Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do Gallery poses (and poses in general) work?

paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
edited September 2018 in General Mods Discussion
I'm currently trying to test out how to use Gallery poses for sims I upload to my Library/Gallery, but I'm finding it difficult to figure out how they work, yet I see all these Gallery creators making these poses work on theirs and I'm sitting here clueless. How am I supposed to use them? Do I have to have Modded switched on? I thought Gallery poses were not registered as cc? I only put this here bc I thought I had to place the poses in the Mods folder.
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
Post edited by paradiseplanet on

Comments

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    You definitely must switch the mods on. Make sure you downloaded actual gallery poses and not some pose packs that are used with "andrew's poseplayer" I don't know if you need that mod to make the poses show up on your gallery creation though.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You definitely must switch the mods on. Make sure you downloaded actual gallery poses and not some pose packs that are used with "andrew's poseplayer" I don't know if you need that mod to make the poses show up on your gallery creation though.

No, I'm pretty sure the poseplayer isn't needed since Gallery poses are essentially just images of your sim in CAS in the desired pose (though I have dl'd in-game versions of the poses and do need it for that). What bothers me though is that my sims registers as having cc, so what do I need to remove in CAS so that it doesn't? Also, is there any way to change the second pose (the individual sim pose), or do I have to get lucky on getting the right pose for the other one? I can only cycle through the first pose for the household.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’m afraid I can’t help you here asI don’t have custom poses myself (don’t really upload to the gallery personally). But I did want to say that I wish creators could do custom screenshots of their sims without having to use mods. The sims which get downloaded most often are those where the thumbnail is a closeup of the sim’s face. In the default thumbnail pose, the sim is too far away to really get a good idea of their face, which discourages people (including myself) from downloading sims which are just as good.
    Update: I was able to remove everything from my Mods folder except the resource.cfg file and my poses, and sims that I upload with custom poses no longer register with cc. Now if only I can freely randomise the second pose too...
    Hello, I have another question about poses if anyone can answer: I'm getting ready to setup a family group pose that includes a dog in the pose set. Does this mean I need to be able to select the pet in order to make it pose with the rest of the family..? Does that mean I need the Playable Pets Mod now?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited September 2018
    @paradiseplanet No, you shouldn't need posable pets for your poses. When you click on the teleporter to place your sims, your pet's picture should appear as an option on the selection screen. You do need to make sure that the size of the pet matches the pose, don't try to use a large dog if the pose is for small dogs.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Here is a pose/teleporter tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5SNWkLR3g