. In any event, as you'd presumably be spending more than one night in OR, the plants in the campground area shouldn't be a problem, but your Sims would either have to bring a tent and stay the night or get up bright and early to get a plant to produce in the national forest or Deep Woods.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Seasons broke almost everything in this game... so the answer is probably yes.

Truer words have never been spoken.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I was able to collect them all in summer so no, herbalism is not broken.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've completed the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration twice since Seasons came out so no... You just need to learn when the plants blooms and work with the new system. If you are having some other bug you should report it.

The science lab plants are borked though for me also. I've reported it as a bug. My scientists just grow their plants in an indoor garden at home as a work around for the time being until it's fixed. Have you reported this bug @KirbySkywalker?
    Here is the link in case you haven't it helps to go report it so it get's fixed sooner
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Plants-at-science-lab-don-t-produce-harvestables/td-p/6891565
    egTcBMc.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I know plants only grow if you are on a lot at 5am since seasons. So plants in the GTW Scientist career are completely ruined. They can never be harvested since you can’t stay over night and you don’t go in til 10am. They eventually die.

Does this terrible and lazy design expand into O.R.? Did they ruin O.R. with seasons?

Fix for the scientist career is to get the plants you need at home. Although I myself haven’t had an issue with the plants not growing and being harvestable.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The last time I tried herbalism in OR, the main problem was that my Sim identified all plants immediately. When you clicked on an unkown plant, you always could see its name ("harvest fire leaf").
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

click on the pot and buy the seeds they'll have the plants you need
    more for sim kids and more drama please