Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite/Least Favorite Items?

What are your favorite and least favorite items? What gameplay do you like/dislike about them?

I love the Cloning Machine right now, it makes things like fungal infusion fertilizer and ambrosia worth it to make since you don’t have to collect all the rare ingredients again.

I dislike the telescope and microscope because They are so big and silly.

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Are the gnomes also an item? Cause I really dislike them. No I hate them :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    I like The Ice Rinks ^^ And, um, don’t care much for all the sofas...
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited September 2018
    I hate how enormous the telescope and microscope are too. I hate that there aren't enough stair options. I really want spiral staircases back and a cool looking staircase for a beautiful grand entrance. I do love the colour wheel for customising our pets.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I like the clear unlockable office chair from GTW. So stylish lol.

I also hate hate the telescope and microscope because of their massive size.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited September 2018
    I will chime in that I also have felt unable to ultilise the microscope and telescope because they are so huge. I did rather like being able to stargaze at home in earlier versions. I think they make some beautiful art/wall prints too -but I’ve not been able to get them for myself. Maybe I’ll raise a Scientist next....

Those holiday gnomes are pure evil. >:)

I am LOVING the kiddie pool from seasons, the instruments in general, playing in the snow and making snowmen, decorating a Christmas (ops WinterFest) tree, food stalls and basketball hoops to name a few.
    Oh and dollhouses and huge stuffed toys.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2018
    I was really hoping to hear: “Oh, I just love the _______, it’s great for _______!”

Like: I love the bubble blower! If you use the ____ flavor then paint it’s a guaranteed masterpiece! (I don’t think the bubble blower does anything like that but that’s sort of the thing I was hoping to hear)

Or like “I love ____ it makes you have triplets if you eat it then Woohoo!”
  • Options
    Well, for some of my favourites
    The kiddie pool cools your adults down in a heatwave and looks super cute when used by toddlers
    The instruments would be great for making money -if the busking station worked better -and makes all sorts of cool sounds/music to listen to while playing your game
    Decorating the tree makes Sims happy and fulfils (as far as I know) the holiday tradtion. Not sure if it helps make sure Father Winter comes. He (Father Winter) can fill up the presents underneath
    Your Sims learn new recipes when eating from the food stalls.
    Basketball hoops help your Sim stay fit/skinny and they have fun and can play socially.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Well, for some of my favourites
    The kiddie pool cools your adults down in a heatwave and looks super cute when used by toddlers
    The instruments would be great for making money -if the busking station worked better -and makes all sorts of cool sounds/music to listen to while playing your game
    Decorating the tree makes Sims happy and fulfils (as far as I know) the holiday tradtion. Not sure if it helps make sure Father Winter comes. He (Father Winter) can fill up the presents underneath
    Your Sims learn new recipes when eating from the food stalls.
    Basketball hoops help your Sim stay fit/skinny and they have fun and can play socially.

I actually have gotten an angry moodlet from decorating the tree every year. It say decorating failed or something like that...
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh I like the cloning machine, too. I’ve been using it to clone rare gems so I could make one of every relic with a rare gem. It did annoy me to discover that you can’t clone the relics or relic bases, though. Or the Omniscan treasures, artifacts, or even feathers!

I also like any +10 energy bed, so my sims spend less time sleeping.

The more expensive talking toilet from City Living may be a bit of an eyesore but I love that my sim can be “sanitized” while using it so it deals with their bladder and hygiene at once.

I like the holiday tree because it makes Winterfest seem more life like.

I love the Wishing Well, because it is good for an unexpected turn of events and it allows me to revive ghosts quickly. I don’t like that it doesn’t recognise the City Living careers though, so if you’re in social media or a politician and it promises you will get promoted you won’t.

I dislike the litter trays because my cat often has trouble finding them and you can’t even call the cat to use it when they need to go.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Sorry to hear that (about the tree) @KirbySkywalker. Did you make sure to put all categories of decorations on?
    I think there are lights, decorations, a garland, a topper and then presents under the tree. My Sims have seemed to really liked it the two WinterFests I’ve had.

I didn’t think about better beds to save sleep before @MaggieMarley. I may have to spend some Simoleons now.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    @NRowe the sims sometimes get an angry moodlet when decorating the holiday tree “from failing to decorate the tree” - basically, they will have put a decoration on slightly wrong e.g. the topper will be leaning to the side. I think it’s random whether this happens or not. If you’ve not seen it yet then you probably got lucky. I think it’s kind of funny.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley @NRowe every Christmas I have a large group decorating the tree so I haven’t noticed what causes it. Thanks for the tips/explanation.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Oh I like the cloning machine, too. I’ve been using it to clone rare gems so I could make one of every relic with a rare gem. It did annoy me to discover that you can’t clone the relics or relic bases, though. Or the Omniscan treasures, artifacts, or even feathers!

I also like any +10 energy bed, so my sims spend less time sleeping.

The more expensive talking toilet from City Living may be a bit of an eyesore but I love that my sim can be “sanitized” while using it so it deals with their bladder and hygiene at once.

I like the holiday tree because it makes Winterfest seem more life like.

I love the Wishing Well, because it is good for an unexpected turn of events and it allows me to revive ghosts quickly. I don’t like that it doesn’t recognise the City Living careers though, so if you’re in social media or a politician and it promises you will get promoted you won’t.

I dislike the litter trays because my cat often has trouble finding them and you can’t even call the cat to use it when they need to go.

Yes, more love for the poor talking toilet - the 'sanitise' option is such a time-saver, and you don't have to cancel out 'wash hands' when Sims go from the toilet directly to the shower. And bad beds are a big dislike - all the beds that would fit my decor seem to have ratings of 6 or less. For a kid, I'll do a 5, since it seems logical that kids should sleep a bit more, but I never give my teens and adults less than an 8.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I was really hoping to hear: “Oh, I just love the _______, it’s great for _______!”

Like: I love the bubble blower! If you use the ____ flavor then paint it’s a guaranteed masterpiece! (I don’t think the bubble blower does anything like that but that’s sort of the thing I was hoping to hear)

Seriously?! Then you should have asked that. You asked what items people liked and disliked. You didn't specify that you didn't were looking for items that give game cheats. And you didn't share any in your initial post, so why would they assume that that is what you wanted?
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Love the wind chimes.
    Hate the cupcake machine because really? Seriously? Whose dumb idea was it to FORCE players to purchase that monstrosity just to bake a batch of cupcakes?
  • Options

Seriously?! Then you should have asked that. You asked what items people liked and disliked. You didn't specify that you didn't were looking for items that give game cheats. And you didn't share any in your initial post, so why would they assume that that is what you wanted?

I’m not saying anybody had a bad answer, or an answer I didn’t want. Or that there is a right or wrong answer.

I’m just saying I wish there was more answers about interactive objects.

Or maybe a better way to put it would have been: “I wish the game had more deeply interactive objects that people enjoy.”

Sorry if you took it as something personal.
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    I love the terrain paints, if those count... If not, the gnomes are silly and cute. I hate the gramophone...
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    -I love the digital camera because I like decorating my homes with both artistic and family photos.

-I love snowglobes and postcards because I like collecting things and then displaying them.

-I love the rodent cage because there are some super cute animations the rodents do that makes it seem like they're bonding with your sim.

-I love the menorah (I just got Seasons). I incorporated it into my made-up religion.

-I love anything that spawns a worker, like the cafe counter or a bar, because it adds realism and I don't have to somehow supply a pretend employee or make things myself.

-The rock wall machine is awesome; it has some super cool animations and it just looks dramatic in a space. I usually use the bracket cheat to make mine 2 stories high.

-I don't like the bubbleblower because I don't like the fact that people fly into the air when they use it. That just looks so stupid to me. I'd use it if people stayed in their seats.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com