Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there such a mod? Plus another random question...

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
Hi!

Is there a mod where I can have more than 8 sims in a household like mods in The Sims 3 and 4? Plus I forgot but is there a cheat to influence the gender of a baby?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I use Boiling Oil's Unlimited Sims for a larger household. I can't link though because the forum hates Leefish :'( You should have no issue finding it though.

No cheat to influence the gender of babies. All you can do is save just as the sim is going into labor, let the sim have the baby, if it is not the gender you want, exit without saving and reload. The gender is not determined until just before birth, so you can just keep trying again.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Jules, Is this mod just for born in game Sims on the lot? Is there not anymore mods that can let us add more Sims to household, do they have to be born on the lot? Do you think the vistingSims cheat would allow us to move in more Sims? I'm still looking for one that let's us add others to the lot instead of having more kids.

ETA: I have eleven Sims who are all related in a story but to continue the story they are all supposed to live in the same house. I have been moving one, or two in and out etc. so I can continue the gameplay but it gets annoying. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Jules, Is this mod just for born in game Sims on the lot? Is there not anymore mods that can let us add more Sims to household, do they have to be born on the lot? Do you think the vistingSims cheat would allow us to move in more Sims? I'm still looking for one that let's us add others to the lot instead of having more kids.

ETA: I have eleven Sims who are all related in a story but to continue the story they are all supposed to live in the same house. I have been moving one, or two in and out etc. so I can continue the gameplay but it gets annoying. lol

If you want to also add sims from neighborhood view, you need to make a userstartup.cheat file, if you don't already have one, in addition to the mod.

In the userstartup.cheat file, you want to put the lines as follows. (If you already have a cheat file, make sure these are on the top so they load first)

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
    uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
    uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Help with making a file here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Userstartup.cheat

The game may still say it can not add anymore then 8, give it a second and it should go through anyway. :)

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    And nothing can change the limit in CAS, that one is coded too deep for modded to reach, from what I recall reading.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

If you want to also add sims from neighborhood view, you need to make a userstartup.cheat file, if you don't already have one, in addition to the mod.

In the userstartup.cheat file, you want to put the lines as follows. (If you already have a cheat file, make sure these are on the top so they load first)

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
    uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
    uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Help with making a file here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Userstartup.cheat

The game may still say it can not add anymore then 8, give it a second and it should go through anyway. :)

OMG, thank you! I never knew this, I only knew how to use the cheat to allow more Sims over for a visit. You are the best!~
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    And nothing can change the limit in CAS, that one is coded too deep for modded to reach, from what I recall reading.

Oh that's fine, I just needed it for sims to be born :)