Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Do you think they would even be a good match for each other in the future?
    I have to say that after Paris they seem too different to me to believe they can work. Franco has been through a lot and the fact that he settled down and married Rosa shows he wants no more excitement like Paris in his life. For the same reason he left her, after she started acting like a crazy jealous witch. He wants his peace. Mae is too wild. She would drive him crazy.

I tend to agree, but they are drawn to each other even after Paris. But yes, they both have to get divorced and all sorts of things could happen during that process to either bring them together or push them apart more. Yes, Mae is a bit wild, but I think she wants to settle down too. I think they both simply settled for the wrong person....

wait we talk about ships a lot now were unshipping couples? lol a lot happens when i'm at work.

I know! Crazy isn't it!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Do you think they would even be a good match for each other in the future?
    I have to say that after Paris they seem too different to me to believe they can work. Franco has been through a lot and the fact that he settled down and married Rosa shows he wants no more excitement like Paris in his life. For the same reason he left her, after she started acting like a crazy jealous witch. He wants his peace. Mae is too wild. She would drive him crazy.

I tend to agree, but they are drawn to each other even after Paris. But yes, they both have to get divorced and all sorts of things could happen during that process to either bring them together or push them apart more. Yes, Mae is a bit wild, but I think she wants to settle down too. I think they both simply settled for the wrong person....

wait we talk about ships a lot now were unshipping couples? lol a lot happens when i'm at work.

I know! Crazy isn't it!

and reshipping lol. i just read he rest. yes its crazy. :):):):)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed the discussion about @candycottonchu's Neighbourhood Talk. It's one of my favourite simLits. <3
    This week we discuss another one of my favourites, @Bugsie2016's Life's Lessons.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. :)
    edited January 2019
    :)
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

stop making out and put your siggy back.

sorry its been a while since i saw you. i was talking about your avi. which might be my new fav. :):):)

sorry its been a while since i saw tou. i was talking about your avi. which might be my new fav. :):):)

my siggy is there. :)

sorry its been a while since i saw tou. i was talking about your avi. which might be my new fav. :):):)

i don't see the ll link.

i don't see the ll link.

My siggie is on rotation. I'll post a link. :)
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com/

i don't see the ll link.

My siggie is on rotation. I'll post a link. :)
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com/

you didn't say that.lol
    edited January 2019
    Apparently I did this wrong the first time and I need to pick a chapter. The logical one is the first one. :)
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/chapter-1/
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I thought Tasty read means picking one chapter and discussing it the given week. That's why the feature is called a Tasty read. That's what other authors nominated for it were asked to do. I'm sorry to bring this up, but for discussing a whole story we have a two week feature, so readers have time to catch up and join the discussion.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited January 2019
    I thought Tasty read means picking one chapter and discussing it the given week. That's why the feature is called a Tasty read. That's what other authors nominated for it were asked to do. I'm sorry to bring this up, but for discussing a whole story we have a two week feature, so readers have time to catch up and join the discussion.

You're right. I think I should probably just pick my first chapter as it makes sense. :) (I edited the original post since none of it was about the first chapter).
    @Bugsie2016 You should probably link it too for everyone who wants to participate to have quick and easy access to it. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Bugsie2016 You should probably link it too for everyone who wants to participate to have quick and easy access to it. ;)

It's in the edited version of my first post. :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Apparently I did this wrong the first time and I need to pick a chapter. The logical one is the first one. :)

Hi, @Bugsie2016 ! I'm excited we'really reading your story, and I'm looking forward to going back to look at the first chapter. I remember it made a big impression on me when I first read it.

Are you thinking of questions you'll have for readers? I'll be thinking of questions for you!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hi, @Bugsie2016 ! I'm excited we'really reading your story, and I'm looking forward to going back to look at the first chapter. I remember it made a big impression on me when I first read it.

Are you thinking of questions you'll have for readers? I'll be thinking of questions for you!

I'm going to post some later for the week. :)
    Questions:

For first time readers (anyone who has read just this chapter):
    What are your opinions of Ron in this chapter?
    What are your opinions of Connor in this chapter?
    What's your general opinion on the chapter in general?

For regular readers (I'm including these because I can ask questions about my other 2 main characters that aren't in this chapter):
    What do you think of Ron and Connor later on in the story in comparison to the first chapter?
    What do you think of Dani & Claire?
    What do you think of the two main couple's relationships?
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @Bugsie2016

1. He seems to be a very tidy person.
    2. He's rather not. Also, lazy c:
    3. I like how the reader is pulled into the scene with a detailed description. But I felt that as soon as something happened, it was over. I'll give a few more chapters a try when I have time again.
    edited January 2019
    He's definitely a neat freak. If I was him, I would wake Connor and stood over him until he washed the dirty dishes himself.
    I liked the outfit you picked for him.
    I also hope you know it by now, that writers have other means than capital letters to let the readers know a character is yelling. :D

He's totally abusing his friendship with Ron. Helping around the apartment is the least he could do for being allowed to stay there.

I think it gives a reader a pretty good image of how their friendship works.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited January 2019
    @Bugsie2016

1. He seems to be a very tidy person.
    2. He's rather not. Also, lazy c:
    3. I like how the reader is pulled into the scene with a detailed description. But I felt that as soon as something happened, it was over. I'll give a few more chapters a try when I have time again.

I actually completely forgot I made Ron a tidy person. I don't think I've written anything since that contradicts that so think it still stands. xD
    As for Connor, he can be but he can also be the opposite. Depends on the day. xD
    I haven't actually read the chapter again yet but now that'll be something that will stand out. :lol: (I remember the chapter from when I had to go back and change one minor detail to make the story make sense later.)

He's definitely a neat freak. If I was him, I would wake Connor and stood over him until he washed the dirty dishes himself.
    I liked the outfit you picked for him.
    I also hope you know it by now, that writers have other means than capital letters to let the readers know a character is yelling. :D

He's totally abusing his friendship with Ron. Helping around the apartment is the least he could do for being allowed to stay there.

I think it gives a reader a pretty good image of how their friendship works.

Yeah, I'm aware there is other ways. But, for some reason this was the way I wrote it. (Guessing all caps was just fun to use for once. xD)

He somewhat is abusing his friendship. He is and he isn't. Originally that was the storyline but the story took a different route and there's actually a lot of off-screen stuff that happens. (It's all in my head on whats going on.) I think he probably does do some stuff, this just happened to be the one day he didn't.

I'm probably going to go back and rewrite the first few chapters as they don't reflect the story in general too well. :lol: I've not considered it before but think it's probably important to make it fit the story better.
    I also hope you know it by now, that writers have other means than capital letters to let the readers know a character is yelling. :disappointed:

i do that.

i just read it. i readit the first time before my eyes went wonky. but forgot what i read. well some of it like candys story i remembered some of it.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member

He has a reason to be angry with his friend but I think he is an enabler. He went and washed the dishes, cleaned the mess his friend made and is paying all the bills. Connor is not going to get a job or clean up after himself if Ron keeps supporting him. Time to show some tough love and throw him out.

Connor needs to grow up, get a job and start living on his own. He is taking advantage of Ron and he needs to be put in the position where he is forced to act like an adult.

At first I thought Ron was walking into a crime scene and he was going to be complaining about the mess and find his friend injured or dead. However that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the first chapter and I'm planning on reading on to see what happens next.
    edited January 2019

At first I thought Ron was walking into a crime scene and he was going to be complaining about the mess and find his friend injured or dead. However that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the first chapter and I'm planning on reading on to see what happens next.
    No need to say I would LOVE this scenario. Said it anyway.
    heffners_orig.jpg

He has a reason to be angry with his friend but I think he is an enabler. He went and washed the dishes, cleaned the mess his friend made and is paying all the bills. Connor is not going to get a job or clean up after himself if Ron keeps supporting him. Time to show some tough love and throw him out.

Connor needs to grow up, get a job and start living on his own. He is taking advantage of Ron and he needs to be put in the position where he is forced to act like an adult.

I would argue that I don't kill off characters in the first chapter of a story but that's a lie. I've done that before.

But, if I was going to have him walk on a crime scene I wouldn't have chosen Connor as the victim. Don't know who though. I would be evil and say his girlfriend but that's a bit too cruel for the first chapter. But, anyway, Connor actually has an important role later on. ;)

I'll leave a hint for anyone whose read the first 20 something chapters (spoilers if I say the exact amount):
    It has something to do with Ron's kinda step-dad being the San My drug dealer.
    'kinda' because he never technically married Ron's mum. They had a wedding but they're not technically married even if she thinks they are. It's complicated...
    But, if I was going to have him walk on a crime scene I wouldn't have chosen Connor as the victim. Don't know who though. I would be evil and say his girlfriend but that's a bit too cruel for the first chapter.
    There's no such a thing as too cruel in sims and simlit. I mean the game gives you tools to kill your sims in so many different ways. They practically encourage you to kill them and then tell everybody about it.
    heffners_orig.jpg