March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum profile pictures of your Sim(s)

I noticed a lot of people love to show off their amazing Sims through their profile pictures.
How often and for what reason do you folks like to change up your profile pictures featuring your Sims?

Do you like to use your favourite sim there or the sim you're currently playing as for example.

Let me introduce mine.

This is Lynette.

Screenshot-164.jpg?dl=1

Screenshot-163.jpg?dl=1

Screenshot-162.jpg?dl=1

I like to call this trio of headshots "the three stages of attempting homework"

She may not be the prettiest or most aesthetic Sim but she works hard and eventually became a teacher herself at the top of the career, retired with her wife and two grown-up children, and became a grandparent to a beautiful baby girl (I don't have many screenshots at the moment though). I may pick a new Sim to front-line my profile some time in the future but I quite like this sim after following her life for so long.

I'm interested to know what kind of stories are behind your profile picture Sims.
"Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I change my favourite sim atleast 3 times a month, so I never bothered putting one as my profile picture. They wouldnt be there very long :D
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    @Goulsquash I still think Gyroids are pretty cool in the Animal Crossing franchise though! ;)

• Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Mine is an almost Sim self that I created in TS4. I need to do one in TS3. I’m terrible at creating Sims so I rarely change my avatar.
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    My profile picture is of the wife of the founder of my legacy family. She was originally a Sunset Valley townie, Blair Wainwright. I gave her a much needed makeover and thought she turned out stunning. I haven't changed the picture yet but since I am on the 3rd generation, i may think about it. I am just afraid no one will recognize me here if I do!
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

My avatar for several years was a toddler version of my simself. I changed it recently to Alexandra who is my young adult simself when she got engaged to her beloved Jared. I might change it again though. They are married now with three kids. :)
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Mine is Cyrus from Pokemon :) He is holding a chinchilla in my current avatar. It was the first time I had found a chinchilla in the game :3
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I notice I tend to change my avatar every few months on average, but really, I just do it whenever I feel like it. The Sim in my current avatar is one of my main Sims. His name is Martin, and I’ve had him for almost a couple of years now. I consider him to be my “mascot” of sorts, because his hobbies and personality traits are quite close to my own. The shirt he’s wearing is the very first piece of CC I ever made, and it’s based on one of my favourite shirts IRL. :)

I bet you can’t guess my favourite animal
    edited August 2018
    @Rhiannon58 I'm also really bad at designing Sims, I do like choosing different hairstyles for my female Sims though.

@MKSizzle Awesome! I really should keep track of my gameplay through a legacy thread or something.

@bekkasan Cool! I was thinking about changing mine to Lynette's Elder appearance because her current one is from when she was a teenager.

@plushtrap_107 I really like this recreation, the hair is spot on! :smile:

@TinySpaceFox I almost consider Lynette to my profile mascot at this point as I haven't been seen posting without her as my profile picture. It's always cool to make Sims that have similar personalities to your own. I wonder what your favourite animal could be though? Hmmmmm? :wink::wink:

edited August 2018
    @UnseenHorizon, thanks :3 I think his hair was from Late Night; it's hard to find spi-ky hair for guys Sims. Sadly, I can't find accurate hair for Commander Saturn ;)

(Why does it censor spi-ky? It's not a rude word ).

I forgot to say before too; lovely pics of everyone's avi Sims :3
    @plushtrap_107 It's true! I have to settle for messy or curly hair instead!

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I change my profile pic from time to time. I mostly use pics of my simself (either young or old) but occasionally I use sims I have recently played or made that make me happy. My current profile pic is of a sim version of Keanu Reeves that I made last week that I was really happy with :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't change my profile picture very often. But since I've been using sims from my games for my profile pictures, I usually reach the point where I think I should change the picture because I haven't played the sim for a long time. But my current picture is my current sim, Annie Gould, and with a modified epic lifespan, I will be playing her for a long time. But I might decide to put up a different picture of her at some point.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    My current profile pic is a tweaked version of my founding legacy sim Kerry from 2010. I wouldn't say that she's my favourite sim because I don't even remember playing her anymore. Before that my avatar was of her great-great-great-great-great granddaughter Charlotte but she died a long time ago so I thought it was time to move on :tongue:
    More lovely avis :3

@UnseenHorizon, yeah, we need more hair for guys :o Sometimes I download cc hair :)
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    I haven't changed my profile pic yet from the beginning. It's teenage Bella Bachelor from the story I'm playing. I plan to change it when I hit season 04 on my blog, but since I'm adding text to the pictures in every episode it takes sooo looong to write new episodes, even all is already played and pictures taken.
    My next avatar would be probably siluetes of teenage Bella and Mortimer together. In season 04 they are still teenagers.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My first one in 2014: :smile:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 very cute :)

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @UnseenHorizon Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Lynette is adorable. :)

I don't change my avatar very often. It's usually a fav sim of mine at that time. Current avi is a dog I've posted on my blog named after the third legacy heir, Scout. I also put him up for download. So far he's stayed young with a Young Again potion but now in his elder stage once more. I will probably have him purchase a Clone Voucher this time around.

Screenshots under Spoiler tag
    tumblr_p0zi5wTcjl1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_p8a3xdcwIm1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pc95ttP54F1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pd82biCWB31ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I sometimes change my profile picture to a current sim I am playing. This thread prompted me to do just that. My last profile pic I kept for a long time. She was from a game I lost and her along with it.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Neat thread!! Mine is my updated SS from TS2. She's married to one of the premade scientist hobby instructors that is Male. Her zodiac is a Pisces unlike mine. I'm an Aries.
    Oh hamburgers!
    @SimplyJen Thank you :)

Really love how Scout looks especially that face in the second screenshot!
    It's so silly and adorable!

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2018
    I love reading the "stories" behind the avatars.
    My avatar is an "elf" sim I made for Dragon Valley, when I first got that world. She became my favorite sim. I got lucky when I took that screenshot. I must have paused just at the right time because I have never been able to reproduce that 'look' again. :D
    Here's a closer look:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    It's like she's staring into my soul... :o:D
    @SimplyJen when I first saw your avatar, I thought it was from Sims4. Should have known better, there are no newspapers in 4. :blush: I think it was his eyes that made me think that. I don't know what people are talking about when they say Sims3 has horrible graphics! Your pics are so detailed and look at those expressions! <3
    @Odonata68 Loving the pose and look your Sim is giving!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I like refreshing my profile picture from time to time and will always use a sim I’m currently playing. Which right now is my Sims 4 vampire. Well, to be honest I haven’t played in weeks due to holiday and other things I ordered myself to do first (it’s my very first Sims break since December 2009). My Sims 3 Cameron is waiting patiently. And I predict my next profile pic will be her son, Daryl.
    5JZ57S6.png