Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP should I add next?

I am ready (I think) to add a new EP. I own them all but haven't installed them yet as I like to take things slowly.
My sims don't work so my decision won't be based on new careers. As much as I love animals in RL, I can't say I need another sim (even in cute furry form) to care for so my decision won't be based on the addition of animals either.
I would like opinions based on the activities that each EP brings so please bear this in mind when voting.
So, which EP do you think adds the best activities?

Which EP should I add next? 61 votes

Showtime
50%
Akl500PnolurkAnmirlaJazzypooMikezumiJoAnne65SimplyJenGabbyGirlJSPARKY1922becomingjennRsandaCravenLestatBettyboop55Sindocatbecks1112Sigzy05xxnearlyperfectxcocoZeeGeejordand 31 votes
Pets
49%
EvalenEarcatAmphoraRadioAChickenCororoncwaddelljillbglisasc360NotSoLuckyannaliese39CXonor13MadDoctor61Olivesplum06king_of_simcity7MoonandStars83BreazonaOriginalMaraRedShoe7YuriTheCreatorGoulsquash 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Showtime
    It just occurred to me that I need to vote in order to see the results, so I said Showtime not because I am leaning that way but because I have no clue and it was first on the list :D
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2018
    Showtime
    So, I'm going to start by saying that Pets is my personal favorite out of the two and it includes one of my favorite expansion towns, however if you're mostly interested in new activities, I think Showtime probably has a little bit more to offer. Pets comes with a TON of new stuff and activities, but the majority of them are pet-related.

On the other hand, Showtime has a lot of fun extras that you don't need to be in a Showtime career to enjoy. Like the pool table, skee ball, mini golf, karaoke, etc. So, if you're just looking for extra activities and items and not the core features of the expansion (i.e. the animals or the professions) I'd recommend Showtime over Pets.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Pets
    I personally prefer Pets because of the different content it adds to the game. Admittedly it is mostly my favorite for the objects like clutter decor or furniture. My laptop hates the furry pets with a passion (think...hairless, leather-ey monsters of doom :s ) so I keep them out of my game through the use of Nraas' Register. I've lately taken up the minor pets like parrots or turtles or fishies; they are very fun activities for the simmies with no hassle that having a cat, dog or horse may bring.

Nevertheless, I could also see why Showtime would be preferable because it does indeed bring more activities to the table. But it's almost like an add-on for Late Night so it's not one that would ever be on the top of any of my lists. Lol.

It's really all up to you. But my vote is still for Pets :)
  • Options
    KitkatSarrKitkatSarr Posts: 1 New Member
    Showtime
    I like showtime out of those two the best.I enjoy the new venues and careers, and actually would love to do a singing career myself.But that's just me.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Showtime
    Whichever one I bought you!! ;);):kissing_heart:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Whichever one I bought you!! ;);):kissing_heart:

Good choice LOL.
  • Options
    Showtime
    @GabbyGirlJ The Showtime activities do sound like fun! Thanks for your input :)

@Amphora Thanks for voting :) I don't decorate (because I can't :p ) so objects are neither here no there for me but I understand we all play the game in our own style :)
    I would definitely control animals with MC if I do go with Pets because my laptop would explode! ;)

@KitkatSarr Thanks for voting :) My sims don't work so careers are of no interest to me. I hope you have fun if you do try the singing career :)

@Charlottesmom You gave me ITF and IP and they are not on the list! LOL *hugs* Which of these two would you recommend I install first?

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Showtime
    Pets is my favorite but I think Showtime adds more activities
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Showtime
    @Mikezumi , I remembered ITF but couldn’t remember the other one. :wink:

Out of the two you listed I voted Showtime, as I think there is much more to do, but I know your SS would Love having a pet kitty at some point so pets is obviously a good choice too. :smiley:
  • Options
    Showtime
    @ZeeGee Thank you for voting :) I think I am now leaning towards Showtime :)

@Charlottesmom I cannot allow my SS to go the crazy old cat lady route because that was my ambition before I became a mother and priorities changed. Now my boy is of legal age, it might be easy to regress to my earlier cat lady ways and seeing my SS living the dream might tip the balance ;)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2018
    Showtime
    Showtime no question easy choice

Diva Trait or better known as,I like to slap people I do not like trait

Genies

Acrobats

Magicians

Singers

Born to cook LTR "Awesome reward"

Karaoke <3

Dominoes

Golf Driving range

Mechanical bull

Gyroscopic conductor

DJ booths

<3

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Showtime
    @CravenLestat What does the Born to Cook LTR do? My SS loves to cook (when she's not wishing for a butler ;) ), so this might be my cup of tea :)
    Not sure I want sims going around slapping each other for no reason! :o although it could be fun as long as my sims are not being slapped :p
    I think you have sold Showtime to me! I had totally forgotten about the mechanical bull and I am sure I would love to see my sims using it :)
  • Options
    Showtime
    @mikezumi Say you cook a meal that is normal quality it goes to nice

if it was outstanding goes to perfect

meals go to the next level of quality which means of course better moodlets and you stay full longer

So many cooking related things that are stackable this is just one that adds to it.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Showtime
    @CravenLestat Then it won't much difference in my game. All my sims cook perfect meals right from the start because I use the culinary career fridge, a good stove and perfect ingredients. Still, the other stuff definitely sold me! Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Showtime
    @mikezumi Example

Natural cook +

Perfectionist +

Born to cook LTR +

Menu maven Challenge completed =

4 stackable buffs to meal quality so you basically churn out perfect food :p Without the culinary fridge

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Showtime
    @Mikezumi Forcing you to watch this or else :rage: How can you not love Showtime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_xGjG_DBd4

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Showtime
    That was only a few acrobat things,I made lots of videos,they do the big ball tricks and ride inside the flaming hoop,do backflips etc

Again just acrobat but different stuff filmed during actual big show venue :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZObTC1K9ais

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Showtime
    @CravenLestat Another fun video! :) I don't like my sims to work but it's good to know what they can do :)
  • Options
    Showtime
    I just installed Showtime and opened one of my test makeover saves. Morty seemed to enjoy the Karaoke machine and the Mechanical Bull :D
    43491528935_bf4432f6fc_o.jpg
    44399208451_5c8b8af60d_o.jpg
    44399208021_5c3269658c_o.jpg
    43491526995_6835b61961_o.jpg
    44399207051_e371a98bff_o.jpg
    43491525705_8e5316847b_o.jpg
    43491524405_986f6ebb69_o.jpg
    44399203911_4b07ebf8cd_o.jpg
    I think he approved of his new hair too :)
    42590300960_7d628da093_o.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Showtime
    It’s so exciting that you still have new content to experience for the first time! :blush:

I was having a hard time trying to remember what content (excluding careers and pets) came with the packs. But reading through everyone else’s comments gave me newfound respect for Showtime. There are some fun activities that came with that EP! Looks like you’re already enjoying it too. I can particularly see your sims having a lot of fun with the karaoke machine :smile:
  • Options
    Showtime
    @coco Thanks :) It is exciting that I still have lots of new content to explore but also worrying because I do it so slowly that computers might not be able to play TS3 by the time I get around to trying them all ;)
    I agree that the karaoke machine will play a huge part in my future saves. I think it might be a little anachronous for my current RH save but that doesn't mean I won't sneak it in :p
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Showtime
    Pets doesn’t really add any new activities if you don’t have pets in your household, but Showtime adds things like pool tables, dominoes, karaoke, and photobooths.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Showtime
    Most of the others have alre already mentioned all the activities which came with this game. There is of course the rodeo ride which involves your sim sitting on a mechanical bull. Great fun watching them try not to fall off. The world of Starlight Shores is attractive and it has more of a tinsel town vibe than Bridgeport. And I would look out for a rewards gift which is more than it seems :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Pets
    I think your sims will have more fun with pets! :)
    NymlADp.jpg