Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Like the Forced Household Saving?

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What I mean by this is: I'm not a fan of how the game forces you to save your household upon first starting a new file. Because of it, whenever I start new files with the same households that I already have saved, the game keeps creating new copies of the exact same households. I really would appreciate a "continue without saving" option.

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I agree. I usually delete duplicate households (or households I didn't plan to save to the gallery in the first place).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not saving in the Sims is a big mistake - in fact I save every 30 minutes or face the consequences - and back up the saves as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I start new save files with a randomly generated sim i delete after creating the save file.
    But yes, it's annoying. It's especially annoying that the game forces you to chose a place for them to live and immediately send you there.

Like, no, I don't want to go through hat loading screen. I don't acutally care about this household and even if I did, I have other things to do to fix the town before playing them.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2018
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I start new save files with a randomly generated sim i delete after creating the save file.
    But yes, it's annoying. It's especially annoying that the game forces you to chose a place for them to live and immediately send you there.

Like, no, I don't want to go through hat loading screen. I don't acutally care about this household and even if I did, I have other things to do to fix the town before playing them.

This is what I do whenever I start a new game to try things out.

I usually keep a template save that already has all Sims and buildings that I want in it. Whenever I feel the need to start over, I load up that save, remove the older family and replace them with the more advanced version.

I wish that the game would bypass CAS and let the player decide when they want to create a new household.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying, but I usually just delete the extra households.