Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is better for my legacy - Youtube or Wordpress?

Hey! So I'm wanting to get back into a legacy and I was wondering which you think is probably a better idea - a youtube series or a written story! Which do you prefer to read/watch? Also, I am a student so which do you think is the least time consuming? Also if anyone else is new to the forums let me know because I'd like some friendssss.

Comments

• Options
    CagierSaturnCagierSaturn Posts: 24 Member
    I prefer reading wordpress as opposed to watching videos on youtube.

Reading stories with screenshots allows me to be able to fill in the blanks of a story with my own imagination, but youtube videos do not as easily allow this.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm the same as @CagierSaturn ! I'd much, much prefer to read than watch YouTube. It does seem that YouTube is the favorite of many, though, as are Twitch streams.

To me, it seems that writing would be less demanding than doing a YouTube, but that might be because I'm familiar with writing, but not with video-editing and producing.

Maybe you could do whichever you love the most! Years from now, which would you feel happiest about having created? Which develops the kinds of skills that transfer to other aspects of your life, including career and education?

It's really important, I feel, to find the inherent rewards--because we can't always count on having lots of readers or having lots of viewers. Either way can be a lot of work--so it's really good if you find a way to make it rewarding even if you only have a handful of people who read or watch.

Good luck and have fun! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'm with @CathyTea and @CagierSaturn, I'd rather read and visualize the characters/story in my head than watch YouTube videos. So, I would choose WordPress, but if video/photo editing helps a future career/skills, go that route.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I have to side with all the above. HOWEVER, I like to watch Let's Play on YouTube where the tuber is explaining the challenge results rather than it being a story.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Thanks everyone! @LegacySims2017 I created the first episode of a legacy lets play and I just think I don't have the quirky personality for it, you know? Like with Vixella I giggle but I find it hard to create a bit of humour myself, so I'm probably better at writing personally.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    I have to side with all the above. HOWEVER, I like to watch Let's Play on YouTube where the tuber is explaining the challenge results rather than it being a story.

Just to add my 2 cents in here... I do like, as @LegacySims2017 said, to watch Let's Play on YT, but I mostly go to YT to watch builds that I can never ever seem to recreate :tongue: As far as SimLit... I've watched a few people explain their challenges on YT, but I don't get immersed into that story because the YTer who's telling the story isn't trying to keep me interested in the story, they're just explaining what they're doing. WordPress (or similar site) is better, in my humble opinion, because you're using the tried-and-true method of writing. There's a level of storytelling in written form that's so much better than all other forms mainly because of the fact it is only limited to what you write as opposed to the technological constraints of YT.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Thanks for all your advice! I decided to write a legacy over on wordpress called the Asteria Narrative instead <3