Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (No Patch This Month)

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Good things come to those who wait! :)

Plus a new release is confirmed. Now we just have to wonder if it's a game pack or expansion pack.
    A game pack with singers and hip hop, a game pack with singers and hip hop!

I for one, actually agree with you on that. But Witches first.
    Grant confirms no witches. OK!

tweet or it didn't happen ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Plus a new release is confirmed. Now we just have to wonder if it's a game pack or expansion pack.

I don’t remember the exact tweet, but someone tweeted to him about witches (or maybe a spooky supernatural/magic pack?) for October, and he flat out said, “Nope”.

Now, it could be maybe speculated that he’s saying no to the month, and not no to the witches/magic pack itself...

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited September 2018

I read his twitter messages and he only said that no cheap witches would be patched in for free.

I don’t remember the exact tweet, but someone tweeted to him about witches (or maybe a spooky supernatural/magic pack?) for October, and he flat out said, “Nope”.

Now, it could be maybe speculated that he’s saying no to the month, and not no to the witches/magic pack itself...

Ah, once again still not very specific enough from Grant. I think I remember that tweet from somewhere else and the "Nope" in my mind is that he's not replying anything concerning that tweet at all. SO therefore not exactly disproving a future Witches/Magic pack in the slightest.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I read his twitter messages and he only said that no cheap witches would be patched in for free.

Oh, was it for a patch and not a pack?

Makes sense. Well, obviously, a detailed/well done Occult life stage like that wouldn’t be in a patch.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    Kate confirmed no patch this month on twitter. Though she said we will be getting a content patch next month and paid content by end of year
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    but I thought they said they would announce something this month
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Maybe they did but we now have to wait until next month. :)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    catloverplayer! Suggest you should renamed it or make another thread for October.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

Ah, once again still not very specific enough from Grant. I think I remember that tweet from somewhere else and the "Nope" in my mind is that he's not replying anything concerning that tweet at all. SO therefore not exactly disproving a future Witches/Magic pack in the slightest.

I follow Grant in Twitter, and he often responds like that when players ask him about future content. He's been pretty clear on a number of occasions that he CAN'T answer those questions, but they keep asking. He might answer generalities, such as liking a concept and wanting to explore it more. But details? Nope. Not happening.

I have seen him clearly answer on things that won't be possible in Sims 4 (in his words). Like open worlds. He's been pretty clear that it won't happen. But other things like what the next pack might include, when we'll get it, he is not going to answer.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I know we shouldn't really hype and overhype ourselves but I'm now expecting something big if they're skipping a patch this month... all resources must be focused on something really good.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't really hype and overhype ourselves but I'm now expecting something big if they're skipping a patch this month... all resources must be focused on something really good.

This is how rumors get started. Players making assumptions about NO info. All that was said is the there will not be a patch this month but there will be a patch next moth with some free goodies and another pack before the end of the year.

That being said, what do you think the goodies are and what do you think the pack theme will be?
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »

This is how rumors get started. Players making assumptions about NO info. All that was said is the there will not be a patch this month but there will be a patch next moth with some free goodies and another pack before the end of the year.

Okay honey x

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    catloverplayer! Suggest you should renamed it or make another thread for October.

Done.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2018

He was basically being asked to confirm witches, to which he replied "Nope." That doesn't mean no witches. It means you guys aren't going to make him lose his job by confirming anything. :D
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm beginning to think if there'll even be a Sept. patch...but we still have 2 more weeks left in the month so...I guess better late than never?

Unfortunatly your fears were correct:

Maybe we'll get two patches in October, one early for bug fixes and one late in the month for the other stuff.

Emm....I wonder why? So, are we getting a massive patch for 2 months, next month? Why they only made the announcement via Twitter? Or did I miss anything? :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Lol okay, so now they are also spreading patches out further?

Ofcourse they can keep this game going for 3 years if they are spreading everything out.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

so no maxis monthly ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please

so no maxis monthly ?

That would require Kate to post a different confirmation. She hasn't yet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think if there'll even be a Sept. patch...but we still have 2 more weeks left in the month so...I guess better late than never?

Maybe we'll get two patches in October, one early for bug fixes and one late in the month for the other stuff.

Whaaaaaat?? Is this the first month they’ve never released a patch?? Wonder why they did this

Because their change in policies also meant that monthly patches would also be effected...

Nah, I think this is a one-off; it could mean that they're busy trying to solve as many bugs as they can so we'll get a really big bug-zapping patch next month. Maybe even two...one with the bug fixes and a second one later with the freebees.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Whaaaaaat?? Is this the first month they’ve never released a patch?? Wonder why they did this

Because their change in policies also meant that monthly patches would also be effected...

Nah, I think this is a one-off; it could mean that they're busy trying to solve as many bugs as they can so we'll get a really big bug-zapping patch next month. Maybe even two...one with the bug fixes and a second one later with the freebees.

I certainly hope it's a one-off...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

We've got the first "Maxis Monthly" coming upeither late this month or early next month -- if they're going to announce something that would be the likely place to hear it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

We've got the first "Maxis Monthly" coming upeither late this month or early next month -- if they're going to announce something that would be the likely place to hear it.

It's at the end of the month.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    @SimGuruKate
    Following @SimGuruKate
    More
    Hello SimFam! Just a quick update that we will not be releasing a patch/update this month as we are focused on some really fun free stuff for October (assuming no last minute issues arise) and a future release for this calendar year. Stay tuned...

I like this, free stuff and a Release :)<3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They asked if we'd get witches. We might get supernatural that isn't witches. That's how things go. If you wait, people will be all the more excited when it does happen.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.