Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the point of fire alarms?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Not sure if it's off topic, it does anyone know if the stove vents actually thing too? other then decoration? Swear I heard it turn on when there was a stove fire once, but I'm pretty sure that was a house that I remembered to put a sprinkler system into. So it just may have been my imagination.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Melmack wrote: »
    Not sure if it's off topic, it does anyone know if the stove vents actually thing too? other then decoration? Swear I heard it turn on when there was a stove fire once, but I'm pretty sure that was a house that I remembered to put a sprinkler system into. So it just may have been my imagination.

I have never had a stove vent work like a stove vent in Sims 4. They are more for decor than anything as far as I can see.

My Sims hardly ever have a fire but I have the sprinkler system in all my sims houses. The only cooking that seems to get my sims in trouble is the cheap grills or the campfires - and even then my sims are good about putting themselves out. I have lost no sims in Sims 4 to fire. But I also make a point of making my sims eat salads and watch the cooking channel while they eat to gain cooking skills easily right off the bat. I don't let them cook until they reach a couple cooking levels.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The wall mounted sprinkler system will work without a fire alarm. I never bother to put in alarms anymore, since they kind of seem pointless. Rather spend that money on the sprinklers. They are well worth it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Imagine your sim is home alone and he/she is on fire. No one can save your sim from the fire, so the sprinklers can do its job.

Not saying that I think we dont need firemen, cause we still need them. The game is so boring and dull without these additions.

You can also direct your Sim to the nearest shower to Extinguish Self, which is why I always have a first floor bathroom not far from the kitchen. (Also good for last minute bladder relief before Sims head out to work/school.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The sim could just leave and the entire house could burn down and the sprinklers are useless.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I feel ya. We need fire fighters.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    The wall mounted sprinkler system will work without a fire alarm. I never bother to put in alarms anymore, since they kind of seem pointless. Rather spend that money on the sprinklers. They are well worth it.

Same here. I never use a fire alarm unless it came with a house I downloaded. Sprinklers work with or without them.

Origin ID: Bosslady216