October 23 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Disability feature: The Why’s & Why Not’s, and if so, How?

So having just come back from seeing a YouTube video based on sim guru grants twitter reply to a question about the idea of sims having a disability in game, I wanted to know what YOU, The simmers, had to say this subject.

Also, if they were to add such a feature to the game, what would you want to see? Or not want to, if There were options.

How would your sims live and what would the feature entail?

How would family and friends be around that sim?

Would the disabilities be mental? physical? Both?

Would there be a toggle option?

Should certain disabilities, as in real life, greatly affect how they go along their day to day?

Should, like in real life, there be machines and objects constructable to make that sim or those sims, able to go further?

If you want this feature, what would you WANT to see and WHY do you want it?

If you don’t want this feature, WHY and WHAT about it makes you uncomfortable?

Let’s keep this civil and nice, every simmers thoughts and ideas are respected, all I ask is that we keep in tune with each other and avoid arguments, if you don’t like this thread, you can easily walk away and rid yourself of the upsetting content, there’s no need to attack other gamers.

On the topic personal wants for the game, this subject is interesting and personally, a want, I like my game to be as real as possible so obviously the idea of a sim or sims appearing with physical, mental or perhaps simply internal or external differences are a must, also I myself suffer with an ever present arm injury as well as anxiety and PTSD, so as to watch a sim version of myself or even watch a sim like myself, in a similar condition or mindset, is somewhat comforting, or would be, as I am still accepting myself in my circumstance, I would like to see how a sim goes about this as well, th struggles, ups and downs, self acceptance and perseverance or simply lack of will to continue on because they themselves feel so downtrodden and unwell they experience the urge to lay in bed all day and heal that way.

When I saw these tweets and answers and YouTube videos a little lightbulb went off in my head, as much as I’m excited for university life or the upcoming gamepacks consisting of what have you, the idea of disabilities and having my sims be even more real than they have been the last four years brings me more joy and relief than seasons, pets and whatever else is planned for the future as again, it brings forth a realism that is hard to accept but also very grounding.

Maybe that’s not for you, but for me, it’s a feature I feel the sims needs, but that’s just my feeling.

So I leave you to comment, again, please respect each other and myself, everyone here is listened to and if anything upsets or unsettles you, the exit is that way and there are cookies on the table, take as many as you’d like.

Have a good day and happy simming ❤️

Comments

  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I don't feel good about the idea of having mental issues in my game simply because I don't think TS4 can pull it off properly.
    Let's say they actually add depression into the game - Everyone experiences it differently. And I can only imagine they would give depressed Sims a constant sad moodlet or let them gain fitness slower and these things don't happen for everyone who suffers from depression. I really don't think they can do it justice.

    On the other hand I do like the idea of physical disabilities, like needing glasses, a wheelchair, only having one arm or leg etc. I think it's easier to pull that off because it's all "just" based on animations. (I'm not sure how much I want emotions involved with it.)
    I would like to see lifts for wheelchairs on stairs, eye tests and the need for glasses (or contact lenses if you don't want your Sim to wear glasses), crutches, bionic arms and legs, guide dogs for blind/visually impaired people etc.

    I never really thought much about disabilities in Sims games so these are only my immediate thoughts.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I really don't want any mental disabilities-- and I can't imagine EA putting that in, given how sensitive the subject is. I would like some physical disabilities, though. I'd like to have sims who walk with a cane, sims who use a wheelchair, and maybe blind/mute/deaf sims.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    also, it'd be great if with this patch they'd add a tag to glasses that makes it so they don't get treated like accessories and get removed when sims wear situation outfits or club outfits. Makeup stays but my sims with glasses suddenly get contacts?!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,628 Member
    I agree with mental disabilities. I’d really rather they didn’t do that because I just think it’s to sensitive of a subject and as someone else said everyone experiences them differently. I feel like physical disabilities would be interesting in the game though. I’d be interested to see how they did this but I feel it could work.
  • hyrulerosehyrulerose Posts: 842 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't feel good about the idea of having mental issues in my game simply because I don't think TS4 can pull it off properly.
    Let's say they actually add depression into the game - Everyone experiences it differently. And I can only imagine they would give depressed Sims a constant sad moodlet or let them gain fitness slower and these things don't happen for everyone who suffers from depression. I really don't think they can do it justice.

    I agree, mental issues are too varying to be done right in a game. And honestly, when I play The Sims, I want to get away from anxiety. I think seeing Sims struggle with mental disorders would take away from the escapism. I don't love the "everything's perfect all the time" vibe that TS4 tends to have, and would like to see more ways things can 'go wrong', but mental disorders hit too close to home.

    I'm not going to give an opinion in regard to physical disabilities though, as I don't have personal experience to speak from.
    Post edited by hyrulerose on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,950 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Sigzy05 Read the OP and while scrolling down, thinking of a way to respond to this, bumped into your comment and now I don't need to anymore, you worded it perfectly (and on top of that very respectfully) afaic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,167 Member
    edited September 2018
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I really don't want any mental disabilities-- and I can't imagine EA putting that in, given how sensitive the subject is. I would like some physical disabilities, though. I'd like to have sims who walk with a cane, sims who use a wheelchair, and maybe blind/mute/deaf sims.

    TS2 and TS3 had mental disabilites and traits. If a Sim in TS2 doesn't get their wants filled or you fill some fears, they see a silly looking thearpist no one else can see (but you can) and other Sims do the crazy sign when they see that Sim in aspiration failure. So, it's not like EA wouldn't ever put in some mental disabilities. And TS3 has the insane trait. Where Sims do silly stuff, irratic stuff, and dress inapprorately such as pjs out in public, the wrong outfit and formals etc. It's not like Maxis never did it before. ETA: And I will say in my opinion Sims have OCD by rolling the same wants, whims over and over and obsessed with some objects.

    I really wouldn't want anything very serious, because if we can't laugh at ourselves, then we are going to have a very hard life. I now call myself Skeletor. (physcial) but I will let people wonder why. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 113 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS2 and TS3 had mental disabilites and traits. If a Sim in TS2 doesn't get their wants filled or you fill some fears, they see a silly looking thearpist no one else can see (but you can) and other Sims do the crazy sign when they see that Sim in aspiration failure. So, it's not like EA wouldn't ever put in some mental disabilities. And TS3 has the insane trait. Where Sims do silly stuff, irratic stuff, and dress inapprorately such as pjs out in public, the wrong outfit and formals etc. It's not like Maxis never did it before. ETA: And I will say in my opinion Sims have OCD by rolling the same wants, whims over and over and obsessed with some objects.

    TS4 used to have the Insane trait. It got renamed to Erratic, for reasons that probably have to do with people being upset at Insane sims making light of mental illness. The Gloomy trait mimics a lot of ideas people have about depression. Those traits are easy to overlook because that's an issue with TS4 traits in general. But the options do exist in the game.

    Anyways, my big thoughts are:
    • Disabilities would require a massive amount of animator time to make work - we're talking GP if not full EP amounts of work - for sims who at best function identically to normal sims and at worst can't do as much as other sims. The opportunity cost of making a pack without new gameplay (compared to taking those same resources to make a pack that does) is not something I see EA being interested in, or the sims team being able to justify.
    • If we're being honest, we know that many players would use disability either as a character's whole shtick ("lol my sim is crazy"), or inflict disabilities as punishments. I guarantee you that the first time someone says "I don't like this sim so I made them disabled" (except probably using language that would be plummed out here) it'd cause a PR nightmare. The sims team knows that'll happen, and I don't blame them for not wanting to step in that.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 712 Member
    Speaking as someone who is disabled, I play The Sims to escape the fact that some days I can't leave the house in or out of my mobility scooter. Games are meant to be an escape from things that grind us down everyday, so personally I wouldn't want to see either mental illness or disability in a game for all of the reasons so eloquently said in the comments above.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,167 Member
    edited September 2018
    I know some want this to represent themselves. However, I saw a young man coming off a street that was very steep, on a homemade skate board, made of a 2x4 with only one tiny wheel in center underneath. He didn't have a torso, at all. His body ended mid chest. He also had a duffle bag tied to this very narrow board. We turned around to see if we could give this young man a ride but he was already gone. Sorry, that's not something I would want in a game. I mean he doesn't even have a torso, only arms. I don't know how he survives. Sorry, no, that literally changed my life and views forever. ETA: No matter what I go through, there is always something worse. And I don't want this exploited by games.

    We all have our issues and behave out of the so called norm, often. That is as far as I would be willing to go, as TS2 and TS3 handled disabilities. Anything else, custom content is handy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited September 2018
    I would not support the introduction of disabilities in the game. We all play this game to get away from the stresses in our life, and I think bringing a source of those stresses into the game would ruin the game. In addition to that, this would just open the door for hundreds of people getting offended over the way something is implemented. So therefore, it is a no from me.

    Besides, there are much nicer things the developers can focus on.
    Youtube channel DWP Productions
    Sims 3 Videos
    Sims 2 Videos
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I really don't want any mental disabilities-- and I can't imagine EA putting that in, given how sensitive the subject is. I would like some physical disabilities, though. I'd like to have sims who walk with a cane, sims who use a wheelchair, and maybe blind/mute/deaf sims.

    TS2 and TS3 had mental disabilites and traits. If a Sim in TS2 doesn't get their wants filled or you fill some fears, they see a silly looking thearpist no one else can see (but you can) and other Sims do the crazy sign when they see that Sim in aspiration failure. So, it's not like EA wouldn't ever put in some mental disabilities. And TS3 has the insane trait. Where Sims do silly stuff, irratic stuff, and dress inapprorately such as pjs out in public, the wrong outfit and formals etc. It's not like Maxis never did it before. ETA: And I will say in my opinion Sims have OCD by rolling the same wants, whims over and over and obsessed with some objects.

    I really wouldn't want anything very serious, because if we can't laugh at ourselves, then we are going to have a very hard life. I now call myself Skeletor. (physcial) but I will let people wonder why. lol

    In sims 2, the mental things were lighthearted. If too many bad things happen, the person will go crazy. I'm not offended by that at all. Just silly things we can laugh at. So therefore, I agree.
    Youtube channel DWP Productions
    Sims 3 Videos
    Sims 2 Videos
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 177 Member
    @Modsey I think you make some very good points. I agree with much of what you say, especially that life can still be enjoyable with a disability. Since we do not know how the Sims team is addressing this, I think we should not worry too much about the possible resource cost. Implementing disabled Sims would not necessarily take away too many resources from other content, if this has been in consideration for a long time. They gave us wonderful toddlers in a patch for free, and they gave us the gender patch. We just had to wait a long time for the resources to be present in order to make the features available. I think that more options for diversity and inclusion are always welcome, and that we should remain optimistic. Yes, I would like physical disabilities in my game, and I also think it should be completely optional, just as the gender options are. As for the accessibility of the computer game itself, it would be great if we had options such as large font or alternate colour schemes.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The problem (in my opinion) is that it isn't possible to implement it in a way that would do it justice.

    Let's look at just one disability: blindness.
    Some blind people confine themselves to their homes all day in fear of the outside world. Others live almost completely normal lives. In which way, then, will the blind be represented? What type of limitations would we give these sims to separate them from normal sims and would those limitations be accurate for all or even most blind people?

    This just shows that if some sort of disability system were added, it cannot be cookie cutter. It can't be simply "pick a disability and your sim can't do blablabla as well as other sims." It would need to be a massive system that provides more customization on the player's end than anything we've seen added to the game thus far. And for me, it just isn't worth that amount of resources.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,557 Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm afraid people can use this to mock people with disabilities when they add such a feature. :(

    And also as stated above most people want to escape reality when they play The Sims and not want to deal with more real life issues.
    a256aFi.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,687 Member
    As someone with a disability and various not so nice conditions as a result I would not want to see this in game, it’s bad enough I see many youtubers use it in story lines and they handle it so badly and with such ignorance I would not want EA to give them more fuel for the fire.

    I have spent a lot of time in hospital growing up and to his day I still do. I most likely always will. Video games have played a large part in keeping me distracted and giving me joy. I play to escape my illness not to embrace it and live it out in a video game. There is no way a game could represent mental illness because no two people have the same experience of it and I doubt it would be accurate. Not to mention you can’t always see it.

    At worse it would be very offensive. I personally don’t need to be “represented” in the game. For me there are some issues the game should not tackle. It’s a game. It should purpose is to entertain me and watching sims go through the sheer hell that can be living with a disability is not entertainment. It’s like when people said they wanted fertility issues and miscarriages and serious Illnesses in game, I truly cannot comprehend that. I can’t play a sim self version of myself because it makes me feel sad that my sim self is not limited by long term illness. It starts to make me think “What if I don’t have that?” “Why can’t I do these things my sim does so easily?” If I could play a version of my self with disabilities I think that would make me feel a billion times worse. To each their own.

    Yes the above is part of life. But this is a game not a policital platform. If the sims 4 did disabilities I dread to think how it would look. Sim is depressed but you can’t tell because he is very happy +5 happiness moodlets because the painting downstairs is making him feel terrific and his smile is glitching through his eyeballs.
    A Guru has said a 3 legged dog would be depressing so I don’t see physical disabilities for sims being a thing.

  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 5,992 Member
    EA would never turn a profit on such a DLC. That alone would be good enough reason to not prioritize this content as a freebie either. Personally I don’t want this type of content in my game, optional or not. Maxis has plenty of things they COULD make, things that have been asked for by far more players and would add WAY more to the game than disabilities. Time will tell.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,950 Member
    edited September 2018
    Modsey wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to express my thoughts on this, but the subject matter and people's views on it is kind of disturbing and I don't think I'll feel satisfied unless I say something.

    1. I understand players who don't want disabilities in their game at all, and I respect that. 100% I respect that. Everyone should have the game they want to play. If they don't want sims with disabilities, they should have that choice
    2. I agree with those who say EA should focus on creating content that most of the community actually wants (I think only a handful out there in the community actually want a disabled Sim) There are a lot of features I would like to have before having my Sim have a disability
    3. Unless EA and the Sims development team brought in real people with disabilities and talked to them about how they live their lives and took it very seriously, it would go very wrong very fast. Controversy and misunderstanding about what it's like to live with a disability is the last thing I want.

    That said?
    I want to say this as nicely as I can, but here it is, from the perspective of someone living with a disability (3 actually): Everyone's opinions on disability is disturbing and depressing.
    I want to say that more nicely, but I can't.

    Here it is: I'm really tired of disability being depressing and sad and a life not worth living in the eyes of people who don't have disabilities. I'm tired of people telling me what they think my life is like and how it's sad. Being blind, for me personally, is not sad at all.


    I'd like to say before I continue that everyone, including the Simmers who commented already, everyone who lives with a disability is completely valid in how they view their disability. If living with one is something that upsets them or makes them unhappy, that is entirely valid. I won't tell someone with a disability how to feel about their disability ever, because their feelings are their own and it is their life, not mine.

    But I'm still tired of people being sad for me. I'm very happy with my life with blindness, I have my bad days but overall I've been very happy the last year. Some of the people commenting on this thread, however, are treating disability like a tragedy and what's the thing I find upsetting. It (disability) gets bad for some people, and yeah, some are upset about it, sometimes life is hard and unaccommodating, but most people still feel like their life is a life worth living, including me.

    I don't know if I want sims with disabilities in the game. I think a me-sim with a vision impairment would be really cool, but I don't want a whole year of work from the developers to go into that. If a friendly modder came around with a mod to add a disability like blindness, I'd probably jump at that.

    Here's where the tea really is:

    There's a forum post about a similar topic in Sims 4 PC Feedback, and it's a few spaces down from this one called "Making Sims 4 Accessible to the Visually Impaired Simmer" It's my post actually. It's asking for the developers to add gameplay settings to Sims 4 such as bigger font options, a screen magnifier and voice over, so that visually impaired or legally blind Simmers can play this game more easily. (You know, visually impaired Simmers like me) If you really want to help people with disabilities, start giving that post attention and start tweeting gurus about adding accessibility options for Simmers with vision impairments and other disabilities. That would be a great help to Simmers who love playing Sims but are finding it harder and harder to play as their vision decreases. I actually found someone on Twitter who used to play Sims before their vision reached a point where they could no longer play. So if you really want to help the disabled community, this is where you should start.

    (This isn't meant to be angry, so please don't read it as such, but I am very passionate about accessibility and Sims, and I think accessibility changes are important, so please approach this comment nicely and don't get mad at me)

    First, a lot of what you are saying, isn't on the context of this thread, most people here if not all, didn't gave any direct opinion on disability in general, just about how they feel about it being represented on a sims game and I don't think it's fair to say people are sad for you, when no one mentioned you on the thread before and no one said your's or any life was unworthy. And like you said, it's not a sea of roses for everyone, not everyone feels like you.

    But you can indeed have a normal life with your disabilities, it's not depressing, people will still see you and treat you as any other person, I know I would, but if I asked you, if you would rather have full vision, than not, how would you respond? That's one part of the point some people are trying to make, it's not sad, but it's not simple which I'm sure you know it isn't. All this goes much more deeper than tokenism and representation and that's why I don't find it appropriate and respectful to put them in, not because it's depressing, or because I don't want to see it in my life, but because it feels out of context in a video game.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 7,384 Member
    well there are some kids in wheelchairs who want that in game I'm not going to say their wrong for wanting that
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,381 Member
    My disability is invisible.
    You can't see how I'm disabled, because I can usually hide it in public, plus, you can't see pain.


    I think they could add injury to the game, make better use of the hospital with broken bones, which would require casts, slings, crutches and maybe wheelchairs.
    ba49c09f11cb9a8052c232cf4394da6fc22b2437.gifv
    Necrophile experiences: What it is to woohoo a vampire.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,152 Member
    So having just come back from seeing a YouTube video based on sim guru grants twitter reply to a question about the idea of sims having a disability in game, I wanted to know what YOU, The simmers, had to say this subject.

    Also, if they were to add such a feature to the game, what would you want to see? Or not want to, if There were options.

    How would your sims live and what would the feature entail?

    How would family and friends be around that sim?

    Would the disabilities be mental? physical? Both?

    Would there be a toggle option?

    Should certain disabilities, as in real life, greatly affect how they go along their day to day?

    Should, like in real life, there be machines and objects constructable to make that sim or those sims, able to go further?

    If you want this feature, what would you WANT to see and WHY do you want it?

    If you don’t want this feature, WHY and WHAT about it makes you uncomfortable?

    Let’s keep this civil and nice, every simmers thoughts and ideas are respected, all I ask is that we keep in tune with each other and avoid arguments, if you don’t like this thread, you can easily walk away and rid yourself of the upsetting content, there’s no need to attack other gamers.

    On the topic personal wants for the game, this subject is interesting and personally, a want, I like my game to be as real as possible so obviously the idea of a sim or sims appearing with physical, mental or perhaps simply internal or external differences are a must, also I myself suffer with an ever present arm injury as well as anxiety and PTSD, so as to watch a sim version of myself or even watch a sim like myself, in a similar condition or mindset, is somewhat comforting, or would be, as I am still accepting myself in my circumstance, I would like to see how a sim goes about this as well, th struggles, ups and downs, self acceptance and perseverance or simply lack of will to continue on because they themselves feel so downtrodden and unwell they experience the urge to lay in bed all day and heal that way.

    When I saw these tweets and answers and YouTube videos a little lightbulb went off in my head, as much as I’m excited for university life or the upcoming gamepacks consisting of what have you, the idea of disabilities and having my sims be even more real than they have been the last four years brings me more joy and relief than seasons, pets and whatever else is planned for the future as again, it brings forth a realism that is hard to accept but also very grounding.

    Maybe that’s not for you, but for me, it’s a feature I feel the sims needs, but that’s just my feeling.

    So I leave you to comment, again, please respect each other and myself, everyone here is listened to and if anything upsets or unsettles you, the exit is that way and there are cookies on the table, take as many as you’d like.

    Have a good day and happy simming ❤️

    First off I think that we should have the option to play a disabled sim. It should be something we choose in CAS like vampires and aliens but we should have it was an option right off. For example, if I had the option to have a household of sims who I could give disabilities, conditions etc. I probably would. Like one being diabetic and having to take insulin and maybe they have to go to dialysis 3 times a week for half the day making it hard for them to have an ordinary life.. Maybe another is autistic another hearing impaired and another using a white cane I would. However, it should be an option. THere are plenty of custom traits out there that give sims health problems mental disorders and a wide array of disabilities. However, I don't think its something that should be forced upon simmers. Some simmers might not want a household with their kid has Downs and the other with Sickle cell and the mom is autistic. I would love this myself because it would give some flavour to the game that it so lacks. The only thing I would really want is for it not to break the game the way seasons did. I am still having a ton of problems thanks to Seasons and I don't even own the pack.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 31,805 Member
    edited September 2018
    So having just come back from seeing a YouTube video based on sim guru grants twitter reply to a question about the idea of sims having a disability in game, I wanted to know what YOU, The simmers, had to say this subject.

    @Godleyjeans Could you please link to the youtube video (PM me if need be). In the mean time I'm going to answer your questions. You can find my answers quite long but I had over 4+ years of thinking about this


    Also, if they were to add such a feature to the game, what would you want to see? Or not want to, if There were options.
    Wheelchairs (hopefully different kinds-ie Manual and electric), Walker? visually impaired, and hearing impaired. Asthma. This also includes prosthetics I'm a little picky about calling a broken arm or leg a disability. I think that should be a separate thing
    How would your sims live and what would the feature entail?
    For all disabled sims if you have the Cats&Dogs EP you can "get" a service dog. For hearing impaired sims there would need to be a visually fire alarm and other visually stuff. For a visually impaired sim who is um "Fresh" to the game save the sim can call for a "service person"-until they know their way around and lots of audio alarms. Would be nice to see some wheelchair height garden boxes, Wheel in sit down showers/bath combos. bed with railings. Separate stoves/oven combos (for wheelchair sims). counts that your wheelchair sim can wheel under. Canes? Scooters


    Disabled sports? ie: Wheelchair basketball, etc

    Additional note:
    For non-disabled sims with the C&D EP they can be a "puppy" family and train a dog for being a service dog


    How would family and friends be around that sim?
    Depends on their traits. Also if you're "telling" a story. But since most sims don't really bat an eye when they discover so-and-so's partner is the same sex. Or they don't bat an eye when discovering X is an alien. Most sims would probably just see what the sim CAN do and not what they can't.
    Would the disabilities be mental? physical? Both?
    I sort of talked about this up above. Physically mostly but I wouldn't mind if there was also mental. Where would diabetes be under? "other"?
    Would there be a toggle option?
    Yes since if this was to be in a patch-which I assume it would be. The people who don't want it can toggle it off

    Should certain disabilities, as in real life, greatly affect how they go along their day to day?
    So I'm assuming you're talking about what some disabled people call "spoon theory". Like for instance one day you might only need 1 spoon to do a task. But another day you might need at least 5 spoons to do the same task. But it depends on the Sim's disability


    Should, like in real life, there be machines and objects constructable to make that sim or those sims, able to go further?
    I wouldn't mind seeing the idea Grant had about stairs turning into ramps. Also elevators we can put into buildings ourselves. I think a stair lift thing would be a nice idea. Hearing aids. Also maybe this means they can actually fix the glasses business (I hate when my simself went to work the simself wouldn't have glasses but all the rest of the simself's outfits did)

    If you want this feature, what would you WANT to see and WHY do you want it?
    I basically said in all the above questions what I would want to see if this was implemented. Why do I want to see it? I think my version of Utopia is lacking when you can have anything but disabled sims- and when anyone baby-elder can become disabled at any point through either genetics or via an accident. Disabled folks are the biggest majority minority in Western society-so why shouldn't that be reflected through a Sims game?



    I have a trailer Idea for it if you're interested-once I remember it!
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
    kikWQMd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top