Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with fire station

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
So one of my Sims is a fireman. Three times now a fire alarm has gone off and three times, it stops before any of the fireman reach the firetruck. My sims is getting promotions (he's at level 3 now). I thought maybe the problem was because the parking spot for the truck was showing along the edge of the fire station facing the street. So I edited the town and flipped it. Now the fire truck is hanging out of the garage and my sim can't maintain it.

Any ideas on what's going on? My Sim has the LTW to be a Fireman Super Hero. He needs to get busy if he's going to make that one!

Update: There was an emergency and I clicked the truck to respond. My sim RAN to the emergency location and took care of some monster in a school. So there has to be a problem with how the fire station or truck is located.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The firefighting career has been glitched right from the start, and they never fixed it. It's nearly impossible at the lower levels to get to the small fires, because they will be canceled by the time your sim gets to the fire truck. Someone else posted in the last week or two that they bulldozed and replaced the fire station, and it worked fine for them after that. You did that, but you should have put the fire station back the way it was.

I don't know if it was replacing the fire station that fixed things for the other player. It could have been just that their sim was higher in the career by then. The bigger fires that come with a higher level don't glitch like the small fires. Someone said in the past that the small fires drop because the residents of the house put it out themselves. Maybe that's correct, and it was actually designed to be that way. If it was, I think it was a bad idea.

Maybe someone else can give you some suggestions on dealing with the situation. It's been a long time since I played a firefighter, because as glitchy as it was, I felt that once was enough. Until someone can make some better suggestions, there are other things sims can do to increase their job performance and advance in the firefighter career. You might need to have them do those things a lot until they get to a high enough level to get the bigger fires.