Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to merge save files? (+ Rename Worlds?)

KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
Hi all,

I had a quick question regarding save files. I've started to look for other people's save files online to add to my own game, and I've found three so far that I really like. (You can check them out properly here, here and here, if you were interested.)

As you can see in the following images, all 3 are (CC Free) renamed, rethemed and completely renovated versions of worlds. The City of Sokken is a Dutch-inspired town that replaces Newcrest, Blyth Harbor is a New Englandish makeover of Willow Creek, while Area 3 is a weird and wonderful replacement for Oasis Springs.

Area 31:
tumblr_of2g8nvgRF1visvpso9_1280.png

Blythe Harbor:
tumblr_oae3zkYty21rcrwvyo1_1280.png

City of Sokken:
sokken-map.png

I was wondering if there was an easy way to 'merge' save files? Both of these save files only change the mentioned worlds. And so, I was wondering, if it was somehow possible to merge these into one save file? So I can play a game with Area 31, Blythe Harbor and the City of Sokken within one save? All three saves don't touch any other world in the slightest, all townies and lots are the way EA originally made them.

I know I can probably save all of the lots/households from two of the saves and then manually replace each lot in the third, however I was just hoping there was an easier or quicker way to do this. However, if I do have to go about it in this manual way... does anyone know how world names are changed? As it'd be slightly annoying to have Area 31 still be named Oasis Springs, etc.

EDIT: Further research has shown most use this mod to rename worlds! It only affects new saves, also, so you have to download the mod, then make the new save, and THEN delete the mod. This way any saves after this should revert back to EA's names, or so is my understanding. Please do let me know if anyone knows any other method, however!

I hope this makes sense ^^

ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You've figured out the naming already. As for save merging, it is not a thing. You'll have to do it manually.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    You've figured out the naming already. As for save merging, it is not a thing. You'll have to do it manually.

Yup. You'll have to save all the houses in your gallery, then replace them in a new save. There is no quicker way to do that, unfortunatelly.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Your towns look super cool! Did you do any of the other worlds?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You don’t need to delete the mod. You just have to change the names back to the original for next save , change them again for another and so on.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2018
    Your towns look super cool! Did you do any of the other worlds?

I didn't make any of the three, unfortunately I am nowhere near that talented. Check out the links to be directed to the download/information pages for each of the towns. They're on the tumblrs of their original creators, and they've all done other worlds too! The links are here, here and here.
    You don’t need to delete the mod. You just have to change the names back to the original for next save , change them again for another and so on.

Ah, I didn't think of that! Thank you, that's helpful.
    Karon wrote: »

Yup. You'll have to save all the houses in your gallery, then replace them in a new save. There is no quicker way to do that, unfortunatelly.

Ah, I thought so. Well, thank you both for confirming my suspicions. I'm off to go to try save a load of lots x_x

ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€