The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Adaption of DITFT-Updated for Cottage Living

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
Hello,

I'm cm and have been an advent fan of sims since the sims 2 and along with sims I love challenges. When I played sims 3 one of my favorite challenges was the difference in the family tree challenge. Now I know a couple others have adapted this challenge to sims 4 but from what I've seen none have been updated in awhile so I thought I'd share my adaption of the Sims 4 DITFT for those looking for a more updated version.

You'll notice some generations have multiple options while others only have one that's because I wanted to give those with multiple packs an option for the generations where it made sense. The goals I made are pretty basic because I wanted to make sure it suited every playstyle. So here's my adaption if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

If you have pets installed and like playing with cats and dogs you can adopt whenever as I didn't feel it necessary to tell you to adopt a pet in a specific generation aside from the generation for cats and dogs.

I'm just going to put this out there you don't have to do all 20 generations, you could just pick a few and do them or pick out 10 gens and play it like a traditional legacy. I've made basically an aspiration challenge of sorts as I tried to include all the aspirations so if say your like me, and only play certain aspirations this allows you to explore what the other aspirations have to offer. Also, like I said before there's some generations with more than one option meaning if you have a pack for an option you can do that option rather than the base game option which will allow you to explore some game features you might not of explored before.

Generation 1:

Living off the land

You always loved the outdoors and enjoyed helping your mother in the garden or going fishing with your father, so when you turned 18 you had no trouble deciding to follow in their footsteps.

Goals:
Master gardening and/or fishing
Collect every plant and/or fish
Marry someone with the same love of the outdoors as you
Have 2 children (original is to have a boy and a girl but I find having girls are rare in 4 so it's an optional challenge)
Complete the Freelance botanist and/or The Angling Ace

Option 2: (Cottage Living)
Complete the country caretaker aspiration
Collect every plant
Have cows, chickens, and llamas
Master Cross-stitching
Marry and have kids (Optional: Attempt to have twins or triplets)

Generation 2:

Business Savvy

You have a silver tongue ever since your first lemonade stand you knew you had a talent for retail. You didn't want to be in the sun like your parents. You wanted to be in a big fancy office with your name on the door.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Join the business career
Master charisma
Make $50,000 from working
Marry a co-worker or boss
Have a kid
Complete one of the fortune aspirations

Option 2 (GTW):

Goals:
Open a retail store (no restaurants or bakeries it would conflict with gen. 3)
Master charisma
Marry an employee
Have a kid
Have $50,000 in your store funds

Generation 3:

Cooking Arts Master

Your parents were always busy working and never had much time for you but you had your grandparents whom you spent a lot of time with. You loved the taste of your grandparents cooking and how it always tasted fresh.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Complete the master chef aspiration
Join the culinary career
Marry someone with the foodie trait
Master cooking and gourmet cooking
Have 3 kids

Option 2 (GTW):

Goals:
Open a bakery
Master cooking and baking
Marry someone with the foodie trait
Have 3 kids

Option 3 (Dine Out):

Goals:
Open a restaurant
Master cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking
Marry a critic
Have 3 kids

(A/N: technically you could combine all 3 options but this gives options for those who may not have all the packs)

Generation 4:

A way with words

You discovered at an early age you didn't have a talent for cooking but you did have a way with the pen and paper.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Join the writer career – author branch
Complete the bestselling author aspiration
Master writing
write a book of life
Marry a book lover
Have some kids

Option 2 (City Living):

Goals:
Join the critic career
Master writing
Complete the city native aspiration
Marry someone you've given an apartment key too
Have some kids

Generation 5:

The brush is your best friend

You discovered at an early age that you had a passion for the canvas and paint brush rather than the pen and paper.

Option 1:

Goals:
Join the painter career
Complete the painter extraordinaire aspiration
Master painting
Marry and have kids

(optional: if you have GTW open a retail store and sell your paintings that way)

Option 2:
Join the stylist Career
Complete the painter extraordinaire aspiration
Master painting
Marry and have kids

Options 3: (Dream Home)
Join the Dream Home Decorator career
Master Painting and Woodworking
Marry and have kids

Generation 6:

The bad apple

Unlike your parents you didn't have much talent in anything but you loved to cause trouble.

Goals:
Complete either chief of mischief or public enemy
Join the criminal career
Never marry but break a few hearts and have a kid or 2
Master fitness and logic

Generation 7:

You protect the law

When you were old enough you made the connection that your parents were criminals and that they would do anything that went against the law. You wanted nothing to do with their way of life instead you wanted to make them see the error of their ways.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Join secret agent career – diamond agent branch
Be enemies with your parents
Master fitness
Marry another secret agent
have kids
Complete the renaissance sim aspiration

Option 2 (GTW):
join detective career
Be enemies with your parents
Marry someone on the police force
have kids
Complete the successful lineage aspiration

Generation 8:

Option 1:(BG)

Computer Master

With parents in the law enforcement, you managed to learn a few tricks on the computer from some of their co-workers during your office visits. Now you've decided you want to see what else you can do with a computer.

Goals:
Complete the computer whiz aspiration
Master programming and gaming
Join the tech guru career
Marry and have kids

Option 2: (University)

Robotics Master

You've gotten a taste of computer programming but it was way to easy for you. You've decided to test your programming skills in another way. You discover there's a whole community around robot building and decide to see what it's all about.

Goals:
Master Robotics
Get a degree in computer science
Join Bot Savants
Marry but because of your love for robots it doesn't work out
Have a kid
Marry a Plumbot

Generation 9:

The Healer

Option 1(GTW required)

You loved playing doctor with your stuffed bear and always dreamed of healing people. After many years of study, you've finally become a doctor.

Goals:
Join doctor Career
master logic and charisma
complete the soulmate aspiration
have some kids

Option 2(IL required):

Your parents took you to the amazing island of Sulani and it was love at first sight but while staying there you noticed how some of the other tourists
treated the island so you made it your goal to come back one day and take care of the island.

Goals:
Join Conservationist career
Clean up the island of Sulani
Befriend a dolphin
Marry a Sulani native
Have 4 kids
Choose any lifetime aspiration

Option 3: (Strangerville required)
(Thanks to RememberJoy)

You recently move to a new town but you notice something isn't right. You soon learn the town's people and the government are hiding something. You decide it's up to you to discover the secrets and reveal them to the public.

Goals:
Join military career (either branch)
Complete Strangerville Mystery aspiration
Marry a coworker or cured townie
Have two kids

Generation 10:

Love bites

You thought your parents were perfect for each other and hoped to one day find the same kind of love but your relationships just never seemed to work out; but your true love of music never failed you.

Goals:
Complete the serial romantic and musical genius aspirations
Master an instrument
Have kids but no kid can have the same mom/dad except for twins
Join the entertainer career – Musician Branch

Generation 11:

Party til you drop

Being the child of the most famous musician in town had a lot of perks. One being rich, two always got invited to awesome parties and three you got to know a lot of famous people.

Option 1(Base Game/GT/CL):

Goals:
Complete party animal and master mixologist aspiration
always go to parties your invited to (GT) or always throw parties
Master dancing (GT), mixology, and charisma
Marry but because of your party ways it doesn't last, divorce and marry again
Have at least 2 kids
Join social media career(CL), writer career - Journalist branch, or culinary career- Mixology branch

Option 2(Get Famous):

Goals:
Complete Master Actor Aspiration
Master Acting and Charisma
Join Acting Career
Marry but because of your need for the spotlight it doesn't work out, divorce and focus on work
Have at least one kid

Option 3(Get Famous):

Complete World Famous Celebrity Aspiration
Master Media Production Skill
Be a Volgger/video maker/music producer
Marry and have a kid or 2

Generation 12:

The historic

You were always left on your own when your parents went partying, you started to collect and loved learning about the history of the items you've found.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Complete the curator aspiration
display your collection(s)
marry and have kids

Option 2 (JA):

Goals:
complete an archaeology aspiration
explore the jungle
master archaeology
display your finds in your home or a museum
marry a native to the jungle

Option 3:(SE required)
Goals:
complete Mt. Komorebi sightseer aspiration
collect the simmi capsule's
visit festival's once a sim week
Marry a Mt. Komorebi local but perhaps the cultural differences is too much and the relationship becomes shaky (I shall leave it up to you on what happens)
have a child

Generation 13:

Friendly

Due to your parents line of work you were able to travel all over the world and found it easy to make friends.

Option 1(BG):

Goals:
Complete friend to the world aspiration
Always go out with your friends
Master painting to paint your friends
Marry a best friend and have kids

Option 2(Moschino stuff):

Because of all the traveling you did as a child you found it hard to let people get close and now that your rooted you find it hard to settle in.

Goals:
Always be surrounded by sims
Master Photography
Join freelance photographer career
woohoo with hired models and have a kid or 2

Generation 14:

Brainiac

While your parents way of life was carefree you preferred a more serious way of life. You enjoyed school and loved learning new things. This led you to wanting to become an astronaut.

Option 1 (Base Game):

Goals:
Complete nerd brain aspiration
Master rocket science
join astronaut career
Marry
have kids

Option 2 (GTW):

Goals:
Join the science career
Master logic, handiness, and rocket science
build a spaceship
Marry an alien
Have kids

Generation 15:

The Comedian

Growing up was pretty hard since you were different from everyone else. You had an alien for a parent and kids at school loved to tease you for it. You however didn't let it get you down you turned their teasing into jokes making everyone around you laugh soon enough you had some trustworthy friends.

Goals:
Complete joke star aspiration
Join entertainment career – comedian branch
Master comedy
Marry and have kids

Generation 16:

Love of family

You loved your family and couldn't wait to start your own. You wanted to be the perfect parent and have a big happy family.

Goals:
complete super parent and big happy family aspiration
be a stay at home parent
adopt a child as well as have your own

Generation 17:
(cats and dogs required)

Helping the animals

You grew up in a big supportive family so you dreamed big, you wished to help animals so you studied hard with your parents help and now you've become a vet.

Goals:
Own a vet clinic
Complete Animal Lover aspiration
Master veterinarian and pet training skills
Adopt a stray off the street
Marry a co-worker and have kids

Generation 18:

Perfect Body

While you loved animals you couldn't stand the sight of blood, so instead you wanted to train your body and be a star athlete.

Option 1: (BG)
Goals:
Complete body builder aspiration
join athletic career
Marry someone in the social media career
have some kids
Master Athletic skill

Option 2: (SE required)
Goals:
complete extreme sports enthusiast aspiration
Master skiing, snowboarding and hiking
Marry a local from Mt. Komorebi
Have a child

Generation 19:
(seasons required)

Flower Child

You never liked sports, you were more content in the garden at home caring for flowers and creating bouquets out of them.

Goals:
Own a flower arranging shop
Master flower arranging skill
Join Gardener Career – Floral Designer
Marry a co-worker
Have 2 kids

Generation 20:

Option 1:(Island Living required)

Beach Bum

You've decided to leave behind all the wealth and fame of your family name and go back to a simple way of living. You pack your bags and head off to Sulani for a fresh start.

Goals:
Complete the Beach Life aspiration
Have multiple part-time jobs or do odd jobs around the island
Complete the seashell and buried treasure collections
Marry a mermaid (if you don't want mermaids, marry a Sulani native)
Have some kids

Option 2:
(University required)

I'm not just a Name

You realize that your family name holds more meaning than your own, this is a problem for you because you don't want the family name to be the only thing your recognized for. You want independence from the family name so you decide to go to university and gain your own merits.

Goals:
Complete the Academic aspiration
Graduate with Honors
Join an organization or the secret society
Marry a sim you went to university with
Have a kid

Generation 21:
(Eco-Lifestyle required)

A Greener World

No one knows when it happened but at some point the family had stopped looking at the money and no one realized it was slowly disappearing now it's up to you to find ways to save money.

Goals:
Complete either Master Maker aspiration or Eco Innovator
Fill your home with furniture you've dumpster dived for or furniture you crafted
Find a way to sustain own source of water and electricity
Marry a sim who's as eco-minded as you
Have three kids

Generation 22:
(optional for those with the vampire, ROM or paranormal pack)

Option 1:
(Vampires required)

Something Different

You were always interested in things you shouldn't of been. You had a fascination with occult's especially vampires and you had to try and find one.

Goals:
Complete one of the vampire aspirations
become a vampire
Marry a vampire
Have a kid

Option 2:
(Realm of Magic required)

Believer

You always knew there was something more out there, something you couldn't quite explain. Than one day you discovered what it was, it was magic! Now that you know of it you feel compelled to create your own magical bloodline.

Goals:
Become a spellcastor
Complete both Spellcraft&sorcery and Purveyor of potions aspirations
Master spellcasting and potion making
Marry a spellcastor
Have some kids

If you have GTW
Own a Potions/Magical item retail shop

Option 3:
(Paranormal stuff required)

Complete any aspiration you wish
Reach Level 5 of medium skill
become a Paranormal Investigator
Marry and have a kid but because of your physic/ghostly activity it doesn't last
Have a romance with Guidry
Live in a haunted house
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    edited August 2018
    This so cool and a lot of effort looks like it went into this xxx
    Post edited by M_Valentine22 on
    hope you all are smiling x
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @M-Valentine well it's more like an aspiration challenge than anything, and the goals are mostly one's you'd complete just by following the aspiration's some goals aren't but it's up to the player to decide what they do really. This is just my adaption after all that I shared for anyone who'd be interested.
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @cmbaker16 Hello! What an incredible amount of effort you have put into this challenge. I am both scared and curious but I am mostly amazed. It is like you are after my own heart, I have wanted to attempt a challenge like this as I really want to do everything and collect everything. However, very time I have attempted, I have failed. But then again, I have always started with no money and with the rule of not using any public toilets or stealing food made by other sims. So maybe that is why. :) Anyways, fantastic challenge!

@M_Valentine22 Personally, I disagree with you and for more than one reason. Firstly, there are still many simmers who actually enjoy these types of challenges and I'm sorry but I do find your comment rather discouraging. Even if there wasn't a huge demand for a challenge like this, there is still a chance that someone would find this type of challenge interesting and would want to play it. Therefore, it doesn't actually matter if a lot of people enjoy this type of level of a challenge or not. It was kindly shared for whoever wanted it, not for the majority. Also, as quoted below, they clearly took into account all kinds of simmers who enjoy challenges.
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    You'll notice some generations have multiple options while others only have one that's because I wanted to give those with multiple packs an option for the generations where it made sense. The goals I made are pretty basic because I wanted to make sure it suited every playstyle.

Secondly, I am a very loyal Sim's franchise sheep! The sims crew is doing amazingly well but there is still so much for them to do, which they have already stated. However, the sims 4 is still lacking an extreme amount of content to offer and to explore. There are simmers who still cannot bear to play the game because four years into the sims 4 franchise and quite frankly it is still very boring for some players due to lacking content that they so desire, other simmers such as myself sometimes cannot play without a challenge and we rely on talented creators such as @cmbaker16 who spend their precious time creating challenges to make our gameplay more bearable and then some simmers can play casually and have no desire for a challenge.
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Hey. I love that you remade this challenge, it's honestly one of my favourites. I just noticed that you said it was dift instead of ditft (Difference In The Family Tree) and would it be too much to add Get Famous rules as well. I can tell that it took you awhile to make them and thank you
    SimsCadet wrote: »
    Hey. I love that you remade this challenge, it's honestly one of my favourites. I just noticed that you said it was dift instead of ditft (Difference In The Family Tree) and would it be too much to add Get Famous rules as well. I can tell that it took you awhile to make them and thank you

oh the dift is a typo that I never noticed! so sorry! it's one of my favorites as well. Yes, I have plans to add Get Famous I've recently got the pack so I am in the process of checking it out and seeing what's available and which paths to add for it :D
    @SimsCadet Generation 11 now has options for Get Famous paths and Generation 5 now has a path for the stylist career :D
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    @SimsCadet your very welcome! Let me know if you have any suggestions be happy to take them into consideration and make changes :D
  • Me2106Me2106 Posts: 9 New Member
    Just wanted to ask if this is going to be updated for Island Living?
    @Me2106 I can totally update it for Island Living, just give me a few days to think how to adapt Island Living into the challenge :)
    @cmbaker16 Cool, thank you for the fast reply. I look forward to doing this awesome challenge.
    @Me2106 I've added Island Living branches to Generation 9 and Generation 20 let me know if I missed anything
    It looks great. Thank you very much. I really look forward to starting this. :)
    @Me2106 Awesome, I hope you have fun with it :)
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    Thank you for this!!!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
    @acidsugar112 Your Welcome :D
    @acidsugar112 , @me2106 , and @simgraves I have updated gen.13 to included the new photographer career from Moschino stuff. I hope you all are enjoying the challenge :)
  • MummyThatsaGymBunnyMummyThatsaGymBunny Posts: 2 New Member
    Will there be an update for discover university and realm of magic, I’m going to start this challenge and I’d like to add those packs in too if it’s possible
    @MummyThatsaGymBunny It's totally possible, I was kind of hoping they do an update to make it so potions are worth something but seems like it's not happening so i'm going to update it soon.
    Generations 20 and 21 have been updated for ROM and University.

I won't be updating for Tiny Living as I feel that's more of a personal choice of how you want your sims to live and I don't think there's any gameplay that would require it to have it's own generation.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I love this challenge and plan on starting it soon.

I didn't see an option for Strangerville so I added an option to generation 9: The Healer, if anyone else is interested.

Option 3 (Strangerville)

Goals:
    Join military career (either branch)
    Complete Strangerville Mystery aspiration
    Marry a coworker or cured townie
    Have two kids
    @RememberJoy I completely forgot about strangerville! Thank you for your addition i'll add it to the challenge!
  • MummyThatsaGymBunnyMummyThatsaGymBunny Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you @cmbaker16 i’ll probably get started playing tonight now! I’m on console so we don’t have tiny living yet
    Hope everyone is doing well :D

I have updated this for Eco-Lifestyle check out generation 21 to see the new generation info.

Happy Simming!
  • KiwiColieKiwiColie Posts: 3 New Member
    This is fantastic! I like that it's structured but not to restrictive and allows me to skip gens if I want to. I've never been fond of challenges that must be done in a certain order or specifically demand certain traits.