Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting sims together? Clubs

I just made "Family" clubs as a way to get families together, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, I wanted the good trait to be a requirement but then realized it left out some of the kids that did not have that trait to be a candidate.

I am really wanting the toddlers to be included in clubs, I want a toddlers club for the neighborhood so they can get to know each other, I found in a previous game that having a daycare did that and by the time that were at college they picked their own wives and husbands. That made the game really fun for me because it was not always who I would have picked.

So I am trying to build the grandparents relationships and family relationships, but again it excludes toddlers.
I just got Seasons and saw the calendar and am hoping I can schedule a play date but have not figured that out yet.
Having more options in clubs would be good, and having traits to exclude would be good also.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited August 2018
    You can schedule a play date on the calendar by clicking a day on the calendar, then clicking the + by "add event". Then you select "toddler play date". You can even choose what time the play date starts. I hope this helps. :)
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    You can schedule a play date on the calendar by clicking a day on the calendar, then clicking the + by "add event". Then you select "toddler play date". You can even choose what time the play date starts. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks, the only problem is my sims have been so busy raising toddlers that they don't know anyone to invite lol.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »

Thanks, the only problem is my sims have been so busy raising toddlers that they don't know anyone to invite lol.
    I wish there was an easier way to meet other toddlers as well (it would be nice to have them show up at parks etc). There is a mod out there I think that does that, but I’m trying not to have so many since they break all the time. Anyway, I usually just find households with toddlers in the edit world view, then send one of my Sims over for a quick visit. Once the toddler shows up in the adult Sims relationships you can invite them for a play date. Not the most efficient solution, but it works. Although I can see it being an issue for anyone with long loading screens.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    simplyzoe wrote: »

I wish there was an easier way to meet other toddlers as well (it would be nice to have them show up at parks etc). There is a mod out there I think that does that, but I’m trying not to have so many since they break all the time. Anyway, I usually just find households with toddlers in the edit world view, then send one of my Sims over for a quick visit. Once the toddler shows up in the adult Sims relationships you can invite them for a play date. Not the most efficient solution, but it works. Although I can see it being an issue for anyone with long loading screens.

Thanks! That will help.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I have to say the play date needs work. I tried to do a playdate and my sim actually needed to know the toddler. I sort of wanted my Sim's friend to bring her toddler along so the adults could converse while the toddlers played together. It doesn't seem to work like that unless I am missing something.
    edited August 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »

I have to say the play date needs work. I tried to do a playdate and my sim actually needed to know the toddler. I sort of wanted my Sim's friend to bring her toddler along so the adults could converse while the toddlers played together. It doesn't seem to work like that unless I am missing something.
    No you’re not missing anything. The adult sim that schedules the play date must have the toddler they want to invite already in their relationship panel for it to work. I really miss the option from past iterations where you could call a Sim you know and “invite household”.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

No you’re not missing anything. The adult sim that schedules the play date must have the toddler they want to invite already in their relationship panel for it to work. I really miss the option from past iterations where you could call a Sim you know and “invite household”.

ugh that ruins the playdate for me. I don't want to really take care of someone else's toddler. I want the parents to come along to the park too. I thought that is how real life playdates work, right? LOL
    edited August 2018

ugh that ruins the playdate for me. I don't want to really take care of someone else's toddler. I want the parents to come along to the park too. I thought that is how real life playdates work, right? LOL

I haven’t really played with the feature much, but I want to say the mom came over too, although I think she just wandered in and used the family computer the whole time. I may have just invited her to hang out on the current lot at the same time though, it’s been a long time so my memory is fuzzy on that.

Edit to remove double quote