Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread from 2018 lock please

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 3 General Discussion
The one that came with the sky diving center? I can't seem to find it in my purchase history.Is there a working link to the set in the store somewhere?

@EA_Lanna
Can we lock this please? I got my answer.
Post edited by GraceyManor on

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I found a link but it went to an error page. :( I would assume it's got to be in your purchase history somewhere if you ever downloaded it. Unless they can remove stuff when it's no longer available. That would be really uncool of them.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    That would be but I searched everywhere for it and the only link I found was broken :/
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2018
    If you own it "Thrill seeker pack" or have ever owned it,does not matter if it is retired or available.Will always be in your purchase history.

Set preview picture in PH Looks like this,found mine fast

MssGgAD.png

You could have easily passed it up.My advice since it is really old like 2011-2012 hit your purchase history and at the top is a first/last page starting option go to the last page start backwards.

If you owned it at any point it will be there you can easily miss it scanning set preview pics fast.I did it before looking for my JC Penny set and passed it like twice and had my Durrr moment.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.=)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hope you found it,for those interested found out it was discontinued 2012 so easy to narrow down in your search in purchase history.

And now am wondering if ThePeculiarMe ever uploaded their skydiving lot.Really simple but love how they set it up for Bridgeport with the food truck and a subway access.

Off to search for it.

ftvG1E4.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't able to find it, but was able to download a lot someone made that had the skydiving center on it, and that added it to my game.I know I had this before, as I created a lot myself with it.But it seems some of my exchange creations mysteriously vanished.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    It's not mysterious. EA removes your uploads if they aren't "popular" enough.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The exchange was not intended to be a storage place for our creations. It was intended for sharing them with other players. So items that have been there a long time or that aren't being downloaded much are regularly removed. If you want an online backup of your creations, you need to find some other site to store them on, like Dropbox.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The exchange was not intended to be a storage place for our creations. It was intended for sharing them with other players. So items that have been there a long time or that aren't being downloaded much are regularly removed. If you want an online backup of your creations, you need to find some other site to store them on, like Dropbox.

.I don't use it as a storage place lol.Ones I want to keep forever are on my mediafire LOL I just happened to remember I had created a lot with this set and figured instead of randomly downloading a lot that may have a boat load of broken CC, I'd download from myself so I wouldn't get CC, but it was gone.I didn't know they did a cleaning of the exchange.That is certainly good to know for the future!

But I don't get it, I know you said long time lots or ones that don't have many downloads get removed, these lots I'm referring to were created a few months ago.So they're fairly new.And lots I created from 2011 with only 40 or 50 downloads are still up.Not sure what they go by when deleting.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    bklienhart wrote: »

I didn't realize they did a cleaning of the exchange, so it was mysterious to me.As they were just there a few weeks ago.But it makes no sense because I had just uploaded it a few months ago yet this one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4374057 from 2011 with only 66 downloads is still up lol.So I'm not sure what they go by when cleaning.
  • Options

I didn't realize they did a cleaning of the exchange, so it was mysterious to me.As they were just there a few weeks ago.But it makes no sense because I had just uploaded it a few months ago yet this one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4374057 from 2011 with only 66 downloads is still up lol.So I'm not sure what they go by when cleaning.

As far as I can tell, they only make one pass on things after it's been up a month or so. Anything that was up there before they started pruning just stays there. For instance, this rather pedestrian house I uploaded in June of '09: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9138
  • Options

As far as I can tell, they only make one pass on things after it's been up a month or so. Anything that was up there before they started pruning just stays there. For instance, this rather pedestrian house I uploaded in June of '09: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9138

Ah okay, makes sense now lol.Thanks!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2018
    Unfortunately, since the Ford Focus Thrillseeker pack is no longer available and what was really useful was actually the skydiving centre, there is a workaround if you're willing to build your own "Skydiving center". Unfortunately the Ford Focus is no longer available for download.

http://modthesims.info/d/588622 - Skydiving Center Rabbithole Rug.

add: I'm seeing as how I started playing Sims 3 late, I've missed a lot of "free" stuff. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Springfairy556 I just checked and I have all the Ford and Toyota cars in my purchase history. The link is broken though like you found out. I will have to see if I can locate it in my game files so I can share it with you. I've never felt the need to download custom cars as I still use them to this day. Those cars and the Pepper's Party Boots were great content :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all the help managed to get it :) I never claimed the Dr Pepper items.
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    @Springfairy556 I just checked and I have all the Ford and Toyota cars in my purchase history. The link is broken though like you found out. I will have to see if I can locate it in my game files so I can share it with you. I've never felt the need to download custom cars as I still use them to this day. Those cars and the Pepper's Party Boots were great content :smile:

Those are some pretty stylin' boots. I think my favorite is the couch that's the rear end of a car.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I'm seeing as how I started playing Sims 3 late, I've missed a lot of "free" stuff. :D

I feel the same way, as I didn't start playing until July of 2012. The only free limited time set I ever got was the Prius set.

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2018
    I started in 2017...I missed out on darned near everything that was classified as limited edition. :disappointed:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    As much as I love my LE content, I've always felt it's a cheap way to promote something. It's not fair for players to miss out.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    As much as I love my LE content, I've always felt it's a cheap way to promote something. It's not fair for players to miss out.

I agree.
  • Options
    ARY55ARY55 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @coco said:
    > @Springfairy556 I just checked and I have all the Ford and Toyota cars in my purchase history. The link is broken though like you found out. I will have to see if I can locate it in my game files so I can share it with you. I've never felt the need to download custom cars as I still use them to this day. Those cars and the Pepper's Party Boots were great content :smile:

Hello, could you please upload the Ford and Toyota cars?, I have been looking for it a whole day with no success, all links are broken/missing :( , I found one mod in thesims3.com but is says that i need the original content, thanks.
  • Options
    This is an old thread that I no longer need answers for
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @ARY55 I’m sorry I’m not comfortable doing that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top