Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disability feature: The Why’s & Why Not’s, and if so, How?

12345679...Next

Comments

• RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    I think is a good idea but I think it should be more realistic. Like for example you have sims who wear glasses, when they take them off they should act as if their blind or harder to see things like tripping an falling or walking into a wall or trying to hold a book up to look closer to read and stuff. They also need to maybe add people with missing ligaments because people do have friends who have missing body parts who play sims and kind of feel odd that they do not have technically a sim that is just like them.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    RoseusAmor wrote: »
    I think is a good idea but I think it should be more realistic. Like for example you have sims who wear glasses, when they take them off they should act as if their blind or harder to see things like tripping an falling or walking into a wall or trying to hold a book up to look closer to read and stuff. They also need to maybe add people with missing ligaments because people do have friends who have missing body parts who play sims and kind of feel odd that they do not have technically a sim that is just like them.

I need glasses to see far away stuff..but I also them for balance. Not everyone who wears glasses is like Vera (from Scooby Doo)'s original voice actor who was basically helpless without her glasses.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    Well that's the downside to disabilities. They can make them but the problem is they can't make them without catering to everyone's needs. Because people may have a similar disability but its different for them so it will be hard for them to make one without someone saying that it's not like that for them. The only way it would work if they find specific ones everyone would be able to relate to who has it that won't leave out anything. But I doubt they will be able to do that unless they pick really simple ones.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I could never realistically see something like this being installed in this day and age. A broken arm or leg, would be realistic but really can not see all worlds showers, toilets etc being updated for it.

Other disabilities how can you realistically identify ever one with out making someone the outcast, there trying to avoid. They just changed Insane to Erratic.

20 Years ago maybe, today if they get it right it could work otherwise they will lose many of those family and friends that care for them, if they do not.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    um turning freewill off doesn't work as much as you think it does-because from my experience you might be playing with Sim A but sim B C and D go and do their own thing and you really hate it. Oh and it doesn't matter what you think but people do use the elements the team gives us as gameplay to make better stories then what we have. I used the Transgender patch to have a little comedy in the game because I had a male dress up as a woman aka Dan Chameroy from Ross Petty Productions. Oh and for you information a CC wheelchair plum-it CAN NOT MOVE period! What IF I want the sim in the wheelchair to move from point A to Point B? I have to make them walk and then sit back down in the wheelchair-which defeats the point of using the wheelchair.

Since disabled game play would need counters, sinks, and stoves to wheel under if in a wheelchair wheel-in/sit down shower/bathtubs, low beds (maybe with railings), audio cues for a visually impaired person, and visually cues for a hearing impaired person (I get annoyed when on the public bus when either the auditory announcements or the visually announcements aren't on since that is against I believe the The AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)

I think you haven't understood a word I said in any of my replies on this thread. And by your own accord not being physically disabled or needing a chair, I find it replusive some of you, those who do not need a chair, wants this to tell 'stories'. And to show how 'diverse' you are, well, isn't that special. Fact is until you spend time in a chair, care for someone with a disability, you wouldn't even know where to start and or what they go through. ETA: And all those positive people you see on the internet dealing with their problems are not the facts, 99% of disabled aren't those people.

You guys want to know how it is, for real? Then all Maxis has to do is visit the nursing homes. Not interview those who are remarkable and have in some ways overcome some of their issues. But visit those who couldn't care less if this is in a game or not. They have bigger problems.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Alright, at this point I'm closing the thread down as we're clearly not able to continue having this conversation in a respectful manner and we're veering too far into territory not appropriate for the forums.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top