Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Also, sorry everyone for being so late with this. I've had some unexpected medical complications which is why I've been away a lot lately.

Could you all please have a look at these rules of etiquette for bookclub? Please feel free to add or change anything. I want this fun for everyone. :)

Rules of etiquette:
    Not tagging people in posts that have nothing to do with them.
    Keeping discussions mainly on topic.
    Maintaining a friendly atmosphere by keeping conversations polite and friendly.
    No criticising works that are being discussed.

Sorry to read this! I hope you're doing better now? <3

the rules sound good already :)
    could we tweak the last one, though?
    "No criticising works that are being discussed, unless explicitely asked for by the author"?
    Because I'd actually love to receive criticism too :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Also, sorry everyone for being so late with this. I've had some unexpected medical complications which is why I've been away a lot lately.

Could you all please have a look at these rules of etiquette for bookclub? Please feel free to add or change anything. I want this fun for everyone. :)

Rules of etiquette:

"No criticising works that are being discussed, unless explicitely asked for by the author"?

Thanks @candycottonchu . I will, hopefully. Getting a referral on Thursday, so I'm feeling positive. :)

Yeah, that sounds just. XD
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Great story to start with. I'll heap my praises on @LadyLobster once I get a good prompt for it. ;)

Anyways, the old Book Club used to have the current reading's title in the thread title. Could that be a change that carries over? I think it helps us know what we're reading immediately and might draw regular readers of the selected work who aren't Book Club regulars in.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Great story to start with. I'll heap my praises on @LadyLobster once I get a good prompt for it. ;)

Anyways, the old Book Club used to have the current reading's title in the thread title. Could that be a change that carries over? I think it helps us know what we're reading immediately and might draw regular readers of the selected work who aren't Book Club regulars in.

Cog and I are running Book Club collaboratively. I'm filling in this week , and I don't have access to change the thread title (sure wish we could share rights on threads ), but I'm sure when Cog's back , he'll change the title . In the meantime , we can tell all our friends and cohorts! I thought I'd mention it on Lobster's thread , too.

Rules of etiquette:

I agree with you , Cotton ! Friendly critique is awesome and something most writers long for! Maybe some of us who've had experience with writers' workshops or have experienced really positive and helpful styles of response and interpretation can share what's worked for them .

I think if we focus on interpretation, analysis , and craft we'll be headed in a good direction .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Cog and I are running Book Club collaboratively. I'm filling in this week , and I don't have access to change the thread title (sure wish we could share rights on threads ), but I'm sure when Cog's back , he'll change the title . In the meantime , we can tell all our friends and cohorts! I thought I'd mention it on Lobster's thread , too.

Rules of etiquette:

I agree with you , Cotton ! Friendly critique is awesome and something most writers long for! Maybe some of us who've had experience with writers' workshops or have experienced really positive and helpful styles of response and interpretation can share what's worked for them .

I think if we focus on interpretation, analysis , and craft we'll be headed in a good direction .

as much as i love sis i'm glad we can't share thread rights. yes it would make it easier but since you were trolled on wp we know people can get acess to the info they need to do that.

hopefully my comment won't get the thread closed. but my point is better to be safe.
    edited October 2018
    Just casual discussion to kick off things before the real deal: has anyone been revisiting the original Fangs for the Memories? (Since it wrapped up over a year ago) Is there anything you forgot that ended up making you laugh/cry/faint in shock again?

I'm only on Chapter 10 for my re-read but with the power of hindsight I'm combing through all the hints dropped that
    Isla and Darius were fae this whole time. That hair color change when we first see Isla! That infamous turquoise hair. :naughty:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @InfraGreen
    I've just started reading Fangs (I'm about chapter 16 or so?). And I kept guessing what the twins were! No, I'm not at that part where it's revealed yet! :joy:
    edited October 2018
    @InfraGreen
    I've just started reading Fangs (I'm about chapter 16 or so?). And I kept guessing what the twins were! No, I'm not at that part where it's revealed yet! :joy:

Stay out of these threads! :p

EDIT: I added a spoiler tag though. Should have been instinct to. :confused:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    What, I'm shocked! :open_mouth:

It makes me smile when I still get comments about certain reveals in gen 1, even though it's been so long ago now. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    If any of you guys have any questions you would like me to ask when Coffee Hour starts next week, you’re welcome to PM me and I’ll compile a list.

You can also hold onto the questions if you’d like to ask them yourselves. I have some fun stuff planned for Coffee Hour, so I hope everyone is super excited!?! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    i love this its one of the few things i can fit in my schedule. but since mom and i found out i need glasses i'm waiting til i get them to join in. reading strains my eyes right now. with writing its differnt because i can control the number of words.

so have fun :)
    @Munterbacon Will there be snacks though?!

@friendsfan367 Hope you get your glasses in time to enjoy the next one then! B)
    uduVcAP.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @Munterbacon Will there be snacks though?!

tenor.gif

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Gif snacks, Munterbacon's favorite!
    uduVcAP.png

Someone ate all the snacks I prepared...
    ninjapig-helping-herself.jpg
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)

The purple pig thingie doesn’t bother me as much as the dirty dishes. Why is she saving those in the fridge? :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

The purple pig thingie doesn’t bother me as much as the dirty dishes. Why is she saving those in the fridge? :lol:

leftovers :)

What leftovers? Gonna eat the grime from the plates? :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Science experiment on the growth of mold in the refrigerator?
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    I still want to know more about the pig...what is it and why is it there?!
    uduVcAP.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I still want to know more about the pig...what is it and why is it there?!

Oh it's a PIG! A ninja pig? I thought it was a really demented fish head.

Ya know, it really doesn't matter what it is it's pretty creepy!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Karilan wrote: »

I wonder if it's always been in the game or if it's from Seasons or something. LOL. Seems very Spooky Day-ish.

uduVcAP.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

I wonder if it's always been in the game or if it's from Seasons or something. LOL. Seems very Spooky Day-ish.

I think this calls for everyone to load their games just to check the fridge.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

What leftovers? Gonna eat the grime from the plates? :grimace:

pigs aren't known for being picky eaters. :)

Hehe, the pig is actually a piece of CC I made as a recolour of the pig statue.

Ninjapig used to accompany @eXokamikaze and steal/raid everyone’s food in the Writers’ Lounge. Then when this cc got made, she ended up hiding in a lot of peoples games/builds :)
    dustshaela.jpg