Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play one family almost exclusively or skip around a lot?

Does anyone else always want to play a certain Sim and no one else?
My sim's name is Jarrod. He's a vampire. He's an aspiring musician who doesn't work. His favorite instruments are the piano and the guitar. He also loves to sing and has an incredible voice. He lives in a huge house with is very rich parents, his teenage brother, his kid sister, his wife Yuki, and their newborn daughter Donna. I love this family, especially Jerrod, and I never want to play anyone else.
I started a new game and play it for 20 minutes before going back to Jerrod's family. I play on Long lifespan and take each day slowly so that his human family won't die as fast. His parents are almost elders and I'm already dreading their death.
It just seems weird to me that someone can become so invested in a fictional world, but I love creating a story and I never want this one to end.
Is anyone else like me and almost exclusively plays one game and one family? Or do you prefer to skip around a lot and play a bunch of different stories?

Do you play one family almost exclusively or skip around a lot? 233 votes

One family almost exclusively
51%
Kita5399GalacticGaldreamergrl84SabrosaStellaInterpolPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarmcruddjoelygirlsims2SusanaLeoteBloosmoovik92PuddinroyasimbsimZorgaCynnaSimQueenie9Anmirlasimgirl1010RadioAChicken 120 votes
Skip around a lot
48%
Akl500PCK213bshag4lvIcewolfIceyJSimmervilleCabelle1863MadameLeeBlkBarbiegalUnDutchableAlexaiColorist40Writin_RegTinkerballkeekee53MeteoraStormelanorbretonleena3JestTruloubyloulou 113 votes

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have always really only played one family per save (TS3-TS4), but I like to play through multiple generations so I don’t stick to one single Sim. My answer might change now as I really miss playing all the households like I did in TS2, and I’m just getting into it a tiny bit in TS4.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have about 4 families which I regularly play. But honestly I prefer a certain family and I would like to spend all my time just with them. :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    One family, and they don't age.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around, but not necessarily a lot. I have my main family which is sort of a semi-legacy with dual goals of completing all careers and all collections, then I have a couple of other families I skip to (one is a member of my main family who moved out as a teen and dropped out of school to work on his music) when I need a break and want to stay in the same save (I'm in the process of making a new save template to try playing on short and normal lifespans since I usually play on Long).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have multiple saves and families and like playing rotationally. I make copies of the save files I really love so I can always play those sims again and perhaps have their lives go a different way.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,961 Member
    One family almost exclusively. I also tend to ignore premade families and create my own, so I can fully control their story right from the beginning.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I have multiple saves and families and like playing rotationally. I make copies of the save files I really love so I can always play those sims again and perhaps have their lives go a different way.

I'm planning on doing the same with Jerrod. Part of the backstory that I created for him is that he was bitten by a vampire as a child and turned and his parents grew up in fear, trying to raise him right. They postponed having more children for several years until they were sure that he could control himself, so he is much older than his other two siblings.
    I would like to play another save, an alternate timeline of sorts where is was never turned into a vampire, get a glimpse of seeing what his life would be like in a normal setting. I think that it will be fun.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Skip around a lot
    No, I can't do that unless I'm doing a challenge. I play many families rotationally.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I play one family per save game, but I have a lot of saves. Sometimes I'll play the same family for a few months before changing to a different one.
  • DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    I usually play just one family that i create to be me and my boyfriend and make us have kids, but i will on occasion go in and play one of the neighbors for a bit to make them have kids or get married
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have multiple households in play in all my saves, but I usually tend to stick to households I enjoy playing with the most even though I know I should rotate to ones I haven't visited in awhile to keep them updated with the rest of them.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have 3 different saves right now with plans for more in the future. I enjoy all 3 families right now and play one a bit more than the rest. But when I play a lot during a weekend I skip around a lot. All saves are only a month old though since I got a new PC then. So although one save has gotten a bit more attention I am still playing around with all three. I like having a few saves to test things and do play different types of families though. Keeps me from getting bored.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Skip around a lot
    out of the 26 households I've created, 5 of them are actually played with and the rest are just for background, interactions, fill-ins.

I rotate because I need perspectives, all my sims interact with each other, as family, friends, love interests, and enemies. So I'm not really missing anything.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited August 2018
    Skip around a lot
    I only skip a lot due to the fact I might need to move a character to another house for plot reasons
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have over 20 households that I play. Some I play a lot more than others. I play with aging off. I have 4 sims that have reached the top of their careers... a scientist, a doctor, a detective and a criminal. I loved ‘get to work’ I wish we had more expansions like that one. I just got city living and will be having 3 other sims start those 3 careers. I am anxious to start going to the festivals but my festivals are bugged, I hope they fix them with the next patch.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Skip around a lot
    Skip around with about 6-7 families regularly.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I play rotational in both of my everyday saves
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    95% of my playtime has been with the same sim since I first got the game.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I switch between both since I keep multiple saves going but I guess sometimes I prefer one sim just to cause drama with as many as possible like in my wannabe mob boss crazy cat lady save file...lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,896 Member
    Actually, I voted one family but just realised I am playing between Bob and Eliza Pancakes and then a new household which is their first daughter all grown up, moved out of home and living in the city. I spend a week with her and then a week back at Pique Hearth.
    Does that make sense? No sure if that changes what I should have voted. :|
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    One family but I play through the generations.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Skip around a lot
    You're not alone. But, I do skip a lot from time to time. There's few households that I invested a lot, emotionally and my time :D , but, it tends to get bored. So, I set a strict rules in order to avoid any boredom. And now with the Seasons, my Sims family always got their electricity being shut down by Landgraab electricity supply company. Because they enjoy spending more than they can afford...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I have a lot of saves that I jump around and play in short bursts.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I skip around to many different families depending on my mood...

...and whether or not I'm murdering sims.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Skip around a lot
    I play rotationally, but mainly focus on one save.