Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death Fish

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
Has anyone ever succeeded in catching the death fish in IP? My sim went to the graveyard and stayed at the fishing hole from midnight until 5 AM, but the death fish never showed up. Is there something wrong with that graveyard that prevents it from showing up?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are 2 graveyards in IP. I don't recall off hand if either or both have a fish spawner or not, nor whether I ever had sims catch a death fish there. I suggest you investigate in a new game with buydebug to see where the death fish spawners are. I played a mermaid family, living on a houseboat, for a long while in IP. However I don't recall attempting to fish for death fish while playing there. I do recall 2 graveyards though.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    Put the Wishing Well in any town you use.It is a catch all fish anytime spot.Can catch a death fish,robot fish,even can be your first cast no level required for anything it throws all fishing rules out the window.

But if you go to the graveyard death fish spawn there the one near the science lab.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2018
    @TreyNutz The graveyard where she was is the one with the death fish spawner. The smaller graveyard doesn't have one. I checked with MC to make sure, even though I could tell it was by how it was functioning when the death fish wasn't present. When she got there, inspecting the water said it was a decent place to fish, and the only fish listed were the vampire fish and red herring. That's what the death fish spawner always says during the time when the death fish isn't present, and it's the only one that ever gives that result. And MC confirmed it.

@CravenLestat I make my sims learn the proper bait for all fish by catching them with the proper bait. I do fishing a lot, so I have them all memorized. If she can catch death fish in the wishing well, with angelfish, and it will register in her skill log that she has learned the bait, it's good enough. I'll try that as soon as I get into my game again. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to wait until I send her to Bridgeport to catch the LN fish, unless University has a graveyard with a death fish spawner. She's going to be leaving for Uni in two sim days. I'll be sending her angelfish with her, just in case.

If other players' sims have caught death fish there, then I guess the spawner is just glitching out in my game.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I've caught death fish at the graveyard in IP that CravenLestat mentioned.
    @RedShoe7 Thanks. I guess it is a glitch in my game then. So my sim will probably have to fish for the death fish somewhere else.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Just now went in game,Oceanview Cemetery Isla Paradiso

12:27 AM

6hhsog.png

wcfwur.png

Right after cast again caught a second one fast

2mcsigp.png

Use angelfish I go between midnight and 4 in the morning.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Yes, it must be glitched in my game. I always send my sims to the cemetery at midnight, and they fish until they've caught six fish. Then the death fish disappears. But this time, the death fish never came at all. I know what it looks like when it comes, but I had her inspect it repeatedly anyway, and it really was not there.

I placed the wishing well on Pirate Island, on the same lot where I had placed the surfing wave station, so she could kill two birds with one stone. So I found out she can't fish with bait, which makes it useless. I had her master scuba diving before she started fishing, so she had already caught a lot of the "fishing" fish, but once she started fishing she had to catch them again anyway, by fishing with bait, because that is one of my goals for all sims I have doing the fishing skill.

She is ready to go to university. I don't remember for sure, but I think there is a graveyard somewhere there. If so, she's going to catch her death fish there. Hopefully, it won't be afflicted with the same glitch.