March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims wearing clothes not available in CAS? - Solved

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
I was giving my sims hot & cold weather outfits and one of my sims was wearing this amazing red leather jacket. I didn’t like it on her but would have quite liked to use it on another sim, but when I looked to see where it was, the jacket wasn’t highlighted and I couldn’t find anything that looked similar, so I took all the filters off, including gender filters. I could still not find it , so I added the Red filter and it still isn’t there. Is this a glitch that other people have seen?
Post edited by GalaxySimsGirl on

Comments

• GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2018
    IF7lE9U.jpg
    here is a picture of the jacket if that helps anybody recognise it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2018
    That jacket is an unused CAS part, meaning it's hidden in side the game and is only accessible to NPC Sims on a random basis. It can't be accessed without a mod that unlocks all CAS parts.

ETA: Here's a link to the mod I use to make hidden CAS parts available. I know you can't use mods on console, but you can find the jacket here and it's a good reference in case you see any other Sims in clothes you don't recognize.

https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/
    LOW wrote: »
    What are the packs and EP you own?
    all the packs for console except Laundry Day and Kids’ Stuff
    That jacket is an unused CAS part, meaning it's hidden in side the game and is only accessible to NPC Sims on a random basis. It can't be accessed without a mod that unlocks all CAS parts.

ETA: Here's a link to the mod I use to make hidden CAS parts available. I know you can't use mods on console, but you can find the jacket here and it's a good reference in case you see any other Sims in clothes you don't recognize.

oh okay thanks so much!
  • DarkrosesimDarkrosesim Posts: 22 Member
    That's not a hidden cas item I have that in my cas all the time it's part of vampires clothing I'm pretty sure not 100% but I am 100% on console thay is a regular cas item I constantly pass it just double check it out maybe filter out to just tops etc in the tops sections
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah I've saw that jacket I actually saw it when I was going through the cas items after the update
    oh really?? weird... maybe it was just a glitch and it wasn’t highlighted.
    thanks for all your help!
    still can’t find the jacket - i filtered under vampires and it’s not thrre and have scrolled through very slowly to see. What items of clothing is it normally next to ?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited September 2018
    still can’t find the jacket - i filtered under vampires and it’s not thrre and have scrolled through very slowly to see. What items of clothing is it normally next to ?

Try filtering it under red color and leather material and maybe you'll find it.
    I'll try to find it too and report back.
    Report: No, I didn't find it. It looked so familiar so I thought it was that jacket that was released with a patch. So I don't know what to tell about the jacket. Maybe it's a career reward...
    ok thanks
    i can’t find it it has a jacket from city living, 2 tops from Vintage Glamour, a jacket from cool kitchen stuff and three base game jackets, none of which are the leather one i saw yesterday
    When I go on and play soon I will try and find it and see what it is under for the only clothes you won't see in cas are the ones that are career locked and you can unlock them in the careers etc so I will help you soon I am just gonna make some food and then play :)
    When I go on and play soon I will try and find it and see what it is under for the only clothes you won't see in cas are the ones that are career locked and you can unlock them in the careers etc so I will help you soon I am just gonna make some food and then play :)
    lol okay thanks

There's one very similar to it but it's all back that was the one I was thinking of it might be part of a careers thing I'm not sure if there's a cheat for that or not
    Maybe try going to the sims place where you saw it and see if they have it there
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Apparently this jacket has given pc sims players trouble too. I was looking into it, it's a kids Jacket supposedly. Apparently you can only get that jacket though a mod? Sometimes the randomize feature in Cas puts clothing you can't access right away on your sims sometimes? I'm not sure exactly. Try looking for it in kids clothing. Also it seems that a kid from the get together pack wears it.
    Just looked up pictures of the kid, he doesn't wear it.
    I checked, it's not there so ignore everything I said.
    Thanks for all your help everyone, but I think in this case it might be a hidden CAS object.

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i just checked my (pc) version of the game out of curiosity and am not finding that jacket anywhere there, either. even with townie sims that show all unlocks. there are two vaguely similar jackets that i'm putting pictures of, but you can easily see neither is it

the first is from city living, and something this rebellious teen has been wearing basically since that pack came out:
    77438b1dfa32b898d88705e5e9daf5e0.png

the second is a newer release, came with one of the monthly updates, i just don't recall which. you can see that it's got the same cut as the one in the original picture, but is covered in studs, and the color swatches only change the color and pattern on the pocket, one part of the collar, and arm patch:
    c0c3b52d5e6168022386a855c3fe205d.png

...now that i've seen the one in the original picture, i want it for this sim, too...
    (double also, saying it's obviously a woman's jacket because it doesn't mess her chest up the way the ones made for males tend to)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    01OkzQV.png

This jacket randomly generated in CAS on this sim of mine when I was editing the household's hot/cold wear. As you can see, this must be the jacket you speak of. I click on the jacket and no matter what filter or lack of one, it isn't tied to anything unlocked that I've seen. But apparently the gurus tagged it as cold wear so it exists to them in the game but we can't normally access it ourselves. It's a really nice jacket though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Maybe we need to tweet them and get them to make it seen to pc and conse players
  • Cat_Person_101Cat_Person_101 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="GalaxySimsGirl;d-947830"]I was giving my sims hot & cold weather outfits and one of my sims was wearing this amazing red leather jacket. I didn’t like it on her but would have quite liked to use it on another sim, but when I looked to see where it was, the jacket wasn’t highlighted and I couldn’t find anything that looked similar, so I took all the filters off, including gender filters. I could still not find it , so I added the Red filter and it still isn’t there. Is this a glitch that other people have seen?[/quote]

I have the same problem! It’s with this really nice tan suit, it doesn’t show up in CAS bar. It’s sad to see that it’s actually just a hidden item and I can’t keep it, since it’s a very nice suit.