Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovatrix: A challenge, story, and building service all in one!

Okay, I had a new idea for a story I can work on even when I'm not up to writing a lot! It's a HIGHLY collaborative idea, and a lot of it depends on people wanting to participate, so I don't know how well it'll go, but here's the teaser...

Maggie Madison, master architect, is tired of her boring old job designing office buildings. She wants fun! Challenge! And, of course, more opportunities to work with people.
So, she's starting a new TV show! On RENOVATRIX, Maggie renovates old homes and designs new ones, all within budget! New house, no furniture? Maggie's got a color scheme! Legacy home getting twisty-windy? She's not afraid to bring in the bulldozers! New paint? New flooring? New kid's room or greenhouse? Maggie's on it! Don't forget – the best part is seeing the looks on homeowner's faces!
Coming soon to a streaming service near you... RENOVATRIX!

The basic idea is that I take build requests or challenges and build them for people to use in their stories! Old, cobbled-together legacy houses or just ready for a shakeup – I work within the household funds to make it shine. Everything I do can be customized by framing it as part of the request. No demolitions? Keep a certain object around? Use only certain packs? Want a certain style? It's all doable! An "episode" of Renovatrix consists of a house tour of the initial phase done by the sims who live there, a midpoint tour of the renovation with Maggie, and a final tour by Maggie where the sims react to their new home! All of it is screenshotted and posted on whichever blog you like. And yes, it will cover apartments.

If anyone wants to sign up for the "pilot", I'd be happy to hear from you! Post here and we can PM about details. Thanks!
41tidg8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Xantheanmar Could I have two types of castles for Gen 8? One that's "dark" (ie cursed) sort-of looks abandoned castle and another one that looks different (non-cursed).. I only want a pool in the back and a garden in the back left and there has to be room for more then at least 8 sets of gravestones (well ok maybe more then that) on the right back side. Oh and both need to have dungeons-in the basement). The only thing I have for the non-cursed castle is yellow has to be a big wall colour scheme. The only pack I don't have is my First Pet
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Xantheanmar Could I have two types of castles for Gen 8? One that's "dark" (ie cursed) sort-of looks abandoned castle and another one that looks different (non-cursed).. I only want a pool in the back and a garden in the back left and there has to be room for more then at least 8 sets of gravestones (well ok maybe more then that) on the right back side. Oh and both need to have dungeons-in the basement). The only thing I have for the non-cursed castle is yellow has to be a big wall colour scheme. The only pack I don't have is my First Pet

OK! This is gonna be fun - I've never done castles before! What lot size?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

60x60 lot in Windenburg (island I mean!)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Great! Should I use the same basic structure for both castles (i.e. should I make a dingy castle and then renovate it, or should I make two completely different castles)?

Also, thanks for the mention on the Friday spotlight!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

Great! Should I use the same basic structure for both castles (i.e. should I make a dingy castle and then renovate it, or should I make two completely different castles)?

Also, thanks for the mention on the Friday spotlight!

maybe the 2nd two different castles since they need to be totally different (oh and before I forget-in the dingy one-could there be a sort of TV in there and also there's need to be at least one guest room and a servant's room since there's going to be one servant-for reasons when the servant isn't working-she will be watching TV for reason)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh sweet. I'd love to participate in this.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to have a starter home made for the next gen of my legacy...

I don't need it until about mid October so we have lots of time to collab.

What info do you need?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to have a starter home made for the next gen of my legacy...

What info do you need?

@Karilan I can work within any constraints – budget, style, size, packs. My favorite is to start with a "run-down" house and then revamp.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018

@Xantheanmar So are you able to do something for a Royal couple?

EDIT: Oh dear. Just realised you're already doing a castle revamp. Maybe a cozy cottage for a Royal couple? XD One for Selvadorada. XD
  • Options

@simscognito Depends. PM me with some more details. I'm probably not going to be able to take on any super big projects, but I can try!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

@simscognito Depends. PM me with some more details. I'm probably not going to be able to take on any super big projects, but I can try!

Just edited my post. But I was thinking a small cozy cottage in Selvadorada.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

They're not your typical royal couple.
    I'm about to have dinner but I'lll pm the details after. XD
  • Options

What info do you need?

@Karilan I can work within any constraints – budget, style, size, packs. My favorite is to start with a "run-down" house and then revamp.

That works perfectly actually! At the start of each generation I have the heir move out on their own, so it's very likely they'd have a bit of a run down house with room for expansion/improvement. I have an old run down house that was unused from a previous generation that you could use, but I'd also be happy to have you build something completely new!

The only constraint would be that the lot is purchasable with 20,000 simoleons. Furnishing isn't required but would be acceptable, as the heir often leaves with some valuable items in their personal inventory to sell off after they move. I won't know WHICH child is heir for a while but if you wanted a sense of style I could describe all 3 and you can see if you can find a happy medium between all 3? Or just set the house up like a show home!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Xantheanmar I just uploaded a lot named "Bargain Home" under username Karilan. You're welcome to use it, remodel it, or save it for future customers! It's the type of home I set up as a run down sort of lot a new heir might move into.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

I'm about to have dinner but I'll pm the details after. XD

Oooh. Tiiiiiiny problem with that – I don't have JA. Sorry. I can do a cozy cottage Seasons or CaD style, or even something a little more Get Together, but Selvadorada is where I hit the paywall. (For the moment at least. I like the look, so I'll get it someday, but for now no can do.)
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Oooh. Tiiiiiiny problem with that – I don't have JA. Sorry. I can do a cozy cottage Seasons or CaD style, or even something a little more Get Together, but Selvadorada is where I hit the paywall. (For the moment at least. I like the look, so I'll get it someday, but for now no can do.)

Oh that's alright. Maybe a cottage in Oasis Springs?
    It's alright if you don't want to do it. I'm just really not fussed where the cottage is. They have properties everywhere. :joy:
  • Options
    @Xantheanmar I just uploaded a lot named "Bargain Home" under username Karilan. You're welcome to use it, remodel it, or save it for future customers! It's the type of home I set up as a run down sort of lot a new heir might move into.

OK – I'm gonna shoot a "house tour" with Maggie and upload the photos to my blog. Do you want to help draft the "episode"?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

It's alright if you don't want to do it. I'm just really not fussed where the cottage is. They have properties everywhere. :joy:

Great! Would you like an existing property renovated or a new one built? I can do a Maxis reno, reno something off of the gallery, or build something new!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

Great! Would you like an existing property renovated or a new one built? I can do a Maxis reno, reno something off of the gallery, or build something new!

Hmm.... What do you like doing the best?
  • Options

I'm big on renos, mainly because I tend to build in squares, but I can build something fresh if you like.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

I'm big on renos, mainly because I tend to build in squares, but I can build something fresh if you like.

Nah that's cool. I'll make something seriously rundown for you. It'll be fun. XD
  • Options

Nah that's cool. I'll make something seriously rundown for you. It'll be fun. XD

Hehe. Thanks!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

OK – I'm gonna shoot a "house tour" with Maggie and upload the photos to my blog. Do you want to help draft the "episode"?

I'm happy to help! As I said, I won't have the heir ready for a while so there is no rush!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

I'm happy to help! As I said, I won't have the heir ready for a while so there is no rush!

Great! I'm adding SamAsASim to my blog as an editor. The draft is clearly labled as the Renovatrix pilot. Also, for story purposes, what town does the house need to be in?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    That house is currently in Willow Creek right across from the house that the girls currently live in as teenagers. :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg