Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite CL Festival and why?

My favorite is the Romance Festival but I love the Spice Festival too.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Favorite CL Festival and why? 189 votes

Romance Festival
25%
honeypooh1267jeLlyBeAn1573Sid1701D9jadevkLavasm77Elegantblkchina1Sjofnmueller_liteBriel24motdkCheekybitsKniga_SitaraLadyKynwiredhanna67littlemissgogomsminabCynel1annaliese39bombtoriSigzy05 49 votes
GeekCon
14%
PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegBloosmooDJQ1308robyngravesJennyggashcrash19MVWdeZTDryodaClassicalSimpapertonguefloridameerkatHalvareshAngelEb95Internal_ChaosSayoLoireMDianaSimselumaeFurSimsOfficialTeslachick2 27 votes
Flea Market
13%
catmom1987Kamb64djacquelynstewlove7680MaryVanncchant86Simpkinslamondastilljustme2marcel21KiaraSims4Modsduhboy2u2TrashmagicmeepweepWulfsimmerKathykinsBooV7227BreazonashnailehOEII1001 26 votes
Spice Festival
41%
icmnfrshNh6650Kita5399GalacticGalLaBlue0314KHS12UnDutchableMartinvrudolphaColorist40overontheyellowshoeTiarellakeekee53happysimmer2007Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010Ceres_Meirionaluthienrisingloubyloulou 79 votes
Humor and Hijinks
4%
kippy300Bagoas77DeKayTS1299SigRarojohnvincent0021M_Valentine22x4m1r4 8 votes

Comments

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    GeekCon
    This was a hard choose to make. I think all the festivals have their good points, but my sims participate more at Geekcon. Plus, with the Hackathon they have a chance to win a computer even if they only have mediocre programming skills and, hey, they can take a trip across the universe in the rocket ship. Whats not to love?
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Spice Festival
    It has the most realistic feeling of them all.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2018
    Romance Festival
    I love the music and vibe of the romance festival. It does its theme the best, imo.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Spice Festival
    I've really grown to love the Spice Festival most of all simply because of the endless variety (and free samples) of food offered there! I used to avoid it for some reason (was following an LP where they kept avoiding that festival) but out of all the festivals, it's the one I always await for the most, but each of the others all have some great themes!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Romance Festival
    romance festival because it's cute. i love the drinks and the petal throwing and the decorations.
    humor and hijinks is nice too, because of the fireworks at the end and because it's an easy way to get simoleons if you aren't a money cheat user.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2018
    Romance Festival
    I only ever really send my sims to the romance festival. The rest are cool when you are playing sims that fit the theme more- like a sim in the culinary career for the spice festival or a technologically adept sim for geek con. I rarely have those, but I think the romance festival makes for the best screenshots regardless.

Edit: just remembered that my avatar is of two of my sims at the romance fest. case in point haha
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    What is so fun about the romance festival just curious.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Romance Festival
    I like the atmosphere. And I love the music.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Spice Festival
    The Spice Festival is the only one I really make my sims go to everytime is in town. Nice food and many recipes for them to learn, the curry contest, harvestables (although after seasons this is proving challenging), you can buy spices there, the atmosphere is really nice, and FREE FOOD!

I every now and then would take my sims to the Romance Festival and the Flea Market if it suits their stories at that given moment.

The Humour and Hijinks I only use if my sim is in need of simoleons. I get them to join the jokesters' team, joke around, and get the final prices.

GeekCon I ignore completely since the food is only like burgers and hotdogs, and the stuff to do there is boring and can be done at home. Also, with Seasons, if it rains is just the worst since everything breaks.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Flea Market
    The Flea Market is the only one where you get something a little different each time. That, and it falls at a convenient time -- late morning through afternoon on a Sunday -- when not much else is going on.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Spice Festival
    I love food so much. Food is love, food is life. It is my addiction.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    Humor and Hijinks
    I always win money in humor and hijinks
    hope you all are smiling x
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Romance Festival
    I love trying to hook up my single Sims with someone at the festival. Sometimes it works, oftentimes it doesn’t lol. Still a lot of fun. I like to ask the romance guru for advice and incorporate what they say into my story.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Romance Festival
    There is nothing I enjoy more than getting a group of Teens together, getting them hopped up on the romance tea, putting them all in the same conversation, then watching what nonsense they get up to.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Romance Festival
    I like the Romance and Spice Festivals the best.. but now the garden part of the Spice Festival isn't a draw for me anymore. I just like the way the Romance Festival looks. I like the drama that can be set up to occur also. It's also nice for a date or a place to go for sims on the prowl.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Spice Festival
    Free food
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Spice Festival
    Spice Festival! I love the colors & decorations. :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Romance Festival
    with the forced outfits modded away ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Spice Festival
    I enjoy them all to be honest, but I guess Spice Festival is my favourite because of general atmosphere (and free food ;)). I like to begin my Sims' weekend with it, especially with teens.

GeekCon is probably the one I attend the least, but just because it happens on the week and during a day, so when a lot of people are at work/school.
  • DexterDexter Posts: 17 Member
    Spice Festival
    There's something really nice about the spice festival, or maybe I just really like spicy food? Second choice would be the flea market though since its the closest thing to collecting antiques!
    tumblr_pe726fds1o1x5vb03o1_400.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Romance Festival
    Was Geekcon til weather got introduced and most of the time it's ALWAYS raining and breaks every electronic. Leaving the space ship and the food stalls, pfft. My sim just has a bad time haha.

Probably the romance festival, since I go for the overall DRAMA that happens there and it's jut hilarious.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Spice Festival
    I love the atmosphere and food at the spice festival.
    My second favorite would be the flea market where my poorer sims can get good deals.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Flea Market
    I have a family of Sims whose long-term goal is to finish all the collections; thanks to the Flea Market, they're close to finishing both the metals and the crystals collections. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Mine would have been Geekcon if it worked as intended = young adults and teens with high skills in video games or programming.
    Instead it's full of cosplaying adults who are lvl 0 in video games, and they didn't even bring their children as an excuse.

So my fave has to be the Romance festival, not to meet anyone because again, the programmed audience is mostly married couple which is weird (want your sim to meet someone new ? Tough luck no one is single), but because it turns into an impromptu art fest and it's a cute way to buy paintings.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Humor and Hijinks
    I wanted to vote GeekCon (because of the rocket) and Humour & Hijinks together. But, I picked Humour & Hijinks because it's fun to be mischievous, especially for my Sims, who wanted to be the Public Enemy.
    OID:- x4m1r4