Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could someone explain how the gallery filters work?

Upon googling, I know it said something about being inclusive instead of exclusive.But Forgive me, I'm not good at comprehending apparently, I don't understand what they mean.

I don't own seasons and the gallery is showing me a boat load of lots all with season items in it, no matter if I leave seasons checked or seasons unchecked.The only time it doesn't show me seasons lots is when I set the filter to base game.:/

Forgive me if this has already been asked many times, I just didn't completely understand what they were trying to say on the ea forums.So if I don't want to see seasons am I suppose to leave it checked or unchecked?

Comments

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited September 2018
    This has been a problem for a very long while. The filters don't do anything really in my personal experience.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2018
    From SimGuruQARobo:
    If I'm understanding the topic correctly, I believe this is by design. The pack filters are intended to be inclusive rather than exclusive. In other words, they will display any gallery items that include those packs, regardless of whether other, unselected packs are also included in the item.

I don't really know how to put it in other words. It means exactly what it says; if you have a pack checked it'll show lots with the pack. Last time I checked, it also shows lots that don't have the pack. So in a practical sense, the answer to your question "How do the gallery filters work?" is "They don't."
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    From SimGuruQARobo:
    If I'm understanding the topic correctly, I believe this is by design. The pack filters are intended to be inclusive rather than exclusive. In other words, they will display any gallery items that include those packs, regardless of whether other, unselected packs are also included in the item.

I don't really know how to put it in other words. It means exactly what it says; if you have a pack checked it'll show lots with the pack.

That's a bit ridiculous if you don't have all the packs... what's the point?
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    From SimGuruQARobo:

I don't really know how to put it in other words. It means exactly what it says; if you have a pack checked it'll show lots with the pack. Last time I checked, it also shows lots that don't have the pack. So in a practical sense, the answer to your question "How do the gallery filters work?" is "They don't."

So Basically you can't filter out the lots with items you don't own.Yeah I have Get to work checked as I own it and shows the lots, but I unchecked seasons as I don't own them, but still shows them.In other words a poorly designed filter LOL.

Thank you, I understood it better with how you put it.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think I get it; lots with GTW checked will show up, but will still include ones you don't own, like Seasons, but will not look for lots that didn't have GTW used on them...I get it, but it's nonsense.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm more having a problem in that my hashtag searching is no longer working. It used to be that I'd use the hashtag teenwolf to get fandom related sims. Only recently when I try and download sims, it no longer seems to work.
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, the filters don't filter out content. So, if you don't own every single DLC (which, most people don't) you'll get houses/lots that contain items you don't own. It's really a backwards system and extremely frustrating. When I use the filters, the results SHOULD only be of properties containing content from the DLC I have selected. I mean, that makes the most sense.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Daleylife
    That's how I thought they were suppose to work.I mean when I select base game only, it filters out everything but the base game, but as soon as you tick one expansion,it includes lots with all expansions.Really don't get their concept here.Why have filters if its just gonna show everything anyway.

@liliaeth
    That's another issue, when I search terms or hashtags nothing shows up.

@paradiseplanet
    I get it now to, but it is nonsense.
  • Options
    And now the gallery seems to be down for me.XD
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    From SimGuruQARobo:

I don't really know how to put it in other words. It means exactly what it says; if you have a pack checked it'll show lots with the pack.

That's a bit ridiculous if you don't have all the packs... what's the point?

It is ridiculous. It's a filter that doesn't actually, you know, filter.

I have never run across a filter, either in online stores or gaming, that doesn't exclude unchecked items. But nope, here comes TS4's filter, which shows items that include the packs I have selected, even if they contain things from packs I have unchecked. Awesome.

Logic would say that entire reason I'm checking those little boxes is because those are the packs I own. Why would I want to see gallery items that have objects from packs I don't own?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @So_Money Maybe a cleverly disguised way of getting people to buy the packs? XD
    Its really annoying because I'm being flooded with seasons lots.I don't get the purpose of the filters at all.

Edit: Also my library is completely empty, I had lots saved there and now there gone...
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    @So_Money Maybe a cleverly disguised way of getting people to buy the packs? XD
    Its really annoying because I'm being flooded with seasons lots.I don't get the purpose of the filters at all.
    I think I'd pick a word without the complimentary connotations of "cleverly," because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is.