Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing Workday Tasks

I was wondering if Workday Tasks for participatory Careers (Scientist, Doctor, Detective) can be swapped out somehow. This is especially a concern with the Scientist Career. They frequently ask impossible things. Sometimes I'm expected to craft a device or serum that I don't have access to the ingredients for. Sometimes I'll be expected to socialize with a particular Sim but when I get around to it, they've already left the lot but the task is still on the list. At times like this, it would be nice to be able to refresh the list. Does anyone know if and how this can be done?
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Not that I am aware of. What I have done in the past, is if I see the person with whom my Sim is supposed to socialize with, I drop all that's in his queue in favor of having that directed interaction. If I can't find an ingredient, I let it slide to the next workday. I have completed this career, so it's not impossible.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The few times I couldn't do it I took it as a day that they didn't quite do as well... because it's so rare that it happens. I know with the can't make the serum one I racked my brain then just bought the seed packs.. think I needed spinach that time. (Right now plants can't be harvested at the science lab for me .. some kind of bug so I'm bringing the plants from home). Otherwise it mostly asks me for things I can do and do easily. Sometimes I don't want to do what it asks though.. so I try everything else first and hope the new ones that appear I want to do more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    I was wondering if Workday Tasks for participatory Careers (Scientist, Doctor, Detective) can be swapped out somehow. This is especially a concern with the Scientist Career. They frequently ask impossible things. Sometimes I'm expected to craft a device or serum that I don't have access to the ingredients for. Sometimes I'll be expected to socialize with a particular Sim but when I get around to it, they've already left the lot but the task is still on the list. At times like this, it would be nice to be able to refresh the list. Does anyone know if and how this can be done?

You should be able to get most of the ingredients. There are interactions with coworkers to ask for a metal or a crystal, and you get elements by analyzing them, or by practicing analysis. You can't always get all of them, but usually it's enough to at least complete one task for another to come up.
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    It's usually plants for serums that tend to be the hardest to come by. The lab's planters and computers won't let me buy seed packs except a few in "Purchase Gift..." (which never seem to give me what I happen to need, no matter how many I buy). I've completed the career myself a few times, I know it's not impossible. However, getting stacked with tasks that can't be accomplished that day slows down my Performance build-up, which needlessly delays promotions.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is why all my Scientists just happen to also be Excellent Gardeners at home.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    All my Sims are good gardeners, I just don't like the idea of clogging my inventory with tons of collectables on top of what they already carry. It gets very cluttered and difficult to find anything. Plus, one of my Scientists lives in an apartment. Not much space for gardening on the balcony.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    All my Sims are good gardeners, I just don't like the idea of clogging my inventory with tons of collectables on top of what they already carry. It gets very cluttered and difficult to find anything. Plus, one of my Scientists lives in an apartment. Not much space for gardening on the balcony.

Well if your not opposed to the MOO cheat I have been able to place the planters inside using it. If you even have the space for it inside.. Just a tip I thought I would pass along. :smile:
  • Options
    I use the Move Objects cheat now and then. I try to avoid it most times as it can create inconveniences when redecorating. Of course, if the apartment is low ceiling, some seeds won't sprout in the first place. It's always challenging, navigating a complex system. Both a charm and a curse of the Sims universe. Nothing's perfect, but it would be nice if they let us at least switch up goals if we're stuck.
    9ndehwc.png