Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Charlatans and Professors, How Many?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 2
I scanned my current hood at the moment and saw the Unsavory Charlatan is listed three times (no BV hoods installed yet) two are listed as ghosts. And I have about thirty professors listed in the files with only one dorm in a custom hood I made. Is this correct?, since Uni had a bug that was patched but produced too many professors and then BV had a bug that produced too many Charlatans in character files. How many of these are we supposed to have (I can't remember) and why is the charlatan listed as a ghost, twice?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    How many Universities do you have attached to the neighborhood?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I know I've seen 3 listed by SimPe. Just like 3 Break dancers and Human statues. I never thought of why or anything. Never counted the Professors. :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I know I've seen 3 listed by SimPe. Just like 3 Break dancers and Human statues. I never thought of why or anything. Never counted the Professors. :(

Do you have any idea why two of the Charlatans are listed as ghosts? I don't remember seeing this before. Is this the way Maxis fixed the over abudant production of charlatans caused by the BV EP? I just remember we had to get MATY's fix then Maxis patched the game and we had three again, but I don't recall they be listed as ghosts.

Answering the other question, I have only one Uni hood attached. But seems I have every Professor if I had all three attached. :/ Just wondering if they keep producing and if this is a returned glitch/bug in the TS2UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I didn't see mine marked as ghosts. Would it show in the 'Other' option? :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I didn't see mine marked as ghosts. Would it show in the 'Other' option? :(

When I used the clean installer to check how many characters my game is spawning, it keeps spawning charlatans in the files. (Now I have four, lol) but there are three as ghosts now instead of two. One live. I guess this will keep happening every time I go to a community lot? Is this the Maxis fix or is this a bug? I mean is this how Maxis fixed the spawning by killing them off into ghosts every time the game spawns one?