Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite CL Festival and why?

Comments

• DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    Spice Festival
    I love spicy food. :smiley:
    My second favorite is Humor and Hijinks (get to pull pranks), and third favorite is the Romance Festival (because of love and the music). <3
    pw0213q.png?1
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Spice Festival
    Spice festival, mainly for the wide variety of food, but I also like it for the neighborhood it's in. They can bring the whole family, even the toddlers can help themselves to a serving from the sample food table or food being grilled, and once they've all eaten, they can shoot some hoops, sing karaoke or the children can play on the monkey bars if they don't feel like hanging out at the festival itself. And the way I set my seasons makes it occur in summer which is perfect. (also winter, and they go once in a while then, too, nothing like a super hot curry to warm you up!)

A couple of downsides lately, though-great & sometimes rare harvestables used to be found there, but since seasons that's been kind of messed up. Also since the last patch, there's been at least one townie puking there, and that got old fast. Plus the sims are still showing up in plum-awful outfits.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Romance Festival
    Definitely the Romance Festival, it gives me an easy excuse to get two Sims that I want to start a family with to either meet or boost the Romance gauge. It's even easier if they met in advance. I just let one Sim do some actions to get them Flirty before inviting out the other, have them both drink the tea and boom, they're halfway to Soulmates. I tend to play rotational, so I can't have every Sim hopping from bar to bar and hoping that Mr or Mrs Right happens to be there.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Spice Festival
    spice festival because food. all the food. food doesn't even look like a real word anymore but okay. yeah, food.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Spice Festival
    Spice festival all the way. It is the only one that feels like a real festival.

geek con is ok
    romance festival causes nothing but trouble. I think it should be restricted to single sims.
    I never really went to the flea market.
    The humor and hijinks I only send certain sims to. Lately, I haven't bothered.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    GeekCon
    A bit of a toss up for me between GeekCon and the Romance Festival. I always find it convenient when a sim is about the propose or is engaged and the message pops up for the romance festival... it's like fate or something. Geek Con is my favourite though. I love the sims wandering around in their superhero costumes... So entertaining! Plus the contests are fun!
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Spice Festival
    I love food festivals IRL, so the spice festival speaks to me :)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Romance Festival
    I love the romance festival because free wedding arch and good for really cheap weddings starting out. Its like a popup wedding.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Romance Festival
    Considering we don’t have a romance pack, it’s the easiest way to get my sims romance meter high.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Honestly: Flea Market. It's the only interesting one after your Sim has learned to cook everything interesting and after you have gotten him or her hitched. It doesn't help that Romance Festival / Geek Con still is bugged to heck and back.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Humor and Hijinks
    Humour and Hijinks. I love the mischief skill, and being a pranskter(in game only hahaha) so I always go there. My sims also are in a DESPERATE need of simoleons so I bring theri whole family, even their loner just to get all the cash prize.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Spice Festival
    I like the Spice Festival because I think its fun to see my sims try out cultural foods and burn their mouths from the spice xD
  • DryodaDryoda Posts: 56 Member
    GeekCon
    My sims have a computer club, so I can always combine GeekCon with club event. This lowers my change of winning a new computer, though.

Spike festival is my second favourite. I always try to take whole family there.

I like all of the festivals, but I like the flea market one least, because it doesn't have that much to do when compared to other festivals.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2018
    Spice Festival
    Always loved the spice festival most. Free food, of course, but the festival has got a certain "vibe" which I love. There's always one of my sims strumming the guitar (like Freaky on my pic), whole families gather together, eating, drinking and having fun. For me it feels much more real than the other ones and gives a warm feeling (not only because of the hot food). <3

... Marry at the Romance Festival? Well, maybe, if it wasn't for all the screaming vendors around the place. :s I really wish we could turn off these haunting screams. Llamas should be the only ones who are able to shriek like that. :p
    Post edited by PinkHairGuitar on
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Spice Festival
    I like the Spice Festival to try out the spicy foods and the spices to make them with. I used to be able to harvest tomatoes, but that's gone by the wayside, even before Seasons launched. Going to this festival, and also the Humor and Hijinks one, makes for a nice little 'date', especially for teens.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Flea Market
    Flea market is the only festival I go to more than once, usually. Depends if my sim is being invited, and by who.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Spice Festival
    The spice festival is my favorite out of all the festivals. No matter which household I'm playing I always have them try the different dishes and buy the spices so they can make them at home.

And for my sims just starting out, the free meals and harvestables help out a lot, but unfortunately the plants seem to have been broken since seasons. I still remember one time long ago, there was actually a UFO plant in one of the planters! I felt like I hit the jackpot
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    GeekCon
    I like the Geek Con as everything they offer there is interesting to me. I also like to dress my sim up in some bizarre geeky manner too. I also like real life Geek Con type events.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Spice Festival
    The spice festival is my favorite out of all the festivals. No matter which household I'm playing I always have them try the different dishes and buy the spices so they can make them at home.

And for my sims just starting out, the free meals and harvestables help out a lot, but unfortunately the plants seem to have been broken since seasons. I still remember one time long ago, there was actually a UFO plant in one of the planters! I felt like I hit the jackpot

I've got a silly question. But how do you buy the spices?.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Spice Festival
    Nh6650 wrote: »

You can buy them from one of the vendor stalls. Sorry, I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one that sells shirts, snow globes, etc. It's one of the four stalls to the right of the picnic tables. Hope that helps!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Spice Festival
    Mine's the Spice Festival because it feels like something that I'd find outside in my own city and that I'd go to. Yes, that's a lame reason, but sometimes I play that world because it feels like home.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Spice Festival
    Nh6650 wrote: »

You can buy them from one of the vendor stalls. Sorry, I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one that sells shirts, snow globes, etc. It's one of the four stalls to the right of the picnic tables. Hope that helps!

Thanks!.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Flea Market
    the flea market stalls. only wish it came with get to work retail. which is so bare of different types of shops.

wish we could buy and sell food. why after all this time its still not brought back, including clothing shopping.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MissEdditMissEddit Posts: 11 New Member
    Flea Market
    I love going to flea markets and used item stores in real life so flea markets obviously my favorite.