Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[RESOLVED 9/16/18] Double charged in the Sims 3 Store, Customer Service says they can't refund it?

thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
I first tried resolving this issue through customer service a few months ago and they said they would refund my points and I'd just need to wait for the refund to process. It never happened and I forgot about it. I opened a claim with them again today and was told that they have no way to refund in-game purchases. So which is it? Is there a way for me to get my Sim Points back?

258plah.png

edit: 9/4/18
I tried a third time with the same results (screenshot in thread). I'm not sure what to do.

edit: 9/16/18 RESOLVED
I've included this in case anyone comes across this thread while trying to solve a similar issue.

I was finally able to get the Simpoints returned to my account successfully on my fourth attempt. I did this by reporting the issue under the topic "Orders > Report payment error". I had already used these options to file one of my first attempts, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try again. The others I tried with no luck were "Orders > Dispute charge" and "Orders > Request a refund"

It may have helped that I mentioned these were single-use items that unlocked bonus content and I couldn't use them more than once in my game. I only did this on my final attempt after a rep before had suggested something along the line of just using the items in-game for additional stats (see my post from 9/4/18 below with a screenshot of my chat with one of the customer service reps).
gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
Post edited by thatsnotsweg on

Comments