Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing to father winter is time wasting.

I have a family of 7 sims incl a toddler. They each have to introduce themselves (excpt toddler) before they can ask for a present. By which time they end up in a group conversation and trying to ask for a present is taking far too much time for all the sims. On top of that my toddler will ask for a present, fw nods and then nothing, he doesn't give him one and the goal is not met.
At the end of his 3hr visit 1 sim didn't even get to introduce himself and couldn't ask for a present and the toddler must have asked for one 5 times at least and still didn't get one.

At the very least his visit should be a bit longer or cut out the need for introducing as it is a nightmare for a big family.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I noticed last time I was playing a big family, who also couldn't manage to all get a present, that at the end Father Winter refilled the presents under the tree (they had already opened them). So at least he didn't leave without them getting any present at all. Just wasn't that personal, but hej Santa is a busy man too right
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I never thought about it because I'm playing with a small family. I kinda agree that it could be frustrating for a big Sims family just to get the routine/goal met, but ended up, not getting the gift and feeling sad soon after.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    I noticed last time I was playing a big family, who also couldn't manage to all get a present, that at the end Father Winter refilled the presents under the tree (they had already opened them). So at least he didn't leave without them getting any present at all. Just wasn't that personal, but hej Santa is a busy man too right

Yeah I guess it isn't that much of a big deal as Santa leaves presents anyway but that doesn't allow you to complete the goal which is very frustrating and especially the poor toddler who only has 2 goals to begin with lol.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    That happened to one of my sims toddlers too - poor little thing must have asked 10 times. I was ready to beat up Father Winter for being so mean to the toddler that was trying so hard to stay up to get his present but ran our of time! One other sim in the family, besides the toddler, did not have time to ask for a present either. I totally agree that the introductions first take up way too much time in big families. It would also be nice if he came earlier so toddlers would not have to try to stay up late for him.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    There must be a glitch with toddlers asking for a present from Father Winter because I had the same issue with many toddlers. :/
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    You have to be careful when chatting with Father Winter. If your Sim ends up befriending him, they'll get invited out a lot!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I always delete Father Winter after the holiday is over.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    You have to be careful when chatting with Father Winter. If your Sim ends up befriending him, they'll get invited out a lot!

While for my case, every time I have a house call (My doctor Sims), Father Winter is one of the patients. :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    That happened to one of my sims toddlers too - poor little thing must have asked 10 times. I was ready to beat up Father Winter for being so mean to the toddler that was trying so hard to stay up to get his present but ran our of time! One other sim in the family, besides the toddler, did not have time to ask for a present either. I totally agree that the introductions first take up way too much time in big families. It would also be nice if he came earlier so toddlers would not have to try to stay up late for him.

I wonder if sending the toddler to have a nap then waking him or her up when Father Winter arrives would work. Haven't gotten there in any of my saves yet.
    And yes, group cnversations can really slow things down with big families. Usually I'll cancel the gruop convo which lets the action I wanted finally occur. I'll have to see if it works on Father Winter too.
    image.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @TresaofPern I finally cheated the toddlers needs and still no gold - think it is a glitch with toddlers.
    I do cancel any conversations but, other than toddlers, all other sims have to introduce themselves to Father Winter before they can ask for a present and that takes up the time in large families (and many of us know how canceled interactions really don't cancel or take forever to). Think they should do away with the introductions or the dude should just come earlier and stay longer and they should fix the toddler glitch - really felt bad for the poor pixelated little guy :(
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    If that's the case, then I definitely agree on both points. Too bad we probably can,not just have our families meet him before the holiday and save time. We would have to find him first.
    image.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I always delete Father Winter after the holiday is over.

I couldn't do that in my save because my Sim got frisky in the closet and he's the father of her twin boys (Nicky and Kris). B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wish the goal would be completed once he arrives and refills the tree with presents. I am considering removing him from the holiday like the the flower bunny.

I think they should have had something like leave cookies out for Father Winter and Father Winter added presents to the tree, instead of having to interact with him by begging for presents that he is going to leave under the tree anyway to complete the goal.