Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum page errors/maintenance?

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I use Edge and have no problems with the text layout. It probably makes easier reading for the moderators scanning messages or necessitated because we are all using different browsers.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have all the browsers installed on my PC. Just checked Firefox and MS Edge. No spacing of text. Checked Safari on my iPad. No spacing.

Hmm, okay, well there goes that theory about it being a browser issue. Whatever is causing this, I hope its fixed soon for those who are having a problem with it. *Hugs*

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This only started happening a week or so ago when the other forum instability issues were fixed. It almost can't be intentional.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This only started happening a week or so ago when the other forum instability issues were fixed. It almost can't be intentional.

Did you also notice that your post count is cut off by your forum avatar?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2018

Did you also notice that your post count is cut off by your forum avatar?
    My post count is private, why do you need to know this information? >:):p

Yes, I know but every time I try to resize my avatar it ends up looking worse so I gave up some time ago. I'll make a new, smaller one maybe one of these days.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2018

Yes, that's the time it starrted; and it isn't happening to me anywhere else, so I don't think it's browser related to each individual ( ie - "Just Me" syndrome :D )
    It surely has to be something that's gone awry here. ESO forums use Vanilla boards as well, and everything is as normal over there. And it isn't happening to me on phpbb , smf, or any other forum software.
    It's just this board.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    To those having firefox and not the issue, could you post your version of firefox? I recently reinstalled my laptop and thus the newest firefox, and maybe that also makes a difference!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been having the issues on occasions recently and I'm on Firefox v39 which is the most recent stable version on my computer as later ones resulted in browser glitches.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Is the forum undergoing downtime again? I'm getting server errors. Is it because of where the servers are located?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I am also getting issues tonight.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I seem to be getting forum errors today, evry few thread link I click leads to an empty white page, I'm having to use the browser back button and re-click to try again. :neutral:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
    Just a thought, but if these forums' servers are being hosted from the Eastern Seaboard of the US, than I can understand why they've been acting up all of a sudden. They only just started acting up on the day a hurricane was hitting the US Eastern Coast.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Just a thought, but if these forums' servers are being hosted from the Eastern Seaboard of the US, than I can understand why they've been acting up all of a sudden. They only just started acting up on the day a hurricane was hitting the US Eastern Coast.

Vanilla Forums Company who EA uses as their hosting service is in Canada and EA themselves is on the West Coast of the USA. It just might be a site glitch.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been getting blank pages sometimes instead of what I should be getting and I just use a reloadskip cache extension to relaod the page when that happens.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited September 2018
    double post
    Post edited by paradiseplanet on
    Yup, been getting HTTP Error 500's here.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    This page isn’t working
    forums.thesims.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Here's the error I keep getting...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yeah, I'm still getting errors. I have to reload the page almost every single time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I'm getting blank white pages again today, same as yesterday. :neutral:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @EA_Mage I hope the forum folks are back to work today. Still getting errors and blank pages and the strange double spacing. Can you or your other mods make sure they are aware it is still going on. Lots of simmers on one of the sims 3 threads are complaining of the same things. Appreciate it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The forums where down for maintenance again for about 10 minutes today. :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I'm getting some forum errors again today, some blank white pages and other times it throws me into off topic despite being in another category. :neutral:
    And to think it had been doing so well; not!