Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I could use some opinions (again): House Now up for Download - if interested :)

13...Next

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Amphora I know I said I liked the green chairs, but, with the new black curtains, the black chairs look fantastic. Great job pulling it together.

I don't usually use curtains if I use those high windows as they are so pretty. I just have to pretend no one is gonna stand on a stepladder and peep at my sims while they are on the potty! :lol:
    I like the distressed shutters around the mirror and the step stool too. I do love that mirror and use it a lot in halls. It looks great in the bathroom. Can sims route with the stool so close to the doorway?
    I would remove one of the wheels and add a towel rack. Sims gotta dry off! :grin:

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    @Amphora I agree with @bekkasan about the curtains helping to pull the black dining room chairs into the overall color scheme. Awesome. I like the bathroom too. Love the shutters and counter arrangement. How many bedrooms will this home have? Are you sure one bathroom (toilet) will be enough?

The house is really coming together!
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Oh no worries.I'd love the link to it though when you do finish, because its absolutely beautiful! Do you have a blog or anything with your creations? ^_^

For the chairs, I prefer the green ones.
    As for the corner, if you do some MOO, you could put maybe a piano(keyboard there) or perhaps a computer desk, with some baskets underneath and some clutter on top.
    Thank you so much! o:)
    I have a thread on the Builders portion of Creative Corner that I’m slowly adding my various houses to. I also have a downloads portion on my Tumblr for my houses. Not all of them are there but I’m getting them all organized and together. Lol.

This house is a pure marvel ! Both livingrooms are cozy.
    Thank you very much!! o:)

coco wrote: »
    Your sims will be fighting over that one bathroom I bet :tongue:

It's cute and charming. But I do think for the space maybe it's just a little too cluttered. What does it look like with shorter or no curtains? Or maybe remove one of the wheels or place something smaller on the wall. I like the idea of putting that little footstool by the door and at first glance I thought the mirror was a window :lol:

Oops forgot to say that I really do like the black chairs, and perfect choice of plant for the table :smile:
    Thanks! You know, after looking it over in these pics I agree. I’ll do a small makeover in the bathroom when I’m in the game next. And that mirror has become one of my favorite decor objects in this house <3 lol

bekkasan wrote: »
    @Amphora I know I said I liked the green chairs, but, with the new black curtains, the black chairs look fantastic. Great job pulling it together.

I don't usually use curtains if I use those high windows as they are so pretty. I just have to pretend no one is gonna stand on a stepladder and peep at my sims while they are on the potty! :lol:
    I like the distressed shutters around the mirror and the step stool too. I do love that mirror and use it a lot in halls. It looks great in the bathroom. Can sims route with the stool so close to the doorway?
    I would remove one of the wheels and add a towel rack. Sims gotta dry off! :grin:
    Thank you! I really liked how the curtains helped pull it together too :)
    And yep the bathroom is all routed correctly. I have a family living in there to test and fix/upgrade things to make sure everything is working right. In fact they are all fighting over the rocking chair to nap in since I haven’t put any beds in the house yet :D

lanlyn wrote: »
    @Amphora I agree with @bekkasan about the curtains helping to pull the black dining room chairs into the overall color scheme. Awesome. I like the bathroom too. Love the shutters and counter arrangement. How many bedrooms will this home have? Are you sure one bathroom (toilet) will be enough?

The house is really coming together!
    Lol it’s a consensus to be rid of the curtains and I quite agree with you all! It is a bit too much. :s
    This house is only on a 30x30 lot so it’s just a cottage, really. Two bedrooms and one bathroom but I think I’ll try to add a bathroom upstairs when I go in my game again.

Thank you everybody, for all of your opinions! I already have some ideas on what to do and get rid of which makes decorating much easier :p
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The black chairs look great with the new curtains! The elderly female is also a lovely touch to the kitchen - every kitchen should have one! ;)
  • poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Both are so adorable! I'm down for option 2 though. I don't know, it just seems more open and inviting!
    edited September 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    The black chairs look great with the new curtains! The elderly female is also a lovely touch to the kitchen - every kitchen should have one! ;)

Thanks!
    And the lady is Annaliese. She’s the long suffering grandmother of these two bickering children adults.
    tumblr_inline_peaziisiH91vhkp6x_1280.jpg
    She wasn’t happy with the lack of indoor plumbing before the bathroom was finished and was constantly complaining about it :p
    tumblr_pe5g0wn53H1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    They’re the family who lives there and fixes things up for me :)

poptarts_ wrote: »
    Both are so adorable! I'm down for option 2 though. I don't know, it just seems more open and inviting!
    Thank you for your kind words and input! I appreciate everybody’s opinions on here :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Amphora As an elderly woman myself, I totally understand Annaliese's displeasure at the lack of indoor plumbing! :p
    Of course, back in the day, we didn't have indoor plumbing and nighttime trips to the outhouse was never fun! :#
    @Mikezumi Lol! I've started adding more elders to my game lately because I never really had them in my game much before. However, now that I do I really like how it seems as though they complete a family in the game :)

On another note, here's an update and some more questions for you all!
    I finished the downstairs bathroom - unless you guys have more ideas for me? :)
    tumblr_pecwnxJl381xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pecwnxJl381xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pecwnxJl381xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    I decluttered the bathroom, made the shower look like an actual walk-in shower (and yes, it all routes great :P) and just an overall redo. All of your ideas and opinions really helped me make this bathroom look better. Looks more natural I think :)

Now time to start the upstairs landing!
    tumblr_pecwpbCtG31xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pecwpbCtG31xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pecwpbCtG31xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg
    I have an idea of what I'll do up there but I'm open to any suggestions you guys have! What do you think I should do here?

And I did indeed add an upstairs bathroom up here! So now this house has two beds and two baths :)
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Amphora Love the walk-in shower idea! Super. And I think your sims will be happy to have two bathrooms. ;)

The upstairs landing could have a desk or a stereo. Can't really tell how much room there is, but it looks limited.
    tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo4_r1_1280.jpg
    I thought to update this thread and tell you all that if you liked this house I have it up for download now :)

Here are some pics of the finished house. I left one bedroom undecorated but pretty much everything else is fully finished.
    tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo7_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo1_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo2_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo8_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo6_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo10_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo9_r1_540.jpg

Here is a download link on Simfileshare. It is a Library .package file because my game was acting up and refused to make a sim3pack. I hope you all like the house :)
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    That house is stunning! Nice job on the decor.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It looks like you did a great job on that house and it can also be added to the game to convert to a community lot to place on a larger lot for a park.I use things like this for community lots for free vacations for my sims that won't glitch out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    I love this house I plan on adding it to a smaller southern style small world in my game.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    The house is stunning! Did you use any CC?
    The house is stunning! Did you use any CC?

Very little. I prefer using as little CC as possible in my houses :)
    These DIY shutters are ones I use all the time on my houses as you can place them anywhere you want instead of dealing with the clunky EA shutters.

The rest of the CC used is mostly just plant decor like the hanging plants you see surrounding the blue horse picture here:
    tumblr_phbvb17d5R1xq9hdmo7_r1_540.jpg

and the last pieces of CC are some lamps that I, unfortunately, can't find the links of anymore. So pretty much this house will look the exact same without the CC it has :)

However, there is a lot of Store content though. And will require all EP's except for Into the Future. Just to warn you. lol

@Kynan
    Thank you! I appreciate your kind words :)

@TadOlson Thanks, tad! I never thought of doing that...bears some thinking o:)

@BerryCharming awesome! I hope you enjoy it in your game :)