Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation Thread 2018 (No Patch This Month)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Another month means another patch. Do you think we ll get more free content with this patch?

Do you think it could be a pre gamepack patch or do you think it will just be bug fixes?

I'm thinking it might be a pre gp patch that will be big for the base game.

I think an announcement on the next pack is imminent and could happen within the next 2 weeks.

Either way I'm expecting free content.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• tiff_ben98tiff_ben98 Posts: 9 New Member
    I mean I’m hoping for free content but I doubt it since we just got a lot in my opinion with the last update, I’m also hoping for more bug fixes. The team has been doing well with continuing the bug fixes but I’m hoping for more and more. If there was free content I hope it would be in regards to landscape texture and I know this probably will never happen but since seasons came out I was hoping there could be more interactions with windows like opening them during heat waves and what not.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    The leafpiles change might be in this patch.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I just hope it fixes the non-interactive sims bug and the teleporting sims bug! Free content is nice, but at this point I'd rather have the devs spending more time on bug fixing than creating new content.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Bugs fixed & free contents all the way, especially stairs! :) And I like the idea of having the windows open @tiff_ben98 . I also noticed that the curtains are moving when I place the ceiling fan in the room.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2018
    Brindleton wrote: »

I really hope they fix the annoying stinky leaf piles. I also hope we get some more free content as well as an announcement for a new pack soon with a release before December.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I hope they continue to fix retail. Restocking by the shop owner is still free in my game.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I doubt we'll get free content two patches in a row. They're usually spaced out
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Switch the Gallery default from Popular Now to Newest I presume.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »

I really hope they fix the annoying stinky leaf piles. I also hope we get some more free content as well as an announcement for a new pack soon with a release before December.

Not only the leaf pile itself but I hope it also fixes sims automously raking leaves and dropping all other interactions and the leaf pile woohoo which is broken. Your lucky if you can get sims to woohoo in the leaves as that will cancel.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Switch the Gallery default from Popular Now to Newest I presume.

That's the main thing I'm hoping for with the September patch as well. I imagine it's not a terribly complicated switch to make, so hopefully it will happen, but then again I could be entirely wrong about that.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I almost dread a patch release, they seem to maybe address one issue while unleashing several other issues..lol. I know that sounds horrible but it's true. The gallery has been a mess for so long that I think I am getting used to the lags and mess that it is,then like now, when I can't even load anything you realize how bad it really is, and it seems to get worse on the weekend when I know more than likely, no one is there. Sorry to be Debby Downer, but wow you wonder how hard it really is to fix some of these small things.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    What I want in the game but it's going to be bug fixes I would be surprised if they surprised me.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Please fix the needy pet issue (that's supposed to be fixed a long time ago), teleporting Sims while doing various actions, Sims standing around doing nothing.
    IDK if it's just me, but I've also noticed a slight lag each time my Sim operates the washing machine.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I predict at least one new male hair.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm going to go with bug fixes this month and they'll be welcome, from the performance issue (Sims taking about 5 game minutes to respond to queued actions, teleporting Sims) to the aesthetically displeasing (permanent leaf piles).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Well it's anniversary month so we're probably gonna get something free, I'm thinking that male hairstyle that was "leaked" was a hint.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • KeriliasKerilias Posts: 14 New Member
    I wish they would give us another blank world like Newcrest, maybe with at least one 64x64 lot, if not more of them.
    Jean wrote: »
    Please fix the needy pet issue (that's supposed to be fixed a long time ago), teleporting Sims while doing various actions, Sims standing around doing nothing.
    IDK if it's just me, but I've also noticed a slight lag each time my Sim operates the washing machine.

Agreed on the needy pet issue.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I honestly just want bug fixes so I can use all my existing content the way they are meant to be used.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    At this point I would be happy with ONE definitive fix to something and the promise it will not break again in another patch.
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Whatever the update is I hope there’s a lot of content. I hate updating my game for minor features as I need to update all my mods as well.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I'm pretty sure an anniversary patch should be released this week? Probably tomorrow if so.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm pretty sure an anniversary patch should be released this week? Probably tomorrow if so.

That sounds great! I hope so :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    My prediction, they fix one minor small thing and break everything else. Then they blame your mods.

I doubt it. This is only 4 years. A 5 year anniversary now I can see a patch happening for that.